PerfecDraw

5 hours ago, Smokin911 said:

Just ordered.  Discount code still works.

Thanks to Cigar Fan 29 and all posters for the feedback.  This is a no-brainer,  esp since this tool has been vetted by so many FOH cigar experts.  

You're welcome bud!  You guys crack me up. I  just love reading the comments about my little invention.  I'm sittin' here in Hawaii on vacation (still pretty shook up from yesterday when we were told a nuke was heading toward us from North Korea!) watching the ocean, workin' on my laptop and smiling seeing the love here!

Aloha to  everyone!

Rod

• Like 2

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

You're welcome bud!  You guys crack me up. I  just love reading the comments about my little invention.  I'm sittin' here in Hawaii on vacation (still pretty shook up from yesterday when we were told a nuke was heading toward us from North Korea!) watching the ocean, workin' on my laptop and smiling seeing the love here!
Aloha to  everyone!
Rod
At least you knew that during your final minutes on Earth your cigar had a perfect draw.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

I went looking for mine today and can't find it. I just moved, so I still have lots of places to look. I just hope my wife didn't think it was a pen and stash it somewhere really hard to find haha. I ended up not needing it, but would have helped in the process. I sure hope it turns up soon, I have more tight/plugged cigars than anyone I've met.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, prodigy said:

I went looking for mine today and can't find it. I just moved, so I still have lots of places to look. I just hope my wife didn't think it was a pen and stash it somewhere really hard to find haha. I ended up not needing it, but would have helped in the process. I sure hope it turns up soon, I have more tight/plugged cigars than anyone I've met.

I keep mine in the box, because I know if it was left by itself, it would disappear into the ether of pens and screwdrivers and such. :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, prodigy said:

I keep mine in with my cutters and lighters.  Actually, I have a great carbon fiber 3-finger cigar sleeve that I use as my tool kit.  I have a thin single-flame Dupont lighter that kicks butt.  A Xikar punch.  Great Perfect Cutter (the one with the small hole in it for torpedos) from Cuban Crafters.  One of those thin folding cigar stands (in case I don't have access to a good cigar ashtray), and of course my PerfecDraw and little bottle of PerfecRepair.  It all fits into  that cigar sleeve perfectly.

Rod

I keep mine in with my cutters and lighters.  Actually, I have a great carbon fiber 3-finger cigar sleeve that I use as my tool kit.  I have a thin single-flame Dupont lighter that kicks butt.  A Xikar punch.  Great Perfect Cutter (the one with the small hole in it for torpedos) from Cuban Crafters.  One of those thin folding cigar stands (in case I don't have access to a good cigar ashtray), and of course my PerfecDraw and little bottle of PerfecRepair.  It all fits into  that cigar sleeve perfectly.
Rod
I normally keep everything on top of my cabinet humidor, but during the moving process I must have placed my perfecdraw in a different place than all my other cigar cutters. I really should put together a lot so that there is no chance of losing it. I'm not looking forward to trying to find it. I have a lot of boxes to go through now...

The tool is great.  The glue...the glue isn't performing for me. It's works perfect for glueing a wrapper that is unraveling but for a cracked wrapper the glue just doesn't set.  It sort of just drips into the crevice and doesn't form a plug.  

Happily accepting suggestions for what I am doing wrong!

1 hour ago, Westside Threat said:

The tool is great.  The glue...the glue isn't performing for me. It's works perfect for glueing a wrapper that is unraveling but for a cracked wrapper the glue just doesn't set.  It sort of just drips into the crevice and doesn't form a plug.  

Happily accepting suggestions for what I am doing wrong!

It depends on how wide the crack is.  Lots ‘n lots of info below regarding this.

If it’s a very narrow crack or hole – or an edge of a wrapper that’s lifted just slightly, all you have to do is follow these instructions below.  But first, just so everyone knows what I’m talking about – I’m talking about when you fire up your stick, and the resistance is good, but you’re just not getting the smoke you think you should.  You look carefully, and you find a very narrow crack, small hole, or even the edge of a wrapper that’s lifted a little.  You could be sucking in a little air through that hole/crack, and that’s just enough to reduce the amount of smoke.

