PerfecDraw

OK... then let me give you at least a little inkling of at least the frustrations that these two products may solve.  According to the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), I can't say anything about the products themselves yet.  But I can certainly ask you (and everyone here) if you have either of the following frustrations:

1) PRODUCT #1 - When I go out to smoke with buddies -- let's say we're gonna meet up at some restaurant that has a patio where you can have cigars.  I fill my favorite lighter - a DuPont.  And as I'm filling my lighter with butane, I'm concerned if I'll be running out of butane tonight.  I get there, and routinely some of the guys didn't even bring a lighter.  So they're reaching for my lighter and others' lighters.  And we'll be there a good 4 or more hours BS'ing, and I talk a lot...so we'll go through two sticks and I'll have to often re-light my cigar.  So with others reaching for my lighter, and me using it so much, sure enough, I, or some of the other guys run out of butane in our lighters.  And now with so many triple and quad flame lighters, those things guzzle the butane.  It's at least a concern for me and almost every other cigar smoker I've asked.

And several have told me that they will bring three lighters with them, just because of this concern.  But of course we all have our "most favorite" lighter that we prefer using.  So do any of you guys/gals here have that concern or frustration?

2) PRODUCT #2 - Traveling on airplanes for vacation or business -- The TSA rules state that you MAY take up to ONE cold-flame lighter, like a BIC lighter, in your pocket on board or in your carry-on luggage...but NOT in your checked luggage.  They do not allow butane in checked luggage.  You may not take any type of reservoir of butane (like a can of butane) on plane AT ALL.  And you may take torch lighters only in your checked luggage, but they must be 100% empty, without even any vapors in the lighters (they often check).  And they should be placed in a ziplock bag with a note saying they are EMPTY.  But even when doing this, I hear reports of torch lighters having been confiscated in checked luggage.

But if you bring an empty torch lighter, good luck finding any cans of butane at your destination.  Certainly nearly no hotels or resorts have cans of butane in their lobby stores.  And what a pain in the neck it is to light your cigar with a cold flame lighter, especially out doors where you may be smoking with some wind.

They do have lighters that some companies have private labeled as "travel lighters".  They are typically pretty bulky plastic housings with a torch tip but are empty inside.  You put those in your checked luggage.  You carry a BIC style lighter with you on the plane.  And when you arrive at your destination, you slide the cold flame lighter inside this plastic housing contraption and it converts it to a torch lighter.  But there are a couple problems:

- You can't use a BIC lighter because it is the wrong shape and will not fit.  And BIC is the most commonly sold cold lighter in gift shops.  You need the correct shaped cold flame lighter.  And remember you can only bring ONE cold flame lighter with you on the plane.

- These "travel lighter" housing things are bulky.  I bought one to take with me to Germany for the InterTabac show and the Cigar Trophy Awards ceremony.  So here I am, walking around all day, with my 3-finger sleeve of cigars and my compact cigar tool kit, which this bulky lighter will not fit into.  So I carry this bulky lighter in my pocket, and it looks and feels ridiculous in my pocket.

So the frustrations this other lighter that I have in mind will solve are:

- No bulky plastic housing -- this is an actual cigar lighter that will work as a torch, but TSA has confirmed it can be carried on board.

- This thing will have enough butane reservoir inside of it to last till the cows come home!  Yet it will not be bulky like that other "travel lighter" gizmos.

So, I'd love to hear any comments on these two frustrations.  I don't want to go spending a MOUNTAIN of money developing and manufacturing these two products if they won't even sell.  Love to hear any and all feedback -- HONEST feedback.

Thanks guys 'n gals.

Rod

• Like 3

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

Thanks.  I didn't do a good job of explaining that the #1 and #2 above are frustrations for two different products.  I just edited it to make it more clear.

So, which frustration were you talking about, #1 or #2?

