PerfecDraw

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 0:12 AM, boilers183 said:

Does anyone know if there is an active coupon code? There is a place to enter one at checkout...

I googled and found Katman which gives 15% off.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2017 at 9:53 AM, boilers183 said:

Thanks! I found the same code a few weeks ago and forgot to put it in here... it was still valid at the end of April

Just worked now...May 12th.

Thanks gentlemen! 

ETA: I ordered this on Friday morning from NJ and I received it following Monday morning via California using the free shipping option. Great service!

It has a nice feel of quality to it...and the barbs are very sharp. I think being able to actually remove a small amount of tobacco from the tight area of the cigar versus just pushing the leaves around with a long nail seems like the way to go. Not that we need this every day, but it looks like it will come in handy once in a while. 

• Like 1

Bit the bullet and forked out the $35 on Saturday (thanks to those who shared the coupon code).  Actually got it today (48 hours x-continent).  I felt like a bit of a sucker until I used it just now.  Wish I had gotten it a few weeks ago when this thread first went up.  Wonderful device.  Sometimes you have to pay for the idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bman75 said:

One slightly annoying thing was the instructions stating,"To prevent damage, go to our instructional video..."  The video is down on their site but these's plenty of user videos on YT.

So then, you'd prefer to learn the "proper" way to use it from people who aren't experts, as compared to learning it from the person who created the instrument?  For example, in the video above (Cigar Audit), and some other user videos, they're pretty much using it incorrectly.  And yes, they're still happy with the results, but when you use it incorrectly (such as screwing it in and then twisting, twisting, twisting), you lose approximately 80% of the effectiveness.

Twisting it continuously simply clogs up the blades and channels with tobacco.  The correct (and far more effective) technique is to simply screw it in to the preferred depth and pull it straight out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

So then, you'd prefer to learn the "proper" way to use it from people who aren't experts, as compared to learning it from the person who created the instrument?  For example, in the video above (Cigar Audit), and some other user videos, they're pretty much using it incorrectly.  And yes, they're still happy with the results, but when you use it incorrectly (such as screwing it in and then twisting, twisting, twisting), you lose approximately 80% of the effectiveness.

Twisting it continuously simply clogs up the blades and channels with tobacco.  The correct (and far more effective) technique is to simply screw it in to the preferred depth and pull it straight out.

That's what I needed to know.  Screw in, pull out.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bman75 said:

That's what I needed to know.  Screw in, pull out.  Thanks! 

Lemme tell you a little more about the instructional video on the website that you referred to....

One day I brought my laptop to my local B&M to enjoy a cigar while getting some work done.  I had one of the prototype versions of the PerfecDraw with me.  I was using it on my cigar when someone asked me what it was.  I explained it and handed it to him.  Then some old-fart in the corner (almost as old as me) said his cigar was really tight, and he reached for the PerfecDraw prototype and started using it before I had a chance to tell him how to use it.  

He promptly SHOVED it almost all the way in, pushing it out the side of the cigar and into the palm of his hand.  No real damage to his hand -- and as luck would have it, I also had a bottle of what later became the PerfecRepair and was able to fix the damage to the side of his cigar.  It was right then that I realized I needed to film an instructional video simple enough for a 5 year-old to understand.  Lots of old-fart 5 year-olds like me out there.

Then when some of the YT reviewers started doing reviews of the PerfecDraw, showing what is exactly the wrong way of using it, then I decided that I needed to put that warning label on the PerfecDraw box, pointing the new user to the actual, genuine, bonafide and correct instructions.  LOL!!

Anyway, glad you like it bro.

Rod

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

Then when some of the YT reviewers started doing reviews of the PerfecDraw, showing what is exactly the wrong way of using it, then I decided that I needed to put that warning label on the PerfecDraw box, pointing the new user to the actual, genuine, bonafide and correct instructions.  LOL!!

Anyway, glad you like it bro.

Rod

Rod

Touch base mate. happy to put it up in our classifieds section with your official vid and instructions. 

Always happy to support someone who brings something new to our passion. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Rod

Touch base mate. happy to put it up in our classifieds section with your official vid and instructions. 

Always happy to support someone who brings something new to our passion. 

Hey El Presidente!

Whatever your royalness thinks is good with me. :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

Rod...fyi...the instructional video is still down on the site.  Showing "this video is private."

1 hour ago, bman75 said:

Rod...fyi...the instructional video is still down on the site.  Showing "this video is private."

Huh?  Wah?  There are 4 vids on the home page of the site -- PerfecDraw intro vid, PerfecDraw use instructions vid, science & engineering vid (sorry, I'm a research scientist and engineer, so this stuff is always important to me), and the PerfecRepair intro/instructional vid.  I just clicked on all 4 vids and they played with no problem.  And we've not had anyone contact us regarding a problem. 

If you will, try seeing if those videos will play on a different device.

Also, if you can tell me a little about the computer or smart phone that the vids won't work on, I will get that info to my IT department STAT.

Thanks for the heads-up bud!!

Rod

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playindirty said:

Rod videos are working on my pc 

bman75 is correct.  The vids are working on the main website, but the link on the "CAUTION" sticker on the PerfecDraw itself is not working.  I've already alerted my IT department so it can be fixed right away.

Thanks to bman75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bman saves the world!

• Like 2

Just a shout to Rod again, been using the PerfecDraw when I need to, and have had excellent results.

Also bought the PerfecRepair, had to use it once, and again flawless..... Thanks again for making **** that just WORKS!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Based on comments here and reviews I bought it The katman discount worked as well. I look forward to checking it out

• Like 1

Mine arrived last Thursday and the first cigar I had after I received it was a Punch DC. Cut it tested it and it seemed fine but a short while into it it tightened up a bit so tried the Perfect Draw and it definitely helped. Haven't needed it since but nice to know it is there if I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1