You have to shake the bottle like there’s no tomorrow.  I’ve placed 4 medical grade stainless steel balls inside the bottle to facilitate mixing.  But the cellulose fibers settle to the bottom, and you’ve got to be aggressive in your shaking to get them all into suspension again.

So you DAB (do NOT paint) the glue right on top of the narrow crack, hole or lifted wrapper edge.  The cellulose fibers average 60 microns in length and only 1-2 microns in diameter.  So when they settle, they crisscross, forming a “net”.  So you then draw very gently on your cigar at first.  That will suck down the net and seal the air leak.

However, if the crack or hole is a little larger/wider, you have three possible ways to use the PerfecRepair.  But to understand this, let me give you some background.  And understand that I am a researcher in the health field for 42 years, so I’m always looking at the biologic and health aspects when I’m creating anything.

Cellulose fibers are the structural component of any plant, including tobacco plants.  Tobacco leaves naturally have a high content of cellulose.  So when we’re smoking cigars, we’re already smoking a lot of cellulose.  And the cellulose fibers I use are sourced as food grade from the USA.  But now open your minds a little while I explain something else…

Paper is made of cellulose, including paper towels, toilet paper and facial tissue.  Anything that food touches or you use on your body is regulated closely by the FDA to make sure there are no toxic products.  For example, food often touches paper towels.  And of course you touch your body with the others.

So here are your choices when you are dealing with a significant size crack or hole:

1 -  Dab PerfecRepair (PR) on top of the crack and gently draw on your cigar.  You’ll notice that the dab of PR flattens out.  Then another little dab, and again gently draw on the cigar.  What that does is thicken the “net” of crisscrossed cellulose fibers.   But if the crack/hole is still larger, then you can select one of the next two options.

2 – Dab over the crack/hole and let the cigar dry, and smoke it a couple hours or a day later.  Or if you just MUST smoke that sucker NOW, give this a try:

3 – Grab a piece of paper towel, facial tissue or toilet tissue.  Tear a piece of the paper so that it’s just maybe an 1/8th or even 1/16th inch wider and longer than the hole/crack.   Paint PR over the crack/hole, and place the paper over the hole/crack and pat the paper down onto the PR you painted over the crack/hole.  And if you want, you can then “paint” a very thin additional layer of PR over the paper.

Works like a charm.   I don’t normally even mention this because many have a knee-jerk reaction because they  don’t realize they’re already smoking cellulose, how very little of the “paper”  is used, how it  doesn’t affect the smokability or taste whatsoever, and it’s entirely safe.

In fact, just for the fun it, months ago I was playing around with the idea and intentionally butchered up a cigar with a utility knife.  I fixed it and it smoked perfectly.  If anyone is actually interested, I’ll show you the photos.  It’s pretty funny actually.

But really, unless you’re in a hurry or in a bind where you need to smoke that cigar NOW, you’re best off repairing it and letting it dry for at least a couple hours.

Rod

• Like 3

Not yet sure if the glue will work on these damaged sticks or if advanced cigar surgery is needed, but I’m giving it a shot while they’re acclimating from their (evidently very) rough trip.  

The PerfecRepair glue has worked on all types of smaller wrapper issues and I want to see if it will work on these. The vendor offered a very agreeable credit on these and all is well. If I can save them, I’ll come out ahead.

Alternatively, these Mag 50s might be cut down to size if the glue (and possible wrapper overlap) don’t work.   

99B80C43-5A5C-447B-BEFB-4FB5CCE39366.jpeg

On 1/14/2018 at 2:02 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

good to know.

my favourite range for ring gauges is 42 - 48. I figured if it was developed by someone in the dental industry, it should be precision crafted.

Welcome to FOH Hammer - You must be a Cigar Fan too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone that was on the fence, they’re having a great sale on their website, down to $25 from $40.  I went to buy another, since I lost my last one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I ordered one yesterday, for those just in case situations. Looking forward to it with all the positive feedback from y'all!

Was it on sale yesterday as well?

I just ordered mine as well as the glue. Quick question regarding the glue. I have two cigars in need of some TLC. a RYJ Wide Churchill that has a piece of the wrapper lifted but still intact that needs to be sealed and a CORO with a very tiny hole. My question is can I perform the repair now and smoke them lets say 5 years from now or should I repair them and smoke them right away.  Thanks! 

• Like 1