Torpedo-shaped sticks

Was interested to read that the piramide/belicoso are not in favor among some members. Seems they don't like the feel of it in their mouths. This got me to wondering: how many of you keep the cigar in your mouth even when you're not inhaling? I pretty much inhale then take it out until inhaling again. 

Yeah I take the cigar out. I find the smoke goes up to my eyes and is uncomfortable if I don't. Also I just don't like the feel in the mouth (for any cigar shape not just a torpedo)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Depends on what I'm doing, but I would say I mostly hold it in my hands. I will occasionally clench it my teeth if I need my hands, like when I'm changing gears in my car or something. I tend to clench more while driving and reading.

I dig belicosos and piramides. I wouldn't have thought they were unpopular here, aside from many members just preferring slimmer vitolas. As for clenching them, it depends on how firm the head is, but I generally find them more comfortable than a parejo with similar dimensions.

I'm also not sure I've seen a general negative opinion of tapered-head cigars here...Piramides and Campanas are among the most popular vitolas--not just here but worldwide. Tapered heads don't bother me, nor do I keep cigars in my mouth while smoking. 

I tend to keep the cigar in my hand, but it depends on the ring gauge.  Smaller gauges are more comfortable for hands-free.  A really uncomfortable one to hold in the teeth is a Salomones/Perfecto/Persidente shape - being front heavy makes it really weird.

I don't really care about the shape, as I tend to cut quite deep anyway.  However, Dip 2s & Belicosos Finos are two of my favourite cigars ever!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KRunch61 said:

Was interested to read that the piramide/belicoso are not in favor among some members. Seems they don't like the feel of it in their mouths.

I'm curious, where did you read that? I have the impression that the opposite is true; Monte #2, Upmann #2, Diplo #2, BBF, SP Belicoso are forum favorites…

I like pyramids and campañas, I always make a small cut for the concentration of flavours.

• Like 2

I am not a fan of beli or torpedos, can do Belis more though. I don't like how I usually get a tight draw or tar build up (on NCs usually).

I also hold the stick.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I really dislike the large ring gauge jawbreaker cigars that are so popular today.  However, if I'm going to smoke a large gauge cigar 9 times out of 10 it's going to be a pyramid because of the tapered head.  HU#2, Monte #2, Dip #2.... love 'em!  

I had somehow not smoked a torpedo until I pulled out a Dippy 2 that was gifted to me tonight.  I must say I rather enjoyed the mouth feel of smoking a large RG with the tapered head.  I may have to move some torpedos further up my list.