Sports Car Owners - Is that you?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love all cars! here are a couple of my "Sport" cars 1966 Ferrari GTB, 1932 Auburn 8-100A Boattail, 1957 Mercedes 300sl, 1967 Healey 3000 BJ8, 1957 Corvette Fuelie,

Bought a few months ago.  Still in the break-in period! My first sports car since having kids.  Waited 1.5 decades for it.  It's soooo good!

'74 TR6

20 minutes ago, TheLiquidGator said:

I have always been an Alfa man. Two in my stable right now. Gina the round tail and Bella the square tail. Love them both. But, Gina is so much fun to "toss" through the mountains.

Big Alfa fan as well.  Had an '85 GTV6 for a few years.  We are considering the Stelvio once its out to replace our Volvo when the lease ends.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

Waiting for delivery of a DB11 in two weeks which I am very pumped about. And also have a white/tan Ferrari 488 at home that is on it's way out the door.

Wow, the DB11 would be on my lottery list!  488 is really special too; that is some collection!!!  Why are you getting rid of the 488?  Was in Austin a couple of weeks ago and the local Aston dealer had a nice selection of DB11's to drool over...  

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Wow, the DB11 would be on my lottery list!  488 is really special too; that is some collection!!!  Why are you getting rid of the 488?  Was in Austin a couple of weeks ago and the local Aston dealer had a nice selection of DB11's to drool over...  

It is really only feasible for me to have one "fun car" at a time, and the 488 is a bit much for me at this point I have convinced myself. I live in Miami and between the parking lots, speed bumps, steep driveways, valets, bad drivers, and traffic it just seemed to have a better home in the hills somewhere. But really I just wanted the DB! I go between Ferrari/Aston but over the years my heart really belongs more w Astons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLiquidGator said:

I have always been an Alfa man. Two in my stable right now. Gina the round tail and Bella the square tail. Love them both. But, Gina is so much fun to "toss" through the mountains.

me and ginaJPG.JPG

gina and bella.JPG

I'm considering the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce, but I really want it in a coupe version.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

I go between Ferrari/Aston but over the years my heart really belongs more w Astons. 

As much as I would love any Ferrari, I find myself as more an Aston guy as well.  I don't have a DB11 wallet, lol...  Looking at used Rapide, DB9, or Vantage.  We test drove a Rapide last summer and both like it.  

2 hours ago, vintagerodshop said:

Its one of the most useful tools on a big property. Gets used on a pretty regular basis.

Well next time you need a service I'll waive the labour and parts, if you cover the call out, and I'll come and do it personally!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

As much as I would love any Ferrari, I find myself as more an Aston guy as well.  I don't have a DB11 wallet, lol...  Looking at used Rapide, DB9, or Vantage.  We test drove a Rapide last summer and both like it.  

You can make out very well with used Astons the last 5-7 years in my experience. I have not looked super closely at the Rapide's pricing but I live in Miami and I see alot of nice low mileage Vantage both V8/V12 in mint condition for pretty compelling prices. The V12 Vantage is a very fun car to drive. Lots of guys buy them, park them at a condo they never come to, and then sell it two years later with 3K miles on it. Ferrari on the other hand are very tough to steal deals on I have found. 

14 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

That is a beautiful machine sir.

Totally digging the interior.  Light yet jean proof where you need it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

You can make out very well with used Astons the last 5-7 years in my experience. I have not looked super closely at the Rapide's pricing but I live in Miami and I see alot of nice low mileage Vantage both V8/V12 in mint condition for pretty compelling prices. The V12 Vantage is a very fun car to drive. Lots of guys buy them, park them at a condo they never come to, and then sell it two years later with 3K miles on it. Ferrari on the other hand are very tough to steal deals on I have found. 

You nailed it.  I am looking for a 5-7 year old model.  If it were a Vantage; it would have to be a manual.  DB9 would have to a '13 for the newer body style.  The only model I have driven so far is the Rapide.  I plan to drive the others over the summer.   I would buy nationally and have the car shipped.  There is not much selection in New England with just two dealerships.

IMG_1007.JPG.63a8eb250d8c5371c82630af36f47237.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG.bc55164f950426f6d59db4a6812f470e.JPG

Beautiful, just beautiful. 2014 right?

I'm less than 365 days from mine. The new gt3 with the 6 speed manual is intriguing though. Optioned how I would want it, it's close to the price of a model year or two old turbo s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk