London Cigar Stores by Night

8 hours ago, Smoker said:

I haven't yet found a cigar-friendly venue that is open later than about 1am.  If anyone knows of a place....please let me know!! :)

Beautiful pictures and a gorgeous car too.

The cigar terrace at The Wellesley hotel is open until 2am except on Sundays.

• Like 4

Loved it! Brought me back to my post-whisky club late night wanderings in Central London.

Also - another shout-out to the Wellesley. I love that lounge, great ambiance and service - and especially for the super rare cigars in the walk-in that I'll never reach. £800 for a single LFDC Diadema? Well, i better get two then! LOL 

• Like 1

:thinking:  How come in my looking at this article I keep thinking about that song from the '90's (?) "Do You Want A Ride in my Mercedes, Boy?"!

Thanks guys!

I must check out the Wellesley, I haven't been there!  For anyone who doesn't know London, all these places are just a few minutes away from each other.  Bourdon House (pronounced 'burden') is slightly away from the others, on the other side of Berkley Square.  But even that was a 90-second drive at 3am hahaha.

Anyone been to #1 St James's Street?

Oh, the pics were taken with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Alpha.  It's true that I had difficulty in the dark, although it's probably possible to play around with the settings and get better results - must look into that at some point.

Brilliant cigar crawl!  

My favourite was always Boisdales Belgravia, over in Eccleston Street -- good and proper grub, a hugely impressive stock of whisky (and whiskey), and a very comfortable cigar terrace.  They close at 1 a.m. though.....

8 hours ago, gweilgi said:

Brilliant cigar crawl!  

My favourite was always Boisdales Belgravia, over in Eccleston Street -- good and proper grub, a hugely impressive stock of whisky (and whiskey), and a very comfortable cigar terrace.  They close at 1 a.m. though.....

Actually I've never liked the Boisdale at Belgravia.  I found the terrace sooo tiny, almost as small as their humidor. :) Also I had a bad experience with a food order there once.  My favourite place to go for a cigar is Boisdale at Canary Wharf.  Spacious terrace and bigger humidor with indoor smoking lounge too.  Actually, I haven't been there for a while, as a new job has kept me away from the area....must go back there soon!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Smoker said:

Actually I've never liked the Boisdale at Belgravia.  I found the terrace sooo tiny, almost as small as their humidor. :) Also I had a bad experience with a food order there once.  My favourite place to go for a cigar is Boisdale at Canary Wharf.  Spacious terrace and bigger humidor with indoor smoking lounge too.  Actually, I haven't been there for a while, as a new job has kept me away from the area....must go back there soon!

It probably helped that I lived within staggering distance of Eccleston Street, and that I have a perverse liking for haggis...

:D

Perhaps you should make plans to revisit Canary Wharf -- this month's music is pretty good, with Errol Linton, Jools Holland and a Buena Vista Social Club tribute....

Dunhill at 1 st stames street is a nice place. A small area for about 6 people to sample cigars inside. Nice friendly staff. Always pop in to say hello when i'm in the area.

For late night. My top tip is The Corinthian, with a slight disclaimer. The smoking area is open 24/7 however drinks service closes at 12:00. So order a heap of drinks before they stop service and you can settle in for the long haul. Been there many a times. The stone floors make it a cold affair however so take a jacket :)

6 hours ago, smokeyjoe01 said:

Nice ride. Is it a year since we smoked fine puros at least 2 of those joints?! Great photos.

Yeah, that was 1st March 2016 I believe.  Must be time for a meet!  A London meet was in the works here, but has gone a little quiet.