Worst examples of Miscasting in Movie History

I have been enjoying reading Conn Iggulden series "Conqueror" about the life and times of Genghis Khan. 

It took me back to the movie of the same name rated as one of the best 100 worst films of all time. 

Not sure how John Wayne got the gig as Genghis  :rotfl:

white-genghis-kahn.jpg

Movie buffs....let us know your favourite miscasts :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will Smith as Agent James West and his son as the Karate Kid.

Ashton Kutcher was a bad Steve Jobs. And, even though I'm a fan of him, I feel Steve Martin ruined everything I loved about Inspector Clouseau in his Pink Panther movies. Hard to top Peter Sellers in

Good one!  Maybe not on that level, but Sofia Coppola as Mary Corleone in Godfather Part III was atrocious.

• Like 3

Back in the day actors / actresses were under contract and simply acted in whatever movie they were told. I don't know if this applies to the Duke and this movie or not.

Fast forward to a more modern time - Brad Pitt as Achilles - didn't hate it, didn't love it.....

3 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

Back in the day actors / actresses were under contract and simply acted in whatever movie they were told. I don't know if this applies to the Duke and this movie or not.

Fast forward to a more modern time - Brad Pitt as Achilles - didn't hate it, didn't love it.....

Colt. While he regretted it later, The Duke insisted on the role. Howard Hughes funded it. I understand it was the last movie HH funded.

* How about Chuck Connors as "Geronimo"?? :huh:

45 minutes ago, luv2fly said:

"Does your dog bite?" 

That's not my dog.....  :rotfl:

In general, I think DiCaprio is actually a pretty good actor.

I can't know what the thought process, or the process period was for casting movies back then....

I always kind of felt that West Side Story was somewhat of a breakthrough - Natalie Wood as Maria aside.

I'm a big fan of "classic" movies... I usually can keep things in context of the time period(s), but still sometimes cringe.......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TNT009 said:

Liz Taylor as Cleopatra...... Anyone read a history book, Cleopatra was Black!

** A rarely admitted to fact.  Robert Ripley of "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" who claimed that he could back up all his facts said that Cleopatra was fat and Black! That doesn't have to mean she was unattractive! Just thought I'd share that bit of a tid bit  :wink2:  In jolly old England at the time William Shakespeare wrote his play about Anthony and Cleopatra, all Blacks that were in Europe, from no matter where, were called Moors. In his play Shakespeare referred to Cleopatra as a "tawny Moor" i.e., brown skinned Moor as opposed to jet Black like many were. I watched the movie with good ole' Liz because I liked Hume Cronyn, whom I'd written to a couple of times, and he always responded with his humorous replies and some pictures of himself for me!  :yes:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David88 said:

Keanu Reeves in 47 Ronin was a pretty poor decision.

Oddly enough I didn't actually mind Ben Affleck as Batman.

* Me neither! I kind'a didn't follow Michael Keaton as Batman, too much. And Oh Dear Lord, WHAT a disappointment Danny DeVito turned out to be as the Penguin! Everybody eagerly anticipated him turning in his usual humorous and wickedly funny demeanor for that role...and instead, he was this de-appetizing, pitiful, totally unenjoyable character! What a waste of his talent. What was Tim Burton thinking? The only saving grace in my mind is that bit part DeVito had in the opening to Austin Powers' "Goldmember", playing Mini-Me! "HEY ASSHOLE! I'M MINI-ME!" with that cigar and great big grin on his face as he fired his machine gun...THAT'S what we were looking for as the Penguin in Tim Burton's Michael Keaton Batman sequel...!

• Like 1

The cast of the reboot of Monkey Magic. Only one member of the cast has Asian heritage (half Thai).

6e711c6a3c2fd723f6b8ec1e52c159a1.jpg.741f620407502de216a795a308d97fe7.jpg

"Dragonball Evolution", with a non-Asian Goku.

1302132548t-dragonball-evolution-1828.jpg.4aa48aca7acfc742432a941b0c38d67d.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan Noonien Singh in, "Star Trek: Into Darkness".

Khan_Noonien_Singh_(alternate_reality).thumb.jpg.c8753b0523b5973776f546dca486d297.jpg

"The Last Airbender"

590295d89f1d4_LastAirbender.jpg.941470d6e3b9f897549394de430e92c7.jpg

I could go on with the number of times an Asian character is played by a non-Asian, especially in an Asian based story. :mad:

• Like 1