My smoking buddy

Brilliant!  I myself have a soft spot for all creatures.  All are welcome in my yard.  It is incredible to watch nature in full force.  

My dogs go nuts when the bun bun's are in the yard but when they find one, they are so sweet to them.  They just want to sniff and I can only assume they have questions.

Birds are also prevalent in my yard and my girls want to discuss territory with them.  

Love them all!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Wow are you able to take a closer photo of them ? 

I am using a phone cam and the light is not the best. Let me se what I can do tonite

I really like having them around I am going to buy some houses and feeders to try and keep them close by. We have given them the carport until the young leave the nest. Parking our cars out in the driveway They definitely rate a 10 on the cute factor

That's really cool

For the second year now I've had a nest of Robbins to watch while having a smoke. It's really interesting to note how often the momma birds brings in food.
Enjoy then, they grow really fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They should eat from your hand eventually. I had a "flock " of 8 or so up here last winter hand feeding them shelled peanuts.

1 hour ago, Maritimer said:

They should eat from your hand eventually. I had a "flock " of 8 or so up here last winter hand feeding them shelled peanuts.

I think long sleeves and winter coats are necessary from what I have read. Have not tried peanuts. They love oiled sunflower seeds

On 6/16/2017 at 0:21 PM, Maritimer said:

20160313_170358.jpg

I having been fiddling around with the photo settings on my phone (total computer illiterate).  Here's a better pic I got while smoking my morning cigar. Will continue to work on this.  A little better if you zoom in on itIMG_1032.thumb.JPG.53e1a19ce7ec0a89cb215ad055c4ffe1.JPGiI

1 hour ago, WarriorPrincess said:

How cute thanks for the photos ;-)

i have an Avery at home with about 10 birds and the blue ring neck loves Rob, everytime he sees Rob he says "Hello Rob " love it 

Missed opportunity. You could have trained it to say, "Hello Doofus". :P

• Like 2

On 6/18/2017 at 9:25 PM, Fuzz said:

Missed opportunity. You could have trained it to say, "Hello Doofus". :P

Man that is just funny as hell????

• Like 1

They have become like pets So tame. They don't like it when I hold the phone up to take pics but otherwise they act like tame pets. I will miss them when they leave which will be soon

The young are almost 2 weeks old now. Pretty much fully developed. One is trying to fly so they will be gone soon  many pleasant hours of cigars , burbon and watching them. I caught a few good pics today of the young birds and the mother feeding them

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

• Like 1

The mother bird does an amazing amount of work to keep them fed.

Thanks for posting the pics.

When "my" robins grew up and flew away I missed watching them, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro