PerfecDraw

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

Mine arrived last Thursday and I have to say that it really does work. I did test it on several plugged cigars that have been sitting around for months and I did get them to draw better, but haven't smoked them yet.  My wife and I often enjoy a cigar after dinner so I'm always grabbing 2 cigars out of the same box to smoke and she always gets the one with the better draw.  So I pulled a pair of Boli RCs last night and hers was pretty open and mine was very tight.  I used the Perfect Draw and was able to have a pleasant smoke of a cigar that would have gone into my reject humidor where cigars with bad draws go so they can be dry boxed for later. 

• Like 1

Another HUGE +1 for Perfect Draw.  I actually purchased mine because my last Serie E was rolled so tight I would have blew out a lung trying to keep it lit.

For those who are wondering, code KATMAN still worked as a 15% discount.

2B2BFA9F-8234-4D46-BEE2-4766B36035CE_zps

• Like 1

I put it to the test this weekend.  Many moons ago I purchased a five pack of My Father Antiguadad.  The four I smoked were all clogged, all got thrown out about 1/3 the way through so the last stick went to die at the bottom of my singles drawer.  

I clipped the head on stick #5 and it was, as I expected, unsmokable.  So I used the PerfecDraw three times and wouldn't you know...it completely opened up.  

• Like 1

+1 on the positive feedback train.  Used the PerfecDraw on the overfilled QDO I smoked last night...I had to make multiple deep passes, from both directions :ph34r:...but the cigar went from unsmokeable to 'perfect'.  Well done Rod.

• Like 1

Well done Rod, ordered another for some upcoming Fathers Day gifts.  This little gadget REALLY does work and work WELL!  Nicely designed!

• Like 1

Can you buy these through the FOH Classifieds?

I used mine (carefully) on a plugged RG slenderella, this weekend.  No cracked wrapper and a perfect draw. Mad so many old slenderella's had to be begrudgingly smoked with plugs before i found this awesome invention!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Digging up this thread to add another testimonial. This is the draw tool to buy if you are going to buy a draw tool. Tight draws annoy me to no end, and my tolerance level for them is much lower than most people on this forum. Every time someone insists that they can just massage a tight cigar loose I roll my eyes. This is the only product I have used that has actually worked to my satisfaction. Worth every penny, and I will be buying more to give to all of my cigar smoking friends.

• Like 1

Have now used this tool a number of times with perfect results. Nice to finally buy a cigar tool that finally works unlike the other crap on the market

Huge plus one

How did we even smoke before this thing?  It breathed new life into the last 15 of a 2006 box of Monte No. 3s that were pissing me off to no end with their tight construction.  As others have said, I too initially balked at the price point, but then realized it would pay for itself if I were to be able to salvage 3-4 cigars (or just 2 Monte Especiales or CoLas).  I've had it for about 3 weeks, and it has already paid for itself.  If only I could get so much positive feedback for my own side-project, I feel I'd be a millionaire overnight. 

2 minutes ago, Wertman said:

So question if the production of cigars in early 2000s were questionable. Would the perfect draw fix all of that and buying those cigars would not be as risky

I still possess cigars from that era nothing would fix. You'd have to drill through from both ends and all you'll end up with is a hot burning tunnel through the tiny passage you created. Fact.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wertman said:

So question if the production of cigars in early 2000s were questionable. Would the perfect draw fix all of that and buying those cigars would not be as risky

Depends. I've used it to take some 1999 HdM du prince from bad to decent. I'm not sure I would hope for too much with a larger cigar like a Churchill or Double Corona. If you have a steady hand, you can run the tool through a few spots, so I think there is a small chance, but I wouldn't seek out bad boxes unless the discount was hefty.

I will add to the positive reviews.  I ordered one over a month ago and it has worked perfectly. I just wonder why I waited so long to buy one. If you're on the fence just order one. The first couple tight draws it saves will make it worth the investment. 

I had a Johnny O double corona that not even the perfect draw could fix.  It was like trying to drink a milkshake through a coffee stir stick.  I do love the perfect draw though.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'll add to the positive feedback. Just came in the other day and tonight it saved a Monte 3 from a box that has had some very tight draws. I wouldn't have even attempted to smoke this one before, but after using the tool this one smoked like dream. Go get one now!

I'll add to the +1.  To be honest the instructional videos DO kind of talk down to you a bit (LOL that our dentist friend showed up in this thread later) and that kind of put me off a bit, sounded a little gimmicky.  But credit where credit it due, I got one and it paid for itself in 3 weeks max.  Every cigar saved from here on out is pure bonus.

49 minutes ago, RickHendeson said:

I'll add to the +1.  To be honest the instructional videos DO kind of talk down to you a bit (LOL that our dentist friend showed up in this thread later) and that kind of put me off a bit, sounded a little gimmicky.  But credit where credit it due, I got one and it paid for itself in 3 weeks max.  Every cigar saved from here on out is pure bonus.

Hey Rick,

I know what you mean, but have you ever taught people?  I've been teaching for the last 41 years.  When I talk to patients explaining what problems they have, I learned that I have to talk at the level of a 5 year-old, or many just will not get it.  I've published 5 books for dentists, and if I don't go into every little detail, many of them will miss the point - and in general, dentists tend to be some pretty bright people.  I've been the keynote speaker at dental conferences all over the world, and if I don't go into every little detail, hands go up with questions right and left.

And my primary company now is considered the premier teeth whitening company in the world.  So it's a pretty large company, and we have a lot of employees.  For for instance, I was in my lab yesterday doing training of my lab techs.  And again, when I don't go into every little detail, some of them just don't get it.

But the problem is that some in the audience or some reading -- and even some patients when sitting there speaking directly with them -- will probably feel like I'm talking down to them.  After all these years, it's just become routine for me to dig down and remember that some don't grasp what's said all that easily.

Oh -- another thing.  Several times I've been having a cigar with other cigar smokers, and they see me use the PerfecDraw and ask what that thing is.  Some will say their draw is tight, and ask to use it.  I've found that sometimes if I don't explain well enough, they don't use it correctly.  In one case, there was this old guy (about my age ;) ) who grabbed the PerfecDraw, wrapped his hand around the cigar, and SHOVED in the PerfecDraw before I had a chance to try to explain things to him.  He shoved the PerfecDraw right through the side of the cigar -- AND INTO HIS HAND!  YIKES!

Anyway, my point is that it's not at all my intention to talk down to anyone.  I just want to make sure that anyone watching fully understands and benefits from the info.

I do apologize if you felt talked down to, but I hope you understand my intentions.

Thanks.

Rod

• Like 3