Video Review - Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra RE

Ferrero

Didn't quite catch it but at some point I'm sure caramel is mentioned. Might be wrong. See if you can spot it...

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 2

I was enjoying this review over a perfectly good dinner and glass of wine and Ken drops 'nappy pooh'....leant my lesson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think these are at their peak now? I just want a good excuse to finish the half of the box that I have now :D:P

4 hours ago, planetary said:

This is the third review of the PL Belicosos Extra from the same code.

• The first review (December, 2008, age 0.4 years) consensus score was 86.5.
  • The second review (May, 2012, age 3.9 years) consensus score was 90.7.
  • This review's (June, 2017, age 9.0 years) consensus score was 94.

If it were me, I'd be smoking these over the next year or so, without much regret!

Perfect :D Time for me to start digging into them again!

• Like 1

Glad to see these are coming along, and representing the marca well. I vividly recall the mediocre reviews on these early and as a result these are still readily available and at less than $15 a stick are a great buy (especially considering some of these recent releases (RG 88--I'm talking about you) are going for $19/stick.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Glad to see these are coming along, and representing the marca well. I vividly recall the mediocre reviews on these early and as a result these are still readily available and at less than $15 a stick are a great buy (especially considering some of these recent releases (RG 88--I'm talking about you) are going for $19/stick.

Exactly right

22 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

When figure that a box of 2008 BBF is starting to get close to that price the PLBE left are the market are practically a bargain

• Like 1

I have a box and can confirm that the most