Is anybody else addicted to Cohiba shorts??

A couple months ago my pilot buddy brought back a grocery bag full of cigars. Among them were several cartons of Cohiba shorts. I bought 2 10 packs from him and wow these things are great. Then my buddy and I bought a 10 pack from 24/24. I love these little sticks. Mostly wrapper and pure flavor. Now I am hooked. They are so handy particularly in the outside areas that ban smoking. I can hang out with people sneaking cigs and 2 will give u a decent little nicotine buzz. I have heard that these are the best of the lot but I am open to suggestions.  Any  others I should try?

I've been a fan of Puritos for years, particularly the Partagas Chicos & Puritos and the Monte Puritos. The Cohiba Shorts are getting positive reviews across the board. There's nothing like having a 15-20 minute Cuban cigar option when you're out and about and the cello packs are great on the go. When smoked slowly, they can last almost 30 minutes. I smoked way too many and found myself smoking at every opportunity. They were burning a hole right through my wallet as I'd easily go through 2-3 per day. At over a buck each, it's gets expensive.

Just amazes me how cigars this small can be so flavorful when cigars with five times the ring gauge are often bland. Puritos are way underrated and always have been IMO. In fact, MRN openly calls the Partagas Chicos one of his favorite cigars, period.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, rickthecabbie said:

If you like these, I would seriously consider picking up a box of Monte Puritos.
If you are not familiar with them, you will probably find them to be a pleasant surprise.

Many thanks for the tip. Will do?

I'm a big fan of the CoSho. Bought a 10x10 blind on a recent 24:24 right before they were readily available on the cuntint site, and they  deliver flavor well beyond their size. 

Very timely situation for me. Recent wedding, moving, job, etc. has left me with very little time to lounge on the back deck. For $2.15 (delivered) per stick, the CoShos are great. 

Now I'll have to look into those Monte Puritos...

27 minutes ago, KFBR392 said:

How do these compare to the mini or the club?

The Minis and Clubs are quite good, but I think the Shorts deliver a bit more premium flavor. And they're about 50% larger and can be had for about 50% more in price, so they're really not more expensive than the Minis or Clubs by weight. They're also cellophane wrapped making them much more convenient on the go.

I went through 50 of them rather quickly but really was not impressed at all.  

Not for me i suppose.

They are tasty little smokes. I know @Lotusguy has been burning through a lot of packs.

I have gone through over 120 and have another 300 waiting for me in Germany- so I guess you could say I like them :lookaround:
  • Like 3

I have gone through over 120 and have another 300 waiting for me in Germany- so I guess you could say I like them :lookaround:

Maybe...it's hard to tell

2 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

And you sir are solely responsible for me going through 5-6 boxes of them myself.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

Good flavor, perfect smoking time and not crazy expensive.  I enjoy them quite a bit.  They're also great for giving to friends and family that want to join you for a smoke, but don't want to deal with a full sized stick.

Ok so now I am out of the darn things. My pilot buddy is going to Cuba so I tell him to bring back the next size longer than the shorts. We did not discuss price. Soooo he shows up with 2 X 5 packs of Cohiba Panatelas  and presents me with a 90.00 invoice????. I thanked him and paid him and said nothing. I checked some internet sites and found that 8-9 dollar a stick was about the going rate. I had planned on spending maybe 2.50 maybe 3 bucks a stick but not 9.  My friend is a rookie and did not know any better but I assumed that he did.  Moral of the story/ assume nothing

7 hours ago, Winchester21 said:

Ok so now I am out of the darn things. My pilot buddy is going to Cuba so I tell him to bring back the next size longer than the shorts. We did not discuss price. Soooo he shows up with 2 X 5 packs of Cohiba Panatelas  and presents me with a 90.00 invoice????. I thanked him and paid him and said nothing. I checked some internet sites and found that 8-9 dollar a stick was about the going rate. I had planned on spending maybe 2.50 maybe 3 bucks a stick but not 9.  My friend is a rookie and did not know any better but I assumed that he did.  Moral of the story/ assume nothing

Sounds like he followed your instructions perfectly! The Panetelas are indeed the next largest Cohiba. But that price seems a bit high for Cuba. Going price worldwide is about $7-8 each in 25s and $40-50 for 5s petaca. Should be a bit less there. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I am quite partial to the R&J Puritos, nice and sweet, and the Partagas Chico's, have some vague Partagas hints within. Have not tried the Monte Puritos or Cohiba Shorts, might have to grab a couple of boxes of each. I do find that smoking these style of cigars makes it more of a habit than a hobby though, so have tended to keep then in short supply ???

• 2 years later...

I’m not sure if I should ask this question here or start a new thread. This seems the least intrusive, but it is also 30 months on. The vendor I used for my first, and so far, only, order of CCs has Cohiba Shorts with a dated humidor for $3.08/stick. I haven’t seen the humidor/Shorts combination anywhere else so I can’t do a comparison. (I am still in the “is this much cheaper or much more expensive” method of authentication.)  Is three bucks a reasonable price? Is there any value to the humidor?

I’m not sure if I should ask this question here or start a new thread. This seems the least intrusive, but it is also 30 months on. The vendor I used for my first, and so far, only, order of CCs has Cohiba Shorts with a dated humidor for $3.08/stick. I haven’t seen the humidor/Shorts combination anywhere else so I can’t do a comparison. (I am still in the “is this much cheaper or much more expensive” method of authentication.)  Is three bucks a reasonable price? Is there any value to the humidor?

The sticks without the humidor regularly go on sale for $1.30/ea - it’s up to you if you feel the pretty box is worth the extra money (it was for me). The cigars inside are identical.
  • Like 1