Plastic vs glass container

My humidor are full. I have been paying close attention to members advice on storing my cigars. I want to know what you think about glass container vs plastic Tupperware for storage. Thank you. 

IMPO it doesn't make a difference, as long as the seal is air tight and you can maintain steady RH then the container doesn't really matter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

IMPO it doesn't make a difference, as long as the seal is air tight and you can maintain steady RH then the container doesn't really matter. 

2nd this 

I use plastic tupperware with bovedas. You should open them once a week/2 weeks just to "burp" them, circulate the air inside. Very low maintenance, and the bovedas last a long time. 

Like they said above its all about the seal. 

On the other hand I would vote on glass just because im against those lots of plastic on this planet. But that is a totally different question.

One thing to look for in a plastic container used for aging is the "BPE Free" statement on the label.  I would not age smokes in anything that can (or better "may") leech chemicals into the sticks. 

Thank you for the great advice. I think I am leaning toward the glass type Tupperware with locked lid. May pay a bit more but in the long run I think it is well worth it. I have learned so much on FOH. It is incredible to me how friendly and informative the FOH community is.

Im so sick of my cheap desktop 50 count humidor. It seems the seal must have stopped working.
Im now migrating what was in there to plastic sealed containers and keeping them with a couple boveda packs in a small wine cooler (which also has a bad seal lol) omg its so frustrating i never knew how much pain it would be to store large amount of cigars. Coleman cooler is also full with boxes.
I just want to have a small amount of perfectly humidified smokes always ready for smoking. Quite the hassle!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk