Diplomaticos No 2 TOS DIC 15 : Ode to the 47 to 52 gauge review week

I've only ever had 2 or 3 Dip 2s in the past and they have all been singles bought in store. The last one I smoked was probably 4 or 5 years ago. So time to see what the recent TOS Dip 2 fuss is all about. 

Wrapper is nice and dark. A bit of sheen and toothy. 

First third starts out very nicely. I get a flavour that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is amazing. Like a savoury spice. Almost reminds me of Partagas.  First third has some rough edges but that savoury spice is just brilliant. 

The second third adds a touch of salt, which i love. And some cream. So I've now got savoury spice and salted cream :hungry:

Last third adds a bit of a buttery cream.

Very enjoyable cigar. Nicotine creeps up on me and I have to put it down without nubbing. 

I really liked this cigar and I'm glad I have a full box. I enjoyed it now but I think a few short years will do wonders. Just to get rid of those knees and elbows. 

2017-06-03 21.47.58.jpg

2017-06-03 21.48.27.jpg

2017-06-03 21.48.53.jpg

2017-06-03 21.49.32.jpg

2017-06-03 21.49.54.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2017 at 11:42 AM, JohnS said:

Great box code for these too!

any idea what factory TOS is ?...i also have various boxes with this factory and they are all outstanding.

1 hour ago, poolmar said:

any idea what factory TOS is ?...i also have various boxes with this factory and they are all outstanding.

57 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

TOS is La Corona. Even now 2018 box codes, La Corona and Partagas recently have been producing some stellar cigars! 

Yes. It's La Corona.