PerfecDraw

3 hours ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

Hey Rick,

I know what you mean, but have you ever taught people?  I've been teaching for the last 41 years.  When I talk to patients explaining what problems they have, I learned that I have to talk at the level of a 5 year-old, or many just will not get it.  I've published 5 books for dentists, and if I don't go into every little detail, many of them will miss the point - and in general, dentists tend to be some pretty bright people.  I've been the keynote speaker at dental conferences all over the world, and if I don't go into every little detail, hands go up with questions right and left.

And my primary company now is considered the premier teeth whitening company in the world.  So it's a pretty large company, and we have a lot of employees.  For for instance, I was in my lab yesterday doing training of my lab techs.  And again, when I don't go into every little detail, some of them just don't get it.

But the problem is that some in the audience or some reading -- and even some patients when sitting there speaking directly with them -- will probably feel like I'm talking down to them.  After all these years, it's just become routine for me to dig down and remember that some don't grasp what's said all that easily.

Oh -- another thing.  Several times I've been having a cigar with other cigar smokers, and they see me use the PerfecDraw and ask what that thing is.  Some will say their draw is tight, and ask to use it.  I've found that sometimes if I don't explain well enough, they don't use it correctly.  In one case, there was this old guy (about my age ;) ) who grabbed the PerfecDraw, wrapped his hand around the cigar, and SHOVED in the PerfecDraw before I had a chance to try to explain things to him.  He shoved the PerfecDraw right through the side of the cigar -- AND INTO HIS HAND!  YIKES!

Anyway, my point is that it's not at all my intention to talk down to anyone.  I just want to make sure that anyone watching fully understands and benefits from the info.

I do apologize if you felt talked down to, but I hope you understand my intentions.

Thanks.

Rod

My post was way more tongue-in-cheek than you seem to credit.  But since you took it serious, I will tell you as an earnest and good-faith response something I've seen proven true over and over again in the world of business -- the owner should NEVER feature in their own commercials.  For a ton of good reasons.  (Including they take it way too personally.  ;))  

I've told clients that numerous times.  Still waiting for one to listen, though.  HA!  

Anyway man, hope you can see my post said the only thing people really care about -- the product is worth every penny.  Cheers!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

40 minutes ago, RickHendeson said:

My post was way more tongue-in-cheek than you seem to credit.  But since you took it serious, I will tell you as an earnest and good-faith response something I've seen proven true over and over again in the world of business -- the owner should NEVER feature in their own commercials.  For a ton of good reasons.  (Including they take it way too personally.  ;))  

I've told clients that numerous times.  Still waiting for one to listen, though.  HA!  

Anyway man, hope you can see my post said the only thing people really care about -- the product is worth every penny.  Cheers!

Absolutely!    Thanks Rick.

• 5 weeks later...

i've had mine a month now and use it on maybe 50% of my smokes - it's amazing!

i've found drawpokers useless, and superthin drill bits produced mixed results + they left a metallic taste

but i wish i'd seen this post earlier... about a week before i got my perfecdraw i gave a homeless friend 30-40 plugged and semi-plugged BRC's, PSD4's, RyJ Short Churchills

he in turn passed them out to all his homeless friends on the boardwalk - apparently one sunday morning every homeless guy in venice had one going

Guest Nekhyludov
20 minutes ago, rascalmonkey said:

i gave a homeless friend 30-40 plugged and semi-plugged BRC's, PSD4's, RyJ Short Churchills

For some reason, I find it hilarious that you give shitty cigars to homeless people. 

I can't decide if that's ... nice? Cruel? 

I'm confused, but highly entertained. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Nekhyludov said:

For some reason, I find it hilarious that you give shitty cigars to homeless people. 

I can't decide if that's ... nice? Cruel? 

I'm confused, but highly entertained. :lol:

Beggers can't be choosers. Hehe. 

• Like 1

Hi Rod - I've used my Perfecdraw on EVERY cigar I've smoked since I got it about 2 weeks ago.