Rod

1 hour ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

OK... then let me give you at least a little inkling of at least the frustrations that these two products may solve.  According to the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), I can't say anything about the products themselves yet.  But I can certainly ask you (and everyone here) if you have either of the following frustrations:

1) PRODUCT #1 - When I go out to smoke with buddies -- let's say we're gonna meet up at some restaurant that has a patio where you can have cigars.  I fill my favorite lighter - a DuPont.  And as I'm filling my lighter with butane, I'm concerned if I'll be running out of butane tonight.  I get there, and routinely some of the guys didn't even bring a lighter.  So they're reaching for my lighter and others' lighters.  And we'll be there a good 4 or more hours BS'ing, and I talk a lot...so we'll go through two sticks and I'll have to often re-light my cigar.  So with others reaching for my lighter, and me using it so much, sure enough, I, or some of the other guys run out of butane in our lighters.  And now with so many triple and quad flame lighters, those things guzzle the butane.  It's at least a concern for me and almost every other cigar smoker I've asked.

And several have told me that they will bring three lighters with them, just because of this concern.  But of course we all have our "most favorite" lighter that we prefer using.  So do any of you guys/gals here have that concern or frustration?

2) PRODUCT #2 - Traveling on airplanes for vacation or business -- The TSA rules state that you MAY take up to ONE cold-flame lighter, like a BIC lighter, in your pocket on board or in your carry-on luggage...but NOT in your checked luggage.  They do not allow butane in checked luggage.  You may not take any type of reservoir of butane (like a can of butane) on plane AT ALL.  And you may take torch lighters only in your checked luggage, but they must be 100% empty, without even any vapors in the lighters (they often check).  And they should be placed in a ziplock bag with a note saying they are EMPTY.  But even when doing this, I hear reports of torch lighters having been confiscated in checked luggage.

But if you bring an empty torch lighter, good luck finding any cans of butane at your destination.  Certainly nearly no hotels or resorts have cans of butane in their lobby stores.  And what a pain in the neck it is to light your cigar with a cold flame lighter, especially out doors where you may be smoking with some wind.

They do have lighters that some companies have private labeled as "travel lighters".  They are typically pretty bulky plastic housings with a torch tip but are empty inside.  You put those in your checked luggage.  You carry a BIC style lighter with you on the plane.  And when you arrive at your destination, you slide the cold flame lighter inside this plastic housing contraption and it converts it to a torch lighter.  But there are a couple problems:

- You can't use a BIC lighter because it is the wrong shape and will not fit.  And BIC is the most commonly sold cold lighter in gift shops.  You need the correct shaped cold flame lighter.  And remember you can only bring ONE cold flame lighter with you on the plane.

- These "travel lighter" housing things are bulky.  I bought one to take with me to Germany for the InterTabac show and the Cigar Trophy Awards ceremony.  So here I am, walking around all day, with my 3-finger sleeve of cigars and my compact cigar tool kit, which this bulky lighter will not fit into.  So I carry this bulky lighter in my pocket, and it looks and feels ridiculous in my pocket.

So the frustrations this other lighter that I have in mind will solve are:

- No bulky plastic housing -- this is an actual cigar lighter that will work as a torch, but TSA has confirmed it can be carried on board.

- This thing will have enough butane reservoir inside of it to last till the cows come home!  Yet it will not be bulky like that other "travel lighter" gizmos.

So, I'd love to hear any comments on these two frustrations.  I don't want to go spending a MOUNTAIN of money developing and manufacturing these two products if they won't even sell.  Love to hear any and all feedback -- HONEST feedback.

Thanks guys 'n gals.

Rod

Yes please!  If your ideas on “products 1 & 2” are anything like the PerfecDraw, I’m in. I bought one PD, then promptly bought 2 more.  Your use cases for the new products...we’ve all dealt with that!

- Wheezy

• 5 weeks later...

I bought a PerfecDraw for myself over Christmas, and gifted one to my son-in-law as well. 

I am a convert. Great idea, excellent quality, and it works as advertised. Saved a Lusitania yesterday that I would have previously chucked into the bin.

Big Al 

On 12/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, Cigar Fan 29 said:

I'm concerned if I'll be running out of butane tonight

I also have always been disappointed with the butane capacity of higher-end lighters. The things just seem like they should have large enough tanks inside but I rarely get more than two days from one fill if smoking frequently (3-4 cigars per day). 

