Why do you smoke cigars?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because I spent 20k on them for some reason and now i have to smoke them  

They're easier than women.   I always know when I'll get one.  If I want more than one I can get more than one.  One after the other or two at a time... If a cigar isn't pleasing me I t

Aroma therapy

10 hours ago, garbandz said:

I tried to smoke a turkey once.

kept going out.

I tried to smoke a sausage once.  German regional, double figurado with pigtails at both ends.  Nice fill, with an oily sheen.  Aroma cold was spicy and peppery.

Couldn't get the thing to draw. I thought well you have to expect it once in a while from a handmade product...

(Extracted from Fancy Tales of Smoke: A CC Addict's View of the World)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cigcars said:

* Being a Kentuckian where tobacco was one king crop here, and because my uncle's pipe that he smoked Toasted Cavendish in, always left me fascinated with tobacco ever since I was in my single digit years. I first attempted pipe smoking when I became a teenager, but got absolutely nothing out of it except a fine, fine aroma and tongue bite. Irate bass talked about how he wished he'd discovered cigars earlier...OH MY GOD how I WISH  I'd know what I know NOW about cigars when I was stationed in Germany in 1978!!!  :o  :o  :o  How I would have stocked up on nowadays impossible to get regular production Habanas. However, cryin' over the spilled milk thing and all...I think I find the hobby and the ritual of lighting, smoking, savoring, and perusing over the fine, fine aroma of our beloved Leaf a very good past time. And I'm aware that that's how WE love and enjoy them. I can't help thinking with fondness about MAD Magazine's article about cigars during the "Boom" days, as they wrote, "Only a cigar lover could describe an odor similar to an arson fire at a condemned slaughterhouse as being 'both spicy and aromatic that is both earthy and lingering!"

Because SHE does. :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Because SHE does. :D

Awwww!  :wub:

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov
20 hours ago, MaxSmash said:

It's my only vice now. Since I've sobered up and quit cigarettes. It's all I have. And I couldn't be happier.

Ditto. Life is good today :)

3 hours ago, rhcolbert said:

Mosquito repellent. 

Hey, rhcolbert...I was enjoying a pretty strong Nicaraguan smoke in my living room with this annoying fly that had gotten into the house. Suddenly, when I blew a good mouthful of wonderfulness up into the air, that fly (apparently right within breathing distance) suddenly dropped straight down on his back, like a hot potato, his legs kicking and jittering in the air. And thus - he was delivered into my hand. THANK you, cigar :cigar: 

:flower:  Poor Little Fly - no mama, no daddy, no friends...No Mama to love you, no Father to love you - no Sister to                                                 love you. Fly - I know who  loves you: God loves you. Go to God:  BAM!

From a poem by Langston Hughes

• Like 3

It's my only vice now. Since I've sobered up and quit cigarettes. It's all I have. And I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Plus one here too.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1

a great way to make space for just being. Once ive lit up one of my "investments" the world will have to wait

- and, ehm, ive had not so glorious periods,when smoking cigars became a substitute for cigarettes that I was supposed to be long time over.  

I typically keep to enjoy cigars when I can be relaxed.  To me, there is nothing better than after getting something accomplished, be it yard work, house work, or office work, and kicking back and saying, I deserve this little break, while enjoying a cigar and an adult beverage.

• Like 2

Love the diffenent tastes from the different cigars.  Yes Alice there are different flavors / aromas.  Also

when sun roof in the auto is open and I'm smoking a fav. smoke early morning and driving near the beach I feel

unique and very grateful I'm alive can work and enjoy the fruits of my labor (great cigars) from our host.

There also is a degree of snobery on my part knowing I get some of the best CC's money can buy

and don't have to go to Kuba or Spain or Andorra.

Started out as a sort or mandatory thing to do while being deployed in the military. My first one no one told me I wasn't suppose to inhale it so I was felt drunk high and sick by the end. then on my second deployment I was introduced to a duty free store on the Brit side and they had cohibas and montes and with deployment money I bought my first humidor and it that was that. I enjoy the escape of cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2