Cohiba DC EL GKI 03- Ode to 'fat and overpriced' cigar week review!

Good honest review  I would have expected much more from this cigar. I would say that it is past its prime. Sell them

This is the first thread I've opened after a bit of a break from this forum. Good to see a familiar face. You're a more patient man than myself Ray. Upon seeing that Charbucks, 80 grit, thick wrapper... I immediately draw my own conclusions. I haven't had one EL that's surprised me yet. It's like seeing a gal with big hair, high heels, injected lips, and sprayed on makeup. I always tell others... I'll smoke a Bolivar PC in the morning if I'm after that profile. I want to be drawn in with prominent flavors every single time. I don't want to experiment too much or be let down. I smoke for taste, not out of habit or for ritual. I also do not associate body with flavor. LGCs, RGs, and ERDMs (classic vitolas, not REs) are mild to medium bodied, but full flavor.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 4:19 AM, FatPete said:

Hi Piggy, 

Good video. In it you mentioned some cigars as typically tannic. Could you let this newbie in on which ones they are, probably to avoid in my case ?

thanks 

Pete, I don't typically see tannic cigars like I used to. I don't think you need worry much about it.

I don't like highly tannic cigars, but the converted tannins make for a tasty cigar, and that is the point of it. If you are buying current stock, I think you have little fear unless you just happen on some under processed tobacco.

The cigars of today are much more 'user' friendly.

Best of luck on your journey! -Piggy

18 hours ago, Fugu said:

... but, Piggy, to miscall a Prominentes a "fat" cigar. You are certainly not keeping up with the time, mate ... :D

Just about anything over 42 ring is fat... just to set the datum! -LOL -R

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

This is the first thread I've opened after a bit of a break from this forum. Good to see a familiar face. You're a more patient man than myself Ray. Upon seeing that Charbucks, 80 grit, thick wrapper... I immediately draw my own conclusions. I haven't had one EL that's surprised me yet. It's like seeing a gal with big hair, high heels, injected lips, and sprayed on makeup. I always tell others... I'll smoke a Bolivar PC in the morning if I'm after that profile. I want to be drawn in with prominent flavors every single time. I don't want to experiment too much or be let down. I smoke for taste, not out of habit or for ritual. I also do not associate body with flavor. LGCs, RGs, and ERDMs (classic vitolas, not REs) are mild to medium bodied, but full flavor.

Good to see you too my friend. And I thought for sure that you would want to buy these form me...! -LOL

I think I need to tune into some of these idiots that want to buy some of these, I will never smoke them! Good storage space if valuable. I can easily fit 3 boxes of PC's into the space that these cigars take!

-Ray

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wertman said:

Piggy.  What is your favorite cigar?  You said you smoke smaller cigars, what are some of your favorites?  And do you prefer aged compared to non aged?

Maybe I will do a little video on that.

I prefer aged because that is what I have. Age is of little consequence to me. Cigars must be properly made and I prefer a firm packed cigar with a stiffer draw. Most of these come from older stock. Again, it is not the age, the production trend that I prefer.

Oh, you name it, if it is 42 ring or less I like it. These include current PC's like the RG and lesser so some of the more over produced PC's. I like the RASCC, the du Depute, du Roi, QdO Coronas, ElP, Monte 5, even those small short filler Fonsecas!

I have a lot of 'favorites.' Cheers! -Piggy

4 hours ago, jimsta10 said:

Nice video mate. finally we get to see a who this Piggy really is...I  honestly thought it was a mythical character up until now.

... that fat dude sits in for me all the time! -LOL

-Piggy

• Like 1