It would take a lot of work, but designing and building a strong, great looking, lightweight, reliable lighter with a larger tank that remained sleek and streamlined in the $75-100 range may indeed be a successful product. I think it is possible to improve on the existing lighters available today. 

I used PerfecRepair on this split-wide-open Punch Double Corona and the cigar smoked great with no problems.  I was skeptical the PerfecRepair could fix such a large split, but it did. 

1357886600_splitcigar(2).jpg.5903e0cc364c2ca49f98b4839152ac25.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used PerfecRepair on this split-wide-open Punch Double Corona and the cigar smoked great with no problems.  I was skeptical the PerfecRepair could fix such a large split, but it did. 
1357886600_splitcigar(2).jpg.5903e0cc364c2ca49f98b4839152ac25.jpg

I ordered 4 bottles last night. The stuff is miracle goo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I also have always been disappointed with the butane capacity of higher-end lighters. The things just seem like they should have large enough tanks inside but I rarely get more than two days from one fill if smoking frequently (3-4 cigars per day). 

It would take a lot of work, but designing and building a strong, great looking, lightweight, reliable lighter with a larger tank that remained sleek and streamlined in the $75-100 range may indeed be a successful product. I think it is possible to improve on the existing lighters available today. 

You smoke 4 cigars per day? WOW. 

Sounds like you need a table top lighter. Plenty of capacity there. I don't know how you can get something small to hold enough butane for your needs. 

16 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Get one of these and call it a day. Alec Bradley lighter. 

D1592F77-8771-47BA-86D8-36C60DCAF9E8.jpeg

• Like 1

The PerfecDraw is the best tool for opening up the draw of a cigar that I have found. A definite must have for habanos smokers IMO. Their cigar glue is also excellent. It sets up quickly and is also the best of its type of product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

You smoke 4 cigars per day? WOW

Ha, that would be a heavy day and most likely out and about, like a vacation or herf, need a pocket-sized lighter and are smoking a lot.

I Cuba I'm definitely smoking 4+ cigars per day. 

5 hours ago, Paul23 said:

Wish I had this back in 2000 with some Monte #2s I had.

Try virtually any Lonsdale from 00-02. Tent pegs, my friend. RyJ Churchills were also really bad IIRC from about 97-02. 

On 12/5/2018 at 3:43 PM, prodigy said:

Any chance of selling it in a bottle that's 20x larger than what's currently available?

Jeez, I've used the stuff on probably 20 cigars and I can't even tell any is gone. You spiking your punch with the stuff? :P

I bought some last year in a group buy...ended up costing about £20 for the glue and PD. What a great purchase imo...I use it more has a nubber than fixing a cigar but have used it to save a few expensive cigars

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Ha, that would be a heavy day and most likely out and about, like a vacation or herf, need a pocket-sized lighter and are smoking a lot.

I Cuba I'm definitely smoking 4+ cigars per day. 

Try virtually any Lonsdale from 00-02. Tent pegs, my friend. RyJ Churchills were also really bad IIRC from about 97-02. 

I need to get on your level. I was very disappointed in myself in Cuba. I did not smoke much at all. 1 or 2 a day. Was just too miserably hot. I went in July. 

Jeez, I've used the stuff on probably 20 cigars and I can't even tell any is gone. You spiking your punch with the stuff? 
I guess I've been unfortunate enough to receive a lot of damaged cigars. I have a whole god of fire 14 count sampler that I bought a few years again and just now opened. Every, single, stick, damaged from light cracking to severe, almost destroyed condition. I went through the first bottle in a few weeks and never bought more. Now I should be set for a few years lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Yeah, not exactly the ideal weather window. At least you can smoke indoors there and find some A/C.

I stick to the Festival dates--Mar or Nov. 

That's why I didn't want to go around those dates. I figured the pickings would be good when I went.....I was wrong. A huge company of Chinese people had just come through before I got there. Wiped out all Cohiba and anything else halfway decent. You win some, you lose some...