• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoping the Tribe gets it done this season. We were so close last year.

The Yankees will be lucky to be in 4th place in the AL East The Houston Astro's will win the AL west.  The Mariners might compete for a wild card spot, I see them finishing closer to .500 thoug

Hardly any love for my Tribe..that's typical.. They have the team to win a WS.. We shall see...Go Tribe. 

4 hours ago, btubes18 said:

Huge Nationals fan but a Miami marlins fan when they are in town. Have a good buddy on the team so always like rooting him on.

The Nationals are too good a team not to go deep into the Postseason this year or next. The only other current team not to make the World Series is the Seattle Mariners, and I don't think they'll get there this year!

3 hours ago, Egluck1031 said:

Giants fan here...they need a LFer and maybe a 3rd baseman.  Lets hope this happens soon.  Sad to see what happened to Parker 

Breaking your collarbone is an unusual Baseball injury, especially with the padding provided to exterior field walls these days. I hope Parker comes back stronger than ever.

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

The Nationals are too good a team not to go deep into the Postseason this year or next. The only other current team not to make the World Series is the Seattle Mariners, and I don't think they'll get there this year!

Breaking your collarbone is an unusual Baseball injury, especially with the padding provided to exterior field walls these days. I hope Parker comes back stronger than ever.

You and me both. It was the angle and the way he ran into the wall

• Like 1

Incredible flight of rare Blue Jay last night!

IMG_3481.thumb.JPG.2720e91c9646588ae8d1c1268c06afea.JPG

Was watching the game on TV last night. Great win and an epic slide. edit- dive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 28/04/2017 at 2:32 AM, SignalJoe said:

Did anyone see the Cardinals Piscotty get hit with the ball 3 times in the same at bat/trip around the bags? 

I am now convinced that the term 'ball-magnet' is no longer a figure of speech, it's real!

• 5 months later...

How did your team's season go this year? Who is favoured to take the World Series this year? Can the Cleveland Indians avenge last season's close loss to the Cubs? Can the Cubs repeat their success after last year. Will the Los Angeles Dodgers actually feature in this year's World Series? Will the Washington Nationals star in their first World Series or will the Houston Astros win their first series? So many questions!!! It looks like the New York Yankees will be in the Divisional Series, accounting for the Minnesota Twins in the Wild Card game.

Afraid my Cubbies don't have the starting pitching to win it all this year.  But they finished the season strong, and the playoffs can be a bit of a crap shoot.  So you never know.  If not the Cubs, I'm definitely pulling for Cleveland.  Aside from having family in the area who are fans, I think it would be the best possible story for baseball.  Also wouldn't mind seeing Houston or the winner of tonight's NL wildcard game win it all.  I really dislike the other 4 teams (Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Nats).

• Like 1

I have been a Cubs fan since I exited the womb in '86.  Last year was awesome for us but this year is going to be more of a challenge.  Arrieta and Lester are not throwing the ball that great going into the playoffs, but Quintana and Hendricks had really good finishes to the season.  Lackey in the bullpen will help as well as Montgomery and Carl Edwards Jr.  Wade Davis blew a save against Milwaukee and that made me a little nervous as well.  On the offense side we need Bryant and Rizzo to keep us going along with Mr. Playoff Zobrist.  If the offense can light it up like last year then I think we have a good shot at being the black dog through the playoffs.  Can't wait until Friday to see Game 1 against the Nats.

Well, that season didn't go as planned for the Giants. Atrocious. And while it's a bit shocking just how bad they were, there were plenty of warning signs the team just failed to heed. And for the cherry on top, Pablo Sandoval hit a walk off homer on Sunday to keep the Giants from getting the #1 pick in the draft. Because, of course. And yes, I know the Giants probably aren't that close to the #1 pick without the Giants signing Sandoval and his sub replacement level performance in the 2nd half.

The Giants, in many ways, are a team stuck in the past. Granted, it's a recent and successful past, but it's not any more relevant to today than the 1954 team was. I mean, this team was counting on Mike Morse to be a regular contributor.In 2017. It sounds like they may have gotten the message and the kick in the ass they needed. Let's hope so.

This should be a great postseason. I am rooting for Dusty and the Nats. Cleveland would be fine as well, even if they did blow a 3-1 lead.

