PerfecDraw

I just ordered mine as well as the glue. Quick question regarding the glue. I have two cigars in need of some TLC. a RYJ Wide Churchill that has a piece of the wrapper lifted but still intact that needs to be sealed and a CORO with a very tiny hole. My question is can I perform the repair now and smoke them lets say 5 years from now or should I repair them and smoke them right away.  Thanks! 
It's the same glue used when the cigars are rolled, at least close enough. You could wait as long as you wanted before smoking after repairing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

Got a box of PSP Punch Punch from our host and the first cigar I grabbed was plugged.  I made it about an inch and tossed it.  My Perfec Draw is being delivered today.   

I've owned the draw tool and glue for a couple of weeks now.  Thank goodness I didn't throw away so many cigars, over the years, that were tight or semi-plugged.  I've held on to these cigars, hoping that age, at some point, might help them draw better.   Now I have a good way to fix them.  I've gotten good with the tool (and the glue, which is fantastic as well) and repaired many cigars that had problems...and now the draws on these cigars are very acceptable (or in most cases, draw beautifully).  Thank you, Rod!  Excellent product :ok:.  PS - it might be nice to offer the choice of a lager size bottle of glue?..just a thought.

Just received my second PerfecDraw this morning - along with a complimentary bottle of Repair glue ....

Can only attest to a perfect customer service and communication with Dr Rod Kurthy, the CEO of Perfec Draw after I received a rare "Limited Edition" tool that was defective.

Very happy to have it and hope I will not use it too frequently ... :-)

5ab8ccfb73420_PD7.thumb.jpg.baecc9616c2ba32542118a057765505d.jpg
What makes it limited?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Already voted Rod, your tool saved an aged stick last night - that alone is priceless! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are technically competitors, you would NEVER know it.  They're all just one big loving family.  All the various cigar companies help and root for each other at all times.  The genuine love that I felt in that room was overwhelming.  And how all these folks, whom I've never met before, welcomed my wife and me with open arms is just amazing.
I figured that most of these folks had never even heard of the PerfecDraw yet.  But you should have heard the astounding applause when they announced the PerfecDraw as the winner of the Cigar Trophy Award for Best Accessory of 2018.  And to have Carlos Fuente, Jr. come up to me, congratulate me, and then reach out to give me a huge hug was the topper of the evening.  What an amazing man he is!
So THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!  Thanks for your support, your great comments, and for simply being a great bunch of friends!
intertabac-do-2018-1377.thumb.jpg.446222dcbc93e307bfca586618b81643.jpg
1871693962_CSF_1341cropped-lessrez.thumb.jpg.20bf4653724a3bb57c2d2e98b423232f.jpg
2054262806_CigarTrophywinnersonstage-Rodlookingatgroup.thumb.jpg.317c234da724f5b90817b587c928548c.jpg
1573278197_RodCarlolsFuenteJr.4.thumb.jpg.4674ec301a7d7dd434d0ab8dfbacfe45.jpg
Reviving an old thread but I have a question. You also sell the best cigar wrapper repair solution I've used yet. Any chance of selling it in a bottle that's 20x larger than what's currently available? Thanks!

At some point in the future, we may be able to provide this in a larger container, but probably not as large as you're talking about.  

It's not as simple as whipping up a bigger bottle.  There are all sorts of regulatory issues and laws that we have to deal with and a buncha very costly hoops to jump through.  We do get some comments regarding a larger bottle, but not many.

The comments we get mostly are from customers that mention that not only does the PerfecRepair work far better than anything else on the market, but that the other common stuff on the market comes in a bottle that's much larger in diameter, so it's uncomfortable to carry it in a pocket or cigar tool kit, and they like the slim diameter of the bottle.  Also, with the formula being so effective, you don't need to use nearly as much, and testing shows it's good for approximately 80 routine repairs.  So that works out to just 11 cents per repair.

So the bottom line is that every time a company brings out some different variation, there is a LOT of time and cost involved.  So if you don't have enough demand (sales), it can be a big problem.

It's really funny how popular the PerfecRepair has gotten.  I started the company just because I'd created the two products that became the PerfecDraw and PerfecRepair only for my own use.  In addition to practicing dentistry, I've been a healthcare research scientist for 42 years.  So I'm used to thinking of things and turning them into reality.  So I did that just for my own use.  But when friends saw these things and tried them themselves, they went nutso over them.  Since I already own a large company in the dental industry, I figured "Why not?  I'll just use my current facility and employees."

I knew that the PerfecDraw would be an immediate hit and become popular, which it most certainly has.  But I didn't figure the PerfecRepair would gain nearly the popularity.  But I was wrong.  It just amazes me how many orders we get for PerfecRepair.  Just as much as for the PerfecDraw.  And with Christmas shopping having started, we're getting more orders for PerfecRepair than even the PerfecDraw.  Go figure!

I determined that the company would never be a "me too" company.  The only time we'll bring out new products is if they're truly "new", or have significant and very unique improvements over other products.  I'm in the middle of the development of the next two products, which are totally "new" (never before anything like them), and which I think will also solve a lot of common frustrations that my brothers of the leaf have.

Everybody have a GREAT holiday season.

Very best,

Rod

• Like 4

At some point in the future, we may be able to provide this in a larger container, but probably not as large as you're talking about.  
It's not as simple as whipping up a bigger bottle.  There are all sorts of regulatory issues and laws that we have to deal with and a buncha very costly hoops to jump through.  We do get some comments regarding a larger bottle, but not many.
The comments we get mostly are from customers that mention that not only does the PerfecRepair work far better than anything else on the market, but that the other common stuff on the market comes in a bottle that's much larger in diameter, so it's uncomfortable to carry it in a pocket or cigar tool kit, and they like the slim diameter of the bottle.  Also, with the formula being so effective, you don't need to use nearly as much, and testing shows it's good for approximately 80 routine repairs.  So that works out to just 11 cents per repair.
So the bottom line is that every time a company brings out some different variation, there is a LOT of time and cost involved.  So if you don't have enough demand (sales), it can be a big problem.
It's really funny how popular the PerfecRepair has gotten.  I started the company just because I'd created the two products that became the PerfecDraw and PerfecRepair only for my own use.  In addition to practicing dentistry, I've been a healthcare research scientist for 42 years.  So I'm used to thinking of things and turning them into reality.  So I did that just for my own use.  But when friends saw these things and tried them themselves, they went nutso over them.  Since I already own a large company in the dental industry, I figured "Why not?  I'll just use my current facility and employees."
I knew that the PerfecDraw would be an immediate hit and become popular, which it most certainly has.  But I didn't figure the PerfecRepair would gain nearly the popularity.  But I was wrong.  It just amazes me how many orders we get for PerfecRepair.  Just as much as for the PerfecDraw.  And with Christmas shopping having started, we're getting more orders for PerfecRepair than even the PerfecDraw.  Go figure!
I determined that the company would never be a "me too" company.  The only time we'll bring out new products is if they're truly "new", or have significant and very unique improvements over other products.  I'm in the middle of the development of the next two products, which are totally "new" (never before anything like them), and which I think will also solve a lot of common frustrations that my brothers of the leaf have.
Everybody have a GREAT holiday season.
Very best,
Rod
Thanks for the fast and succinct explanation. I agree with everything you've said. I just know that I have a large amount of damaged cigars and was hoping an option existed, or could exist.

Let me know if you need any additional "beta testers" for your new products. You have me all excited and I dont even know what for yet haha.