Worst examples of Miscasting in Movie History

Daniel Craig as Bond!  Along with several bond girls, especially Maryam d'Abo, Tanya Roberts, Sophie Marceau, Halle Berry and Rosamund Pike.  To compare Halle Berry with Ursula Andress, in any context, is quite ludicrous!

• Like 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will Smith as Agent James West and his son as the Karate Kid.

Ashton Kutcher was a bad Steve Jobs. And, even though I'm a fan of him, I feel Steve Martin ruined everything I loved about Inspector Clouseau in his Pink Panther movies. Hard to top Peter Sellers in

3 hours ago, TNT009 said:

Liz Taylor as Cleopatra...... Anyone read a history book, Cleopatra was Black!

Cleopatra is considered Macedonian (i.e. Ancient Greek, not to be confused with today's 'FYROM').  There is no evidence that she was 'black'.

One reliable source: https://blog.oup.com/2010/12/cleopatra-2/

kevin costner in robin hood
vince vaughn and anne heche in psycho
james franco in everything post freaks and geeks (caveat: pineapple express)
russell crowe in les miserables
jesse eisenberg in batman vs superman
quentin tarantino in django unchained

3 hours ago, Leopolis Semper Fidelis said:

Are you sure that Cleopatra was Black?  She was of Macedonian Greek origin and the Ptolemaic dynasty did not inter-marry with the native Egyptians or any other race.  Long live pedantry!

Actually, by the time you get down to Ptolemy the 9th, his statues and busts are showing marked Egyptian, tight curly hair and broad nosed features like the rest of the Egyptian populace. You're also assuming the Greeks were of straight Caucasian strain. Don't forget, thanks to their famous philosophers like Plato, who said that since women were such inferior creatures, the only proper companion for a man was another man...and this was on the Greek island of Homos. The women, subsequently being left by themselves flocked to the Isle of Lesbos...need we say more about word origins?  Well, you know what happens when the "natural process" is not followed; your population doesn't grow. Soooo - you've heard of the famous "Rape of the Sabine Women" echoed throughout history; the Greek men, in order to repopulate their dwindling numbers invaded the southern lands of Sheba (as the take off of their name, "Sable-hued") women, those women were known to be fertile. And thus that's why a number of your Greek statues and features show tight curly hair, broad noses and full lips. There are Athenian statues (mostly hidden in the U.S.) of people who are outright Negroid in visage. Just a quick history lesson here, Leopolis. :teacher:

Please, gents  (and the odd lovely lady), Ben Affleck as Batman goes down as the worst casting decision in my book. 

You realize Michael Keaton, George Clooney, and Val Kilmer were also Batman, right? Battfleck might not have been the best, but merely by not having nipples on his costume, he was catapulted to top 3 Batman status.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, cigcars said:

Soooo - you've heard of the famous "Rape of the Sabine Women" echoed throughout history;

I somewhat lost the thread at the point of the Rape of the Sabine Women, which I've always thought was a Roman foundation myth, and the Sabines were of southern Italianate origin.

Interesting points though linking Greek philopsophy, Hellenistic expansion, and Ptolemaic lineal peculiarities (fun game - count the Arsinoes). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smoker said:

Daniel Craig as Bond!  Along with several bond girls, especially Maryam d'Abo, Tanya Roberts, Sophie Marceau, Halle Berry and Rosamund Pike.  To compare Halle Berry with Ursula Andress, in any context, is quite ludicrous!

Oooh, now that's a good troll!

• Like 1

For your consideration:

Vince Vaughan in the remake of "Psycho";

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great;

anything Nicolas Cage has allegedly starred in in the last 20 years;

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stogieninja said:

You realize Michael Keaton, George Clooney, and Val Kilmer were also Batman, right? Battfleck might not have been the best, but merely by not having nipples on his costume, he was catapulted to top 3 Batman status.

Touche. 

14 hours ago, TNT009 said:

Liz Taylor as Cleopatra...... Anyone read a history book, Cleopatra was Black!

Plenty of debate about this, but along similar lines, I think we can all agree Jim Caviezel was probably not a very accurate portrayal of Jesus.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wabashcr said:

Plenty of debate about this, but along similar lines, I think we can all agree Jim Caviezel was probably not a very accurate portrayal of Jesus.

As long as we don't go down the "Yul Brynner was not Siamese" road which, taken to its logical conclusion, makes all of Shakespeare's leading roles off limits to everyone east of the Caucasus.  I'll be happy to suspend disbelief if it means I can talk to a skull without actually being Danish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

As long as we don't go down the "Yul Brynner was not Siamese" road which, taken to its logical conclusion, makes all of Shakespeare's leading roles off limits to everyone east of the Caucasus.  I'll be happy to suspend disbelief if it means I can talk to a skull without actually being Danish.

Touche.  I'm willing to cut Yul Brynner some slack, as well as anything else from the 50s or 60s, especially if it's not claiming to be historically accurate.  

I happened to tour Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London earlier this week, and they were rehearsing a very interestingly casted version of Romeo and Juliet.  Didn't seem to be many Italians.

27 minutes ago, wabashcr said:

I happened to tour Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London earlier this week, and they were rehearsing a very interestingly casted version of Romeo and Juliet.  Didn't seem to be many Italians.

And I'll bet the female lead is older than 13.   There are just too few parts for older actresses today, eh? ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gweilgi said:

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great;

No doubt! - but to be fair I'm not sure if it was just him, or the whole movie.......

(Troy, though easier for me to watch, was really only marginally better)

The worst miscasting in movies, in my opinion, includes these (woeful) performances...

* John Wayne as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror 

* Colin Farrell in Alexander the Great (what was that ridiculous accent about anyway?)

* George Clooney and Ben Affleck as Batman

* Hayden Christiansen as Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars Prequels.

* Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs

* Kelsey Grammer in Expendables 3 (Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Antonio Banderas, Jet Li, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Harrison Ford and Arnold Schwarzenegger...what is Kelsey Grammer doing there amongst a cast like that?)

* Sofia Coppola as Mary Carleone in The Godfather III. This is a good example of how an acting performance successfully kills your acting career, hence why she had the good sense to try directing!

* Kevin Costner as Robin Hood. One can safely say the accent was completely 'off', as was the performance. Kevin Costner in Dances with Wolves and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves possibly represents the greatest difference in acting performances by an actor in film history, in my opinion. In other words, Costner was cast well in Dances with Wolves and completely miscast as Robin Hood. Give me Errol Flynn anyday!