Sir Winston availability

It seems you can't find these anywhere currently, does anyone know when the next production is coming? I have one offer for a box at $435 shipped which I am strongly considering, but would much rather get one from Cuntint for $380 and inspected. Opinions?

2 minutes ago, AlohaStyle said:

Wrappers have been crap on many of the recent ones, I'd ask for a picture if at all possible.  If they are okay or you trust the vendor, buy it... that's a very fair price. 

Here are a few, purchased in Havana at LCDH in hostal conde de villanueva(Reynaldo shop):

6 hours ago, MNG024 said:

It seems you can't find these anywhere currently, does anyone know when the next production is coming? I have one offer for a box at $435 shipped which I am strongly considering, but would much rather get one from Cuntint for $380 and inspected. Opinions?

A small amount of remaining 2014 but mostly 2015 production was around at some trusted vendors in early-mid 2016. 2016 production was seen in very limited quantities early this year, and quite a few of those were purchased in Cuba. The lowest price I saw for them was higher than your number, which is very low. I don't believe Rob has updated the CUNTINT price in quite a while as they have not been available through CUNTINT in a while--the stock he's had over the last 24-36 mos. is basically sold before he gets it, and what's left goes right up on the 24:24 and is sold out in minutes. You won't be seeing $380 SW again anytime soon. 

I'm not aware of any vendor with any stock for the public at the moment, so I'd grab this box at that very good price if you're thinking about it. $435 shipped is a very, very good price. Any price is a good price right now. I'm sure a vendor could get north of $500 right now fairly easily. And as noted above ^^ by AlohaStyle, the pics and reports of the 2016 stock looked a bit rough and I recall the reviews for 2015 production were less than stellar. The consensus is that 2013 and 2014 production were superior.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

A small amount of remaining 2014 but mostly 2015 production was around at some trusted vendors in early-mid 2016. 2016 production was seen in very limited quantities early this year, and quite a few of those were purchased in Cuba. The lowest price I saw for them was higher than your number, which is very low. I don't believe Rob has updated the CUNTINT price in quite a while as they have not been available through CUNTINT in a while--the stock he's had over the last 24-36 mos. is basically sold before he gets it, and what's left goes right up on the 24:24 and is sold out in minutes. You won't be seeing $380 again SW anytime soon. 

I'm not aware of any vendor with any stock for the public at the moment, so I'd grab this box at that very good price if you're thinking about it. $435 shipped is a very, very good price. Any price is a good price right now. I'm sure a vendor could get north of $500 right now fairly easily. And as noted above ^^ by AlohaStyle, the pics and reports of the 2016 stock looked a bit rough and I recall the reviews for 2015 production were less than stellar. The consensus is that 2013 and 2014 production were superior.

Thank you very much for the reply, I did just post photos. I think the wrappers look pretty good, only 1 with a slight foot crack.

3 minutes ago, MNG024 said:

Thank you very much for the reply, I did just post photos. I think the wrappers look pretty good, only 1 with a slight foot crack.

They look decent. At $435, I'd grab them if you want some. They may not be around again for quite some time, as I don't expect 2017 to be a real strong year for production numbers and quality. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but better safe than sorry.

4 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Where are the pictures? Nothing came up on the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're showing up on laptop and mobile for me. Here are direct links to a few

https://imgur.com/JHWQmDP

https://imgur.com/VtDI470

https://imgur.com/VBvUsk8

http://imgur.com/2AgRYjl

I picked up a box from the LCDH in Panama. 500$ seems to be the going rate so anything below that is a good deal. My box code is SEA OCT 15, and the quality appears to be good, however I won't know for sure for a few more years. If the pics look good, the source is trusted and you want them, I say pull the trigger. If you don't, someone else surely will.

41 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

They look decent. At $435, I'd grab them if you want some. They may not be around again for quite some time, as I don't expect 2017 to be a real strong year for production numbers and quality. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but better safe than sorry.

What looks bad besides the one cracked foot?

6 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Hell I wouldn't even call that a cracked foot. That's nothing and won't do anything to affect performance.
Pull the trigger or I will. Where is your source emoji23.pngemoji23.png

3 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Nothing, I said they look fine. That one foot is barely cracked also. Some of the best looking 2016s I've seen.

Thanks for the help guys. I should make an introduction post in that section...I'm a bit of a rookie in the CC game, but am an avid non cuban smoker with a collection that seems to triple every month. I love getting involved in communities like these and hope to be a veteran soon!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

A small amount of remaining 2014 but mostly 2015 production was around at some trusted vendors in early-mid 2016. 2016 production was seen in very limited quantities early this year, and quite a few of those were purchased in Cuba. The lowest price I saw for them was higher than your number, which is very low. I don't believe Rob has updated the CUNTINT price in quite a while as they have not been available through CUNTINT in a while--the stock he's had over the last 24-36 mos. is basically sold before he gets it, and what's left goes right up on the 24:24 and is sold out in minutes. You won't be seeing $380 again SW anytime soon. 

2nd this, based on tremendous scarcity, I'd expect them to be around $500 or more, unless suddenly they become more widely available.  Just a hunch based on other vendors.  

• Like 1

I have had 2 Winnies.  Long time ago.  Have one from the Christmas Sampler I do not dare touch!  :hungry:

I think I will smoke it on the graduation day of my niece in May.  What better way for me to get my stuff together sending her off!!!  Love that girl!!!!

PS......Her Dad can't handle cigars so I will be alone in the B'Ham.:lol:

32 minutes ago, luv2fly said:

I have had 2 Winnies.  Long time ago.  Have one from the Christmas Sampler I do not dare touch!  :hungry:

I think I will smoke it on the graduation day of my niece in May.  What better way for me to get my stuff together sending her off!!!  Love that girl!!!!

PS......Her Dad can't handle cigars so I will be alone in the B'Ham.:lol:

Very nice!

I pulled the trigger, he is shipping first. Can't wait!

• Like 1

I used to see those all the time like 10 years ago. Bought garbage sticks from another site I will wait for something on 24/24 Be careful. Lots of crap out there

I apologize if I piss on the parade but to my eyes these wrappers might be acceptable on many cigars but NOT on the Sir Winston. This cigar is known for its smooth, silky wrapper, devoid of any vein or grain.

Seing such a legend dressed in such a poor wrapper is appaling.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

I apologize if I piss on the parade but to my eyes these wrappers might be acceptable on many cigars but NOT on the Sir Winston. This cigar is known for its smooth, silky wrapper, devoid of any vein or grain.

Seing such a legend dressed in such a poor wrapper is appaling.

Dang :/

21 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

I apologize if I piss on the parade

No SmallClub.  Your insight is needed and appreciated by me for sure!  When the wife and I are in France I would love to meet up with you!!!!  Not a nailed down trip but we are working on it.

Scored 10 from a trusted friend and then found a box from a Swiss vendor late last year.  $450-ish as I recall.  They are resting now, but I just had to smoke one ROTT and I will tell you the 'new' ones live up to the reputation.  The challenge is to find them.....  I'll open the cabinet and post box codes later.

• Like 1

I know  that in Cuba the price is supposed to be maintained at the official list price but is that likely to be reality even in an LCDH for something this much in demand?