Another year, another season friends! How is your team doing this year? Here's some of my questions thus far...

• Can the Yankees replicate their Spring Training form and win the AL East?
  • Can the Houston Astros or Seattle Mariners breakthrough this year?
  • Can the Cubs repeat their fine form from 2016 (and what a World Series it was!)
  • Why has Atlanta bought two 40+ aged pitchers this year (R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon)? I mean, I love these guys, but two on your team?
  • Will the New York Mets actually hit this year? It's frustrating watching them hit, on the flip side, I enjoy their pitching and I don't mind Lugo and Gsellman, but I don't know what to make of Zack Wheeler's return from injury, yet! 
  • How is your team going to go?
  • Like 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoping the Tribe gets it done this season. We were so close last year.

The Yankees will be lucky to be in 4th place in the AL East The Houston Astro's will win the AL west.  The Mariners might compete for a wild card spot, I see them finishing closer to .500 thoug

Hardly any love for my Tribe..that's typical.. They have the team to win a WS.. We shall see...Go Tribe. 

Dbacks are 5-1! Scoring 45 runs in their first six games, a franchise record and leads the majors by +14 runs to the next closest team. It's a great start but a very long season ahead. NL West Is going to be tough this season if the Rockies keep winning and the Giants and Dodgers play as expected. 

• Like 1

Huge SF Giants fan here. They're off to an abysmal start, but the season's long. Have mixed feelings on their chances.

Frankly, 2016 was one of the finest baseball seasons I can remember. Packed full of great games, amazing performances, and that World Series was maybe the best ever. Hopefully, 2017 will be another great year.

I hope Wheeler is able to come back and be healthy and effective, even though he hasn't been in the Giants org since 2011. I was shocked to see how much time he's missed.

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

I mostly don't care who wins and who loses (although I'm not allowed to say that out loud in New England), but I'm very happy for the simple pleasure of having the ballgame on in the background while I work. I miss that so much during the winter!

2 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

I mostly don't care who wins and who loses (although I'm not allowed to say that out loud in New England), but I'm very happy for the simple pleasure of having the ballgame on in the background while I work. I miss that so much during the winter!

X2

also a huge fan of the rules of MLB

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

36 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

X2

also a huge fan of the rules of MLB

Obviously, I do care about the results, but I will third the notion that baseball just being on is a big pleasure. One of the great things about baseball is that you can choose how intensely you want to follow it. And sometimes, I just want to listen to a game while I'm doing something else. It's why I always try to tune in to the local broadcasts while driving on roadtrips. I have so many great memories of fun times with family and friends, where baseball on the radio was in the background.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnS said:

Another year, another season friends! How is your team doing this year? Here's some of my questions thus far...

• Can the Yankees replicate their Spring Training form and win the AL East?.
  • Why has Atlanta bought two 40+ aged pitchers this year (R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon)? I mean, I love these guys, but two on your team?

No they can't. But in 2-3 years, watch out (if they young guys stay healthy). 

The Astros are good. They have the chance to be around for awhile. Keuchel needs to bounce back. Mariners could make some noise but I don't think they're in the first tier yet. Besides they overpaid Cano and took him from the Yanks, so I want to see them crumble. 

And Atlanta? I guess they need to field a team. They are bad and I suppose those two are cheap (?) options at $20mm combined. I'm curious to how Swanson develops, otherwise Freeman is a lonely guy in that lineup. 

On 4/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, JohnS said:

• Can the Yankees replicate their Spring Training form and win the AL East?
  • Can the Cubs repeat their fine form from 2016 (and what a World Series it was!)
  • Will the New York Mets actually hit this year? It's frustrating watching them hit, on the flip side, I enjoy their pitching and I don't mind Lugo and Gsellman, but I don't know what to make of Zack Wheeler's return from injury, yet! 
  • How is your team going to go?
  • The Yankees will be lucky to be in 4th place in the AL East
  • The Houston Astro's will win the AL west.  The Mariners might compete for a wild card spot, I see them finishing closer to .500 though.
  • The Cubs (BOOO) will win the NL central but will be knocked out in the first round of playoffs :)
  • The Braves are going to surprise some folks this year, they will be 3rd place in the NL East and could compete for a wild card spot (probably not though).
  • The Mets will be injured.
  • The Cardinals will falter in April but get hot in May and ride that summer wave through the playoffs and win the World Series!  
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cardinalfan85 said:

Haha...yeah, I was thinking how David Wright, Steven Matz, Juan Lagares and Seth Lugo are currently out. The continual injuries of the past few years makes me feel sorry for players like Kelly Johnson who fill in, and then are dumped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PatrickEwing said:

Also...will the Wilpons spend any money to get the Mets some bats?? Teams wait a hundred years to have the rotation they have now. It would be a damn shame if they waste all this talent. 

Absolutely 100% spot on. They say 'good pitching beats good hitting' and this is true,  but yes, you still need hitting to win ballgames.

13 minutes ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

Hardly any love for my Tribe..that's typical..

They have the team to win a WS..

We shall see...Go Tribe. 

Same thing with the Cavs. It's a long season but I like our chances. 

1 hour ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

Hardly any love for my Tribe..that's typical..

They have the team to win a WS..

We shall see...Go Tribe. 

It would be great for Baseball for the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series this year. Was the last time 1948, from memory? And 1997 and 2016 were so close!

Yea 1948...I'm still pissed about 97..

And don't get me started about last year..words can't describe..

I had cable installed in my garage so this year IF they go back to WS I can watch it out there and not wake my kids up with my cursing and pacing around. 

Go Tribe...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cardinalfan85 said:
  • The Yankees will be lucky to be in 4th place in the AL East
  • The Houston Astro's will win the AL west.  The Mariners might compete for a wild card spot, I see them finishing closer to .500 though.
  • The Cubs (BOOO) will win the NL central but will be knocked out in the first round of playoffs :)
  • The Braves are going to surprise some folks this year, they will be 3rd place in the NL East and could compete for a wild card spot (probably not though).
  • The Cardinals will falter in April but get hot in May and ride that summer wave through the playoffs and win the World Series!  

I'll eat my hat if the Braves finish at .500 this year. Perhaps a cigar wager??

10 hours ago, PatrickEwing said:

I'll eat my hat if the Braves finish at .500 this year. Perhaps a cigar wager??

Guess I don't feel that confident.  :blush:  I do think they take a sizable step forward this year though and .500 isn't out of the realm of possibility if everything goes their way (the chances are slim though).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texwrangler said:

I used to go watch the Astros when they played in the Astrodome....ahhhh, such memories.   reminds me of just how old I am, LOL

And when they were in the National League! :lol:

• Like 1