What one thinks is a "good draw" will be pleasantly surprised that they can now turn that into a perfec(t) draw.  Your comments that you'll be using it always...are spot on.

Great tool - I never leave home without it.

Also did a full review on your website on 8/15.

1 hour ago, BarryNY said:

Hi Rod - I've used my Perfecdraw on EVERY cigar I've smoked since I got it about 2 weeks ago.

What one thinks is a "good draw" will be pleasantly surprised that they can now turn that into a perfec(t) draw.  Your comments that you'll be using it always...are spot on.

Great tool - I never leave home without it.

Also did a full review on your website on 8/15.

Thanks Barry.  Love the comments.  Yep, for me, it's rare that I don't use it, even often just a tiny bit, to get the exact draw that I want..... but of course, you could say I might be just a little bit prejudice... :rolleyes:

Rod

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump a thread for a wonderful product up...I know it's a little late for Xmas but it's never too late to grab one of these. A recent run of tight draws reminded me once again how great this little guy is.

FYI, coupon code Katman still works for the 15% off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Thought I'd bump a thread for a wonderful product up...I know it's a little late for Xmas but it's never too late to grab one of these. A recent run of tight draws reminded me once again how great this little guy is.

FYI, coupon code Katman still works for the 15% off. 

Thanks for the bump and coupon code

• Like 1

Excellent product and excellent customer service. I ordered one and only received the empty box (no tool inside the box). I emailed their customer service and Rod (President) personally took care of the replacement ASAP. I had a good email exchange with him over the course of about a week and we discussed the ups and downs of CCs. Great product and great follow up. 

And their cigar repair glue is worth the coin also. Cost me $10 shipped for a small bottle, but it’s repaired several cigars that would have otherwise been goners. I will reorder. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For $40 I was skeptical but took the plunge. 

BEST CIGAR INVENTION SINCE THE CUTTER!

This thing is unreal, use as directed in the YouTube videos and it works every time.

Used on three cigars today, PERFECT DRAW every time.

A work of art!

Cannot imagine any serious cigar aficionado without this tool!

• Like 2

For $40 I was skeptical but took the plunge. 
BEST CIGAR INVENTION SINCE THE CUTTER!
This thing is unreal, use as directed in the YouTube videos and it works every time.
Used on three cigars today, PERFECT DRAW every time.
A work of art!
Cannot imagine any serious cigar aficionado without this tool!
It can be defeated, but it does pay for itself in no time. If the cigar is plugged from head to foot, it usually doesn't help much. Also, on long and skinnies, if the plug is in the middle, it's a challenge to get it that far in without coming out the side of the wrapper. All in all, great tool that saves 90% of the cigars that have trouble. I love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just ordered.  Discount code still works.

Thanks to Cigar Fan 29 and all posters for the feedback.  This is a no-brainer,  esp since this tool has been vetted by so many FOH cigar experts.  

well, after fighting through a VR Clasicos last night, I ordered the PerfecDraw.

Looks like a well engineered tool.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Hammer Smokin'
spelling the name of the product correctly

So I've had one for about 6 months, and my thoughts are:

It's the best draw tool I've ever used. Very high quality. Look, it won't completely salvage a bad plug in the sense that it renders tight draws or bad rolls a non-issue. I kind of had that in my mind when I bought it, which in retrospect, is unrealistic. It has made every cigar I've tried it on smokeable, which is certainly worth the $40. I recommend it, especially for smokers of Habanos where tight draws happen more often. I tend to skimp on accessories, but this is one I'd always like to have around.

16 hours ago, prodigy said:

It can be defeated, but it does pay for itself in no time. If the cigar is plugged from head to foot, it usually doesn't help much. Also, on long and skinnies, if the plug is in the middle, it's a challenge to get it that far in without coming out the side of the wrapper. All in all, great tool that saves 90% of the cigars that have trouble. I love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I concur with this. I have used it on PL Montecarlos, but it's a real challenge, and I lost at least one by poking through the side. But if you are careful, it can be done. On cigars thicker than 40 rg, it's been fairly idiot-proof (speaking as an idiot).