Wow split city....

39 minutes ago, lafabrica said:

that is quite the split - happened after you took the 2 bands off?

epi #1 do have delicate wrappers...

Ya but they just slid right off. I think its the temp/RH outside, as the one the brother was smoking(MC), also ended up with a slight split toward the end. In the garage they don't do this .

3 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Never had one split this bad.... EPI#1......seems like a very thin wrapper, not sure if all these are thin, its the only one I had.

20170402_144022.jpg

:o  Whoa! SACRILEGE!!!

• Like 1

It's likely a humidity issue.  I've had it happen several times.  Had it happen on thick NC wrappers.  Maybe we can get @PigFish or @Fugu to stop by here to explain in scientific terms what happens when a cigar blows up.  It's only happened to me when it was hot and humid outside it would seem.  

• Like 2

Crikey and blimey!

Have had something like that happen to me a few times, but this one is a doozy!  Usually it becomes such a bother that I either ditch the cigar or remove the wrapper entirely .....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gweilgi said:

Crikey and blimey!

Have had something like that happen to me a few times, but this one is a doozy!  Usually it becomes such a bother that I either ditch the cigar or remove the wrapper entirely .....

I did finish it, while ugly as hell, still did smoke decent :)

• Like 1

Happens now and then end to end. These are handmade things. Even yuckier, a blob of black oil on a finger.

Weather, various leaf composure, age and structure. Do your best to enjoy whatever happens. lads.

Cheers,

CB

• Like 2