Trump Cuba Policy Announcement

7 minutes ago, planetary said:

Clearly, people do.  Or they think it doesn't matter, since it's also being marketed as anti-Obama, and that's good enough to avoid tissue rejection for many conservatives.

I will simply point you to an article that I believe sums it up succinctly:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/06/cuba-trump-obama-opening/530568/

There is a segment of republicans that are anti-Obama no matter what, and that only fuels anti-Trump movement, and the spin continues. This divisive state is destined for some serious problems. The term "govern" in government seems to have gone AWOL.

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can hardly blame Cuba for buying arms from NK when you sell arms to countries like Saudi Arabia…

History continues to be re-witten on cigar forums! The FDA was given 'specific' authority by congress to 'kill' tobacco. Look who voted for it! Read about Mitch Zeller!!! Saying that 'the FD

Fugu, Thanks for picking up on that nuance. And now for the ugly truth.  I'm 40 years of age. I left while I was still a pup, but have plenty of family affected. My maternal side of the fami

11 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

Of course this was inevitable. Trump promised on the campaign trail to reverse all of Obama's executive orders. Like him or not he is a man of his word and is following through. 

I am glad to see him following through on his promises.

• Like 1

Patience... in due time. I think they are working certain priorities and still gathering evidence and developing a plan not only to nail her but several others. I think the hammer is going to fall on a couple republicans too. Namely Romney and McCain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In all honesty it (US travel to Cuba) exploded too quickly. My only hope with this is that the next time, it's a gradual tourism increase. When I visited just days before Obama visited it was insanely expensive. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

Patience... in due time. I think they are working certain priorities and still gathering evidence and developing a plan not only to nail her but several others. I think the hammer is going to fall on a couple republicans too. Namely Romney and McCain.

Who get's nailed first... Hilary, Romney, McCain, Trump, Flynn, Mannefort, Kushner - or - this thread? 

It's a race to the bottom and "we the people" are the real losers :lost: 

SOMEONE PLEASE LOCK THREAD THIS UP!

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov
15 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

Agreed. This stopped being about Cuba some time ago. 

Who get's nailed first... Hilary, Romney, McCain, Trump, Flynn, Mannefort, Kushner - or - this thread? 

Delete - don't wanna add fuel to the fire

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philc2001 said:

Why ask for a thread to get locked right after trying to add to the fire in the same post? Lol.... 

Sure the topic has derailed a little, but still a lot of good conversation to be had.

• Like 2

I don't recall if I wrote this on another forum or here. This is all about US presidential election politics and the key state of Florida. There's a large block of Cuban-American voters who don't want the embargo lifted. So it hasn't been. Both D and R candidates have made their political calculations with this in mind for over 50 years. - - There isn't a large enough or powerful enough block currently, that wishes to change that. Their interests don't align with such a change.

Americans weren't flocking to travel to Cuba after the change in policy was announced. It seems the infrastructure in Cuba isn't developed well enough to attract American travelers on a large scale. Flight schedules were already being rolled back.
Well, at least Americans will be able to bring more CCs home from their overseas travels. And those of us concerned about the potential impact on CC quality if the U.S. market were fully opened, likely won't need to consider that for awhile.

Since most of us aren't Florida voters, we have little influence on this anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Truth is, the average American could care less about travelling to Cuba for vacation. Since most on this forum are Cuban cigar lovers, obviously opinions here will be stronger for or against than the non-cigar smoking US population. There are plenty more better destinations where you will get more bang for your $$ especially when it comes to hotels in the $400 a night range. Travelling there is off my bucket list. My wife has a job with high clearance, and I certainly am not going to jeopardize her career for a selfish trip to the cigar mother-land.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CanuckSARTech said:

Ken harping on Andy about textbook fraud...compared to Ken, as a retired/former lawyer, talking about shooting / killing / hanging / mutilating:

1. politicians
  2. seal bashers
  3. gun nutz
  4. Quantas Airlines staff / executives / pilots / flightline staff / etc.
  5. Etc.
  6. Etc.
  7. Etc.

????????

Pot, kettle??!!?!?!?! 

:);):stir::devil2:

there was no harping. i agree with 99% of what he is saying. if you read the post, i was pointing out that doing it that way was possibly going to cause some serious problems.

what the rest of the crap you raised has to do with this, or this thread, is completely beyond me.

5 hours ago, BolivarSmoker said:

I watched on Foxnews. The anchor after the Trump speech said this doesn't change the import policy on cigars and rum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I heard the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Truth is, the average American could care less about travelling to Cuba for vacation. Since most on this forum are Cuban cigar lovers, obviously opinions here will be stronger for or against than the non-cigar smoking US population. There are plenty more better destinations where you will get more bang for your $$ especially when it comes to hotels in the $400 a night range. Travelling there is off my bucket list. My wife has a job with high clearance, and I certainly am not going to jeopardize her career for a selfish trip to the cigar mother-land.

This pretty much sums me up.I have a clearance working in the middle east. I can go into Dubai for $400 a night live it up there and buy all the CC I want. I would like to hit Cuba up one day, but when it is more developed. I've have had my times of going to 3rd world countries.

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

there was no harping. i agree with 99% of what he is saying. if you read the post, i was pointing out that doing it that way was possibly going to cause some serious problems.

what the rest of the crap you raised has to do with this, or this thread, is completely beyond me.

Oh KG, you slay me.

I was just ribbin' ya, man!!!!  I kinda MISSED YA lately, so I thought I'd catch up with getting ya riled up!

:D:stir::devil2::buddies::P 

Just think...this might just be either a really late or really early April Fools tweet from the Donald, uh, the prez ( not you, Rob),  I mean the US President and twitter in chief.  He's probably a connoisseur of fine cigars and really doesn't mean to sell us down the river just so's those selfish Canucks can get all the CC goodies!   At least we still have a great exchange rate going for us!  :moon:

9 hours ago, semifan1 said:

This pretty much sums me up.I have a clearance working in the middle east. I can go into Dubai for $400 a night live it up there and buy all the CC I want. I would like to hit Cuba up one day, but when it is more developed. I've have had my times of going to 3rd world countries.

You could visit Toronto or Montreal and smoke all the CC's you want as well.  Americans don't need a Visa or clearance to visit the UAE.  Cigar prices in UAE are higher than Cuba and are just two different experiences.  You can see plenty of Ferrari's in UAE, but seeing them in Modena is different/special in its own right.

• Like 1

When I first read Trump would make his announcement in Miami and posted the topic, I thought it was going to be a dramatic change. All in all it wasn't as far reaching as I thought he would go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You could visit Toronto or Montreal and smoke all the CC's you want as well.  Americans don't need a Visa or clearance to visit the UAE.  Cigar prices in UAE are higher than Cuba and are just two different experiences.  You can see plenty of Ferrari's in UAE, but seeing them in Modena is different/special in its own right.

I'm pretty sure prices for CC's are more expensive everyplace, but Cuba. I do need a clearance for work since it's for the government.