Best corona you've smoked in the last year

The recent post by Prez on Robusto's got me thinking about this topic. In last year that I've gotten deeper in CC's I've discovered the wonderful world of this vitola and just how much flavor a Corona or Corona Gorda can pack in. So let's hear it, what's the best Corona you've had in the last year, that's been a 2015 or younger?

• Like 2

Cohiba Corona especial hands down. Nothing close second

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

For consistency I can't fault the Boli Tubos Number 1. 

^^ This

Loving (or loved, I should say) the last 3 years of the BT1, although the BT3 is probably the best of the three models--I just hate the vitola. 

Not a Coronas but close, and a distant second place would be Monte Tubos.

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Not sure this one is a Coronas...:confused:

Yes, we may need to expand the criteria to get some responses as the only current production Coronas (i.e. 42 ring gauge x 142 mm) are the Montecristo No.3, the Quai d'Orsay Coronas Claro and the Romeo y Julieta Cedros de Luxe No.2.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

For consistency I can't fault the Boli Tubos Number 1. 

The best however was a 2010 QD Corona. Stunning complexity. 

I came on this thread to say the same. Great cigars. Some of the first Cuban cigars I smoked.

Monte No 3 rarely lets me down, and I'm finding the Bolivar Tubos No 1 are okay - way more tasty that the BPC.

But the absolute best corona I had this year is the 2007 Punch Corona, lip smacking delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we may need to expand the criteria to get some responses as the only current production Coronas (i.e. 42 ring gauge x 142 mm) are the Montecristo No.3, the Quai d'Orsay Coronas Claro and the Romeo y Julieta Cedros de Luxe No.2.

Agreed
  • Like 1

I will second the '07 Punch corona. Awesome 

20170530_175359.thumb.jpg.f9a191abc95ae1cba35943ccc0a2fe3c.jpg

Nice, this one is mine...
bac39869b4738fd82572895ce846cb38.jpg1f53a3e7d5cb11dc2ce324413a72e331.jpg

• Like 1

I dig Monte No.3 when they can be found. They only ines I grabbed this year were older than what the OP stated but we could extend the length just a bit and put the Monte No.1 in there as well, if you love Montecristo, which I do. Yes I get the occasional poor build, but I like the flavor profile of most Montes.

.. and Parti, Boli, Cohi.... Not too many CC marques I don't really care for. As long as the leaf is long filler

Not quite on topic in terms of age but I was fortunate enough to get my hands on 2 boxes of VR Familiares from 2000. Been smoking them regularly and they are hands down the best coronas I've smoked in the last 12 months (I also have a box of 2007 RyJ Coronas which are good but still eclipsed by the Familiares).

As a side note I was at Pacific Cigars Connoisseur Divan last night and picked up a Bolivar Corona Extra from 2000. Never had one before but it smoked beautifully with a perfect draw & construction, and lovely Bolivar flavours.

Best corona from 2015 and newer was a Warped Lirio Rojo.

NC I know, but this cigar bested a majority of CCs 2015 and younger. For the romantics... they are from a 50 cab, unbanded and construction was perfect. 

To date, this was the best cigar I've had in 2017 in terms of flavor, construction and it was damn interesting and had evolution from beginning to end. 

Picked it up at a local B&M as a courtesy purchase to use their lounge. I don't really stock NCs personally, but will make a point to pick up a few more of these coronas. 

• Like 1