Double Edmundo versus No 2

I know I am in the minority, but I have always enjoyed the double edmundo.  I think that they are more consistent than the 2.  Both when "on" are true to Montecristo, but when "off" the 2 is more, "off".

11 hours ago, Lant63 said:

I know I am in the minority, but I have always enjoyed the double edmundo.  I think that they are more consistent than the 2.  Both when "on" are true to Montecristo, but when "off" the 2 is more, "off".

Are the 10 count boxes generally the same quality and consistency as the 25 for the DE? 

I know lots of people don't rave about the Edmundos but I've been very lucky that all have been excellent. One of my favorite size and cigar. Never smoked a PE therefore I'm unable to compare them. The No 2 is another favorite of mine, though some have been exceptional while a few plain good.

Wouldn't buy either blind.  The #2 when it's on is the better cigar IMO, but even in good box their can be highs and extreme lows with this cigar.  I like it, but it's frustrating.

I love the DE blend.  Like the format.  ANd I like how in a good/great box the cigars seem to be so much more consistent across the whole box.

Can't say that I care for the DE Price though.  The #2 has my vote, but only barely.  If the DE were priced the same as the #2 it'd get my vote.  IIRC the DE is about $20-30 more than the #2.

Haven't had the Edmundo, but I went through a box and a half PEs last year.  PEs are stunning.  Much more intense monte flavors than the DE which is much more subdued in comparison.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:50 PM, boilers183 said:

Are the 10 count boxes generally the same quality and consistency as the 25 for the DE? 

Yes. Completely and totally inconstant in every way.  :P

They make more Montes then the next couple brands combined. Inconsistency is the name of the game here, buying either blind is not advised. I don't really like the size of the DE, so I haven't smoked enough of them to develop a strong opinion one way or the other. I can say that I prefer the 42 ring montes to either of these larger ring sizes, the flavors are more direct and intense. The DE and No 2 are about the same size; 50 vs 52 rg and 6.1 vs 6.1. Interestingly enough, its stated on Cuntint that the PE weighs 17grams compared to the 14.26 grams of the No.2 Im not sure how you can fit more tobacco in a smaller size though...............

When you consider that a box of DE's comes at a 35% premium to the No 2s there is no contest for me. 

• Like 2