Friends of Habanos, on any forum

3 minutes ago, cybermadhatter said:

Come back to New York City again, and I will give you a monsdale, or an Alex, Reynaldo, Yolanda, or Maria custom roll. 

You got it! And some corned beef too no doubt. Congrats!!

8 hours ago, cybermadhatter said:

Thanks.  

We will have to find a new deli, as Carnegie has regretfully closed since your last visit 

As long as Carnegie Club is there brother!

11 hours ago, cybermadhatter said:

We will have to find a new deli, as Carnegie has regretfully closed since your last visit 

As sacrilegious as this will sound, as a NYer, I've always found the beef at Montreal's Schwartz's to be no match to Carnegie, 2nd Ave Deli, Katz's.

I have been an FOH member for a couple of years now and have always been so intrigued with custom roll cigars. Unfortunately, I have never had one from any of the rollers you mentioned and I'd love to try one. I live in Minneapolis, MN and don't travel much but it seems like I'm going to have to go to Cuba to find these rollers or what do you suggest?

Perhaps I need to start trading my cigars and get to know some of the folks in the trading room. I pray for some guidance and support from my fellow BOTL.

Can either of you two, or anyone of the FOH suggest how to get started on the road to custom Cuban cigars?

10 hours ago, watches_whiskies_cigars said:

As sacrilegious as this will sound, as a NYer, I've always found the beef at Montreal's Schwartz's to be no match to Carnegie, 2nd Ave Deli, Katz's.

I have been to Schwartz's in Montreal, and I thought it was pretty good.  Carnegie was my favorite.  Then 2nd avenue.

Katz's was/is my least favorite.