10 minutes ago, Danimalia said:

Well, that season didn't go as planned for the Giants. Atrocious. And while it's a bit shocking just how bad they were, there were plenty of warning signs the team just failed to heed. And for the cherry on top, Pablo Sandoval hit a walk off homer on Sunday to keep the Giants from getting the #1 pick in the draft. Because, of course. And yes, I know the Giants probably aren't that close to the #1 pick without the Giants signing Sandoval and his sub replacement level performance in the 2nd half.

The Giants, in many ways, are a team stuck in the past. Granted, it's a recent and successful past, but it's not any more relevant to today than the 1954 team was. I mean, this team was counting on Mike Morse to be a regular contributor.In 2017. It sounds like they may have gotten the message and the kick in the ass they needed. Let's hope so.

This should be a great postseason. I am rooting for Dusty and the Nats. Cleveland would be fine as well, even if they did blow a 3-1 lead.

Gear up for next year....it is an even year and that usually spells great things for the Giants.  Get rid of Pablo,.....he needs to retire. 

• Like 1

So, approaching halfway through the Divisional Series...

• Astros 2-0 over the Red Sox
  • Indians 2-0 over the Yankees
  • Dodgers 2-0 over the Diamonbacks
  • The Nationals came back spectacularly today to tie their series with the Cubs 1-1. Ryan Zimmerman's 3-run homer was proof of the saying that "baseball is a game of inches!"

Who will sweep their series? Who will comeback?

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

So, approaching halfway through the Divisional Series...

• Astros 2-0 over the Red Sox
  • Indians 2-0 over the Yankees
  • Dodgers 2-0 over the Diamonbacks
  • The Nationals came back spectacularly today to tie their series with the Cubs 1-1. Ryan Zimmerman's 3-run homer was proof of the saying that "baseball is a game of inches!"

Who will sweep their series? Who will comeback?

Red sox are DOA.  They weren't even competitive in either game, it's simply a question of whether they win a game or not.  Cubs Nats looks like the best shot at a good series.  

Hard to see Yankees coming back after that game Friday, it was probably the craziest baseball game I've ever witnessed.  Hard to come back from the dead after that loss.  Indians have that magic again this year, and more importantly, a healthy Bauer and Carrasco.  

Very happy with my team (the Indians). I’m not sure we will sweep. But it also wouldn’t surprise me either. I’m just hoping for a great evening of baseball in October. Does it get much better?

• Like 1

Another great day of postseason Baseball today and potentially for tomorrow when all 8 teams playoff for a chance to participate in the National League Championship Series and American League Championship Series.

I really enjoyed the pitchers duel in Game 3 of the Yankees-Tribes series. Who would have guess that Andrew Miller would give up a home run to Greg Bird. My how Tribe fans would love Aroldis Chapman to give up a home run in return. In fact, I think Tribe fans would like to see the back of Aroldis Chapman, in light of last year's World Series.

Can the Diamondbacks avoid a sweep? Who will go 2-1 up between the Cubs and Nationals and can the Yankees and Red Sox force a Game 5?

Was hoping to see two sweeps yesterday.  Houston got off to a good start, but credit to Boston, and especially Mookie Betts, for fighting back and keeping their season alive.  If he doesn't make that catch, and Houston goes up 6-0, that series is over.  Still think Houston wins the series, but when you give a team like Boston new life, you're asking for trouble.  I hope they don't come to regret not finishing the series in game 3.

The nightcap was a terrific pitching performance from both sides.  Yankees desperately needed a good outing from Tanaka, and did he ever deliver.  If their starter gives them 7 scoreless innings, they're gonna be awfully tough to beat.  Carrasco was also great for Cleveland.  Don't expect to see any left-handed batters hit a ball that far off of Andrew Miller.  Still like Cleveland to win, with Bauer and Kluber set to pitch games 4-5.  If Bauer has anything close to the same stuff he had in game 1, this series is over tonight.

No idea what's gonna happen today in Chicago.  Cubbies had their foot on the Nats' throat, and let them off the hook.  Now they have to deal with Scherzer today.  Cubs have shown the ability to hit great pitchers in the postseason, getting to Kershaw and Kluber last year, but both of those were at least their second looks at them, and both guys were on short rest.  Quintana pitched pretty well for the Cubs over the last month or so of the season.  Gonna need a hell of an outing in his first playoff appearance.  Not sure he's up for it.