• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoping the Tribe gets it done this season. We were so close last year.

The Yankees will be lucky to be in 4th place in the AL East The Houston Astro's will win the AL west.  The Mariners might compete for a wild card spot, I see them finishing closer to .500 thoug

Hardly any love for my Tribe..that's typical.. They have the team to win a WS.. We shall see...Go Tribe. 

If you thought that Game 2 had some incredible ebbs and flows, did you catch Game 5? How many times did the lead change? (six), how many home runs were hit? (seven) And, who could have predicted the final score? (13-12) Alex Bregman hit a game-ending single off Kenley Jansen with two outs in the 10th inning as the Astros outslugged the Dodgers 13-12. The games was the second longest in World Series history at 5 hours and 17 minutes. Can Justin Verlander cap off his stellar 2017 postseason with a victory in Game 6 or will Rich Hill inspire another twist from the Dodgers as they attempt to force a Game 7.

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov

These marathon games are killing me! I've been up until 1:00 or 1:30 AM too many times in the past week. But I just can't turn the game off - every time it looks like one team or the other has it in the bag, something literally unbelievable happens.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:28 PM, Lant63 said:

I'm officially a Houston fan now, because of the sole reason that Justin Verlander is on the team now.  It pains me that he was never able to get a ring in Detroit. But, he will get it this year in Houston.  

Called it.  JV is going to pitch the best game of his life tomorrow night.  

Rich Hill didn't make it pass five innings, Justin Verlander pitched 6 innings, 93 pitches, allowed 3 hits and 2 runs and yet took the loss. The Astros had multiple baserunners in the 5th, 6th and 7th innings but couldn't capitalise on their opportunities. Houston must be having nightmares about Joc Pedersen, similarly, Los Angeles would feel the same way about George Springer. In Game 6, the Dodgers' bullpen returned to 'normal mode' to deny Houston any runs, allwing them to win Game 6 3-1. Closer Kenley Jansen pitched 2 innings for six outs, including 19 pitches and three strikeouts to end the game.

Yu Darvish takes the hill tomorrow against Lance McCullers Jr for the deciding Game 7. This will be just the 12th World Series game in November and the first Game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Who do you think will win? At the time of writing, I honestly don't know. The Dodgers haven't won since 1988, the Astros haven't won in their 56-year history. There's just so much on the line. One think I'm fairly sure of, I doubt we'll see a Jack Morris-John Smoltz pitcher's epic duel, rather I would reckon both managers will put their big gun pitchers into the game, if it is tight after 4 or 5 innings, to maintain any advantage. If it is close at the halfway point, I'd expect to see Clayton Kershaw, Justin Verlander, Kenley Jansen and Ken Giles.

Been a great series. I was hoping that Verlander could come out and shut the Dodgers down like he did before, but Houston couldn't bring runners home when it counted. For sure one thing no lead has been safe in this series.This one tonight is for all the marbles, so I don't think that any one will be a definite "not available" except the starters from last night. Anyone's guess as to the winner, but It's hard to beat the Dodgers at home. Whomever wins can look back and say they played in a memorable series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest Nekhyludov

'STROS!   :party:

Hope all our friends down in Houston enjoy the opportunity to light up something special in celebration. 

What an incredible World Series! Congratulations to the Astros for winning it all! The city really could use a win. As for the Dodgers, well.. much respect to all the Dodgers fans for mainly sticking around to the end of the game. It looks like it's time to expand the payroll.

Detroit Tigers fan here, and one only needs look to the Houston Astro's Justin Verlander to know how the Tigers are doing.  They (the Tigers) have spent the last few years getting rid of some of the best pitchers in baseball...Max Sherzer, Rick Porcello, David Price, and the aforementioned Justin Verlander.  Currently, all of Detroit's professional sports teams suck...not a good time for the fans, and probably won't be for some time by the looks of it.  Woe is me!

• Sad 1

What an awesome series. I love that we have had back to back years with great World Series games and two game 7s back to back.  2018 the Cubs get back to the World Series if they fix their holes.  

In other news Mr Upton signed a 5 year $105 million contract today 

On 4/10/2017 at 6:38 AM, JohnS said:

Another year, another season friends! How is your team doing this year? Here's some of my questions thus far...

• Can the Yankees replicate their Spring Training form and win the AL East? No, but they 2 games behind the Red Sox
  • Can the Houston Astros or Seattle Mariners breakthrough this year? Yes, and congratulations to Houston on their maiden success!
  • Can the Cubs repeat their fine form from 2016 (and what a World Series it was!) Well, I think they did, they made the NLCS three years in a row.
  • Why has Atlanta bought two 40+ aged pitchers this year (R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon)? I mean, I love these guys, but two on your team? One got designated, the other is a free agent. After Houston won the World Series on the back of drafting young players, perhaps team will now apply a mix of youth and sabermetrics, combined with older players who demonstrate mentoring skills to re-build their clubs to emulate Houston's 2017 success.
  • Will the New York Mets actually hit this year? It's frustrating watching them hit, on the flip side, I enjoy their pitching and I don't mind Lugo and Gsellman, but I don't know what to make of Zack Wheeler's return from injury, yet! No, the Mets still can't hit and they still get injured. It's so frustrating to see from a Mets' fan point-of-view.

Well, you can't say that the Los Angeles Dodgers didn't have their chances in Game 7 at home, with 10 baserunners left stranded compared to Houston's 5 but I would never have guessed that Yu Darvish would get chased for the second time in the series to take another loss (in similar fashion). Congratulations to Houston on their well-deserved success. Below is a 10-minute highlight package of Game 7. Bring on 2018!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Well, you can't say that the Los Angeles Dodgers didn't have their chances in Game 7 at home, with 10 baserunners left stranded compared to Houston's 5 but I would never have guessed that Yu Darvish would get chased for the second time in the series to take another loss (in similar fashion). Congratulations to Houston on their well-deserved success. Below is a 10-minute highlight package of Game 7. Bring on 2018!

I have to admit I am still wondering why they didn't pitch Kershaw on short rest.  They did it effectively last year in the playoffs, and after Darvish's last appearance...  

Incredible world series. Just a great postseason all around. I think 2016 wins out just because of the insanity of Game 7, but 2017 is right up there. Aside from my Giants being an abomination, it was a great season. This Astros team is a lot of fun, and they're easy to root for (again, with the exception of Gurriel).

• Like 1