Polishing your Crystal ball.

1.) QdO Coronas-- I know they are coming out with a couple new QdO vitolas, but I could easily see them deciding the corona no longer fits the profile of the relaunched brand.

2.) Upmann Petit Robusto-- Size seems to be popular with REs, and they just released a high-priced Cohiba.  

8 hours ago, miurajus said:

What's smoking good now?  Prince, BCG, Rob alerts the masses and poof, gone.

1.  Obvious, Punch Punch.  :rolleyes:

2.  Bolivar, or RA tree trunk.

I second this but I'll toss in a different one. Will be a cigar that comes in dress boxes and 50 Cabs.  One that doesn't make a lot of sense.  Party Short 50 Cab and/Or HDM DC 50 Cab.  

As for complete elimination I see Rob's death Punch being dealt to the La Fuerza more likely than the Punch Punch.  It's an odd size and it's relatively expensive compared to other similar cigars.  

Unannounced add will be some sort of Petite Robusto.  Probably Bolivar.  Partagas factory already has the molds for D5 so slight blend tweak.  I would probably buy this so it won't happen I am sure.   

I certainly hope that Cohiba and Bolivar examples are spared 

9 hours ago, wabashcr said:

1.) QdO Coronas-- I know they are coming out with a couple new QdO vitolas, but I could easily see them deciding the corona no longer fits the profile of the relaunched brand.

I highly doubt HSA would go to all the trouble to re-band and include the Coronas in a fancy re-launch presentation only to cut it in 2018. Don't see it happening. If not for that, I'd have agreed that it may be up next for a cut. But now, I think it's got new life.

Here's a cigar that I don't think has been mentioned at all and I forgot about but it is right up there in terms of death warrant: the RyJ Ex 3. It meets all the criteria perfectly: a vitola HSA loves to cut, very limited production, a poor seller and never been highly regarded. This cigar has never had any fans. How this thing has survived to this point is nothing short of a miracle. A prime candidate for a 2018 cut.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I'll go further, and say that a whole marca is next on the chopping block:

LGC.

I don't think HSA is taking the approach of cutting marcas. I think HSA's strategy has evolved into what I would call a special production/relaunch strategy. As we're seeing with QdO--a brand that was ostensibly on its deathbed with only a Corona in the entire lineup, what I think you're going to be seeing with marcas like LGC, Dip and perhaps RG, SLR and LFDC is a lot of special releases and new, large RG models introduced into regular production. I think a band revamp would be welcome for LGC (see the very nice band used for the 2008 Gloriosos) and Diplomaticos. 

So as much as I will dislike the inevitable mega-monsters that will likely populate these marcas, at least these great marcas have an opportunity for a renaissance of sorts.

• Like 2

Yes, from what I recall, it's in Habanos S.A's interest to keep marcas alive from a trademark and business point of view, even if that marca has only one regular production vitola.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I highly doubt HSA would go to all the trouble to re-band and include the Coronas in a fancy re-launch presentation only to cut it in 2018. Don't see it happening. If not for that, I'd have agreed that it may be up next for a cut. But now, I think it's got new life.

We'll see I guess.  Of the three QdOs, the Coronas, 50 and 54, one of them is clearly not like the other two.  I'm just not sure a modestly priced corona is going to fit with their revamped QdO branding.  Honestly without the two new sizes, I would have thought the coronas to be safe, just because they were keeping the marca on the market.  Now they've decided to take the marca in a different direction.  In any event I hope it doesn't get cut.  I love the size and the cigar.

5 hours ago, wabashcr said:

We'll see I guess.  Of the three QdOs, the Coronas, 50 and 54, one of them is clearly not like the other two.  I'm just not sure a modestly priced corona is going to fit with their revamped QdO branding.  Honestly without the two new sizes, I would have thought the coronas to be safe, just because they were keeping the marca on the market.  Now they've decided to take the marca in a different direction.  In any event I hope it doesn't get cut.  I love the size and the cigar.

The Corona may be the outlier, but this thread isn't about what cigars may be cut at some point--it's about what the most likely cigar to be cut next is. And there's almost zero chance the QdO Corona is going to get the boot in 2018. I hope HSA has some sense of tradition and never cuts it, although the Corona is just as despised by HSA as the Julieta 2. 

1-HU Regalias, being they cut the PC why not this one?  

2-Bolivar Gran Belicoso, I really enjoyed the one from 2010 that I smoked