Guest Nekhyludov

MLB must be loving this ... the four remaining teams play in the four largest markets in the US. No matter who wins the games, the real winner will be Fox Sports.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoping the Tribe gets it done this season. We were so close last year.

The Yankees will be lucky to be in 4th place in the AL East The Houston Astro's will win the AL west.  The Mariners might compete for a wild card spot, I see them finishing closer to .500 thoug

Hardly any love for my Tribe..that's typical.. They have the team to win a WS.. We shall see...Go Tribe. 

Sorry about the rout Cub fans in Game 5 but hopefully the following points may soothe you somewhat during the Hot Stove League (i.e. the off-season).

• No team has gone back-to-back in the World Series since the Yankees in 1998-99-00, the longest gap in the history of baseball this far.
  • Los Angeles have been irresistibly in-form throughout 2017, with solid hitting, pitching and fielding.
  • The Cubs are the only team to defeat the Dodgers this postseason.

Can the Yankees win in Houston tonight or will the Astros force a Game 7?

I think Justin Verlander was in another zone tonight with his pitching. Even when he was in trouble in the 7th, with two on-base and no-one out, he found a way to get out of trouble. Houston broke their run drought and won Game 6 7-1 but can they stop C.C. Sabathia in Game 7, who has a 10-0 record in 2017 pitching in Yankees games that come after a loss.

18 hours ago, JohnS said:

Sorry about the rout Cub fans in Game 5 but hopefully the following points may soothe you somewhat during the Hot Stove League (i.e. the off-season).

• No team has gone back-to-back in the World Series since the Yankees in 1998-99-00, the longest gap in the history of baeeball this far.
  • Los Angeles have been irresistibly in-form throughout 2017, with solid hitting, pitching and fielding.
  • The Cubs are the only team to defeat the Dodgers this postseason.

Can the Yankees win in Houston tonight or will the Astros force a Game 7?

My Cubs struggled against the Diamondbacks and I knew it would be a tough series. Offense went silent, bullpen was shaky. Over 20 walks given up. I could go on. 

Off-season needs:

1) Starting pitching to replace Arrietta 

2) Middle relief and sign Wade David or find another closer 

3) Find a leadoff man

2018 is going to be a better year for free agency but need to replace some voids for next season. 

Yankees getting to put C.C. out there tonight has got to make them the favorites tonight! 
Pretty great postseason thus far! 

Have to agree. Really good games in both the AL and NL. CC is on a roll, may be big trouble for the Astros!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, CrankYanker said:

My Cubs struggled against the Nationals and I knew it would be a tough series. Offense went silent, bullpen was shaky. Over 20 walks given up. I could go on. 

Off-season needs:

1) Starting pitching to replace Arrietta 

2) Middle relief and sign Wade Davis or find another closer 

3) Find a leadoff man

2018 is going to be a better year for free agency but need to replace some voids for next season. 

I can empathise with wanting to replace Arrieta, as I don't ever want to see Harvey (not the same pitcher since return from injury) or Wheeler (too many injuries for too long) pitch for the Mets again either. I'd agree that signing Wade Davis is a priority for the Cubs. I think that Arrieta is a fine pitcher though, better than 4th starter for the postseason. Let's see how 2018 turns out for him.

I'd also have to agree that C.C. Sabathia would make the Yankees slight favourites tonight. I say 'slight' because the home team has won all the games in this year's ALCS.

Justin Verlander may have won the ALCS MVP, but wow...you've got to credit Jose Altuve's incredible feat of hitting home runs in Games 6 and 7, when it mattered.

I would favour Los Angeles to win the World Series this year, but who knows? The '88 Dodgers themselves beat the much more highly-favoured Oakland Athletics that year, and this Houston team reminds me of that '88 Dodgers team.

Guest Nekhyludov

Should be an absolutely great WS. Generational greats in Kershaw and Verlander, some of the best young stars in the game. Can't wait to see some great baseball!

Going to be an interesting series... My wife is from Orange County and is a huge Dodger fan yet we live in Houston (hopefully we can snag some tickets). I was born/raised in St. Louis so I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'll be rooting for the Doyers just to keep myself out of trouble hahaha

Game 1 and the Dodgers win 3-1. Dallas Keuchel pitched very well, but Justin Turner, who is possibly Los Angeles' most in-form player currently, made him pay for a pitch down the middle that got hit for a 2-run home run. Before that happened, I thought it was spectacular how Chris Taylor led off with a home run with the first at-bat. If you include Game 7 of last year's World Series between the Cubs and Indians, that makes two World Series games (technically speaking) that have had a lead-off home run!

Can Justin Verlander respond tomorrow with his irresistible hot-run in the postseason, or will Rich Hill record his first win in October?

Game 2 is now a must-win for Houston, right?  Obviously nobody wants to go down 2-0, and they get to come home after that where they've been unbeatable in the postseason. But if they lose both Keuchel and Verlander's starts, it's tough to feel good about their chances to win 4 of 5 from this LA team.  Better hope Hill's curveball isn't unhittable tonight, like it has been in the past.  I think Houston gets their split tonight and puts the pressure on LA to win in Houston.  

Guest Nekhyludov
53 minutes ago, wabashcr said:

Game 2 is now a must-win for Houston, right?  Obviously nobody wants to go down 2-0, and they get to come home after that where they've been unbeatable in the postseason. But if they lose both Keuchel and Verlander's starts, it's tough to feel good about their chances to win 4 of 5 from this LA team.  Better hope Hill's curveball isn't unhittable tonight, like it has been in the past.  I think Houston gets their split tonight and puts the pressure on LA to win in Houston.  

Agreed. I don't think Houston has anything to feel pessimistic about today. They took the best shot the Dodgers had and stayed competitive; now they've got Verlander going against Hill, which is a matchup I'd take any day of the week. What'll be interesting to me is whether - if they're able to split on the road - they can keep their hot bats and home winning streak going. If they can, this series may not make it back to L.A.

If Justin Verlander can pitch like he did in Game 6 of the ALCS against the Yankees, then there's every reason to believe that Houston can and will split their first two road games in this World Series.

What a game!  As @Nekhyludov said, this series might not make it back to LA, the way Houston has played at home.  I still think it's gonna be a long series, as LA is much better equipped to win in Houston than Boston or NY were.  LA also won't be facing Verlander in Houston, but will be seeing Morton and McCullers instead.  Fascinating matchups the rest of the way.  

I just finished watching a replay of the game as I was following it on MLB Gameday. It was quite amazing to see Kenley Jensen give up that home run in the 9th, especially as the Dodgers were 90-0 when leading after 8 innings during the 2017 regular season. And to witness the most home runs in a World Series game ever (eight) and comebacks, especially with two outs augurs well for an epic tussle in the remaining games. And should we expect anything less from two 100 game-winning regular season teams?

Great game tonight! I was a little worried about how well Alex Wood would pitch but he he was outstanding. The Dodgers need to start hitting better in the early innings. Watching them wait to score runs until the last few innings is stressing me out. They got Kershaw going tomorrow so here's hoping they go back to Los Angeles up 3 to 2.

15 hours ago, Charley said:

Great game tonight! I was a little worried about how well Alex Wood would pitch but he he was outstanding. The Dodgers need to start hitting better in the early innings. Watching them wait to score runs until the last few innings is stressing me out. They got Kershaw going tomorrow so here's hoping they go back to Los Angeles up 3 to 2.

It certainly was a pitcher's duel for awhile, wasn't it? I mean Wood took a no-hitter into the sixth, great stuff!

13 hours ago, planetary said:

Hope to see Kershaw take it in the chin.  Go, 'stros!  :D 

An Astros first time win? Do I detect a little sentimentality? :D

Game 4 was a pitcher's duel unlike any other postseason game because both pitchers, Morton for Houston and Wood for Los Angeles gave up on 4 hits or fewer for over six innings work. The Dodgers brokeout in the ninth of Houston closer, Ken Giles to win 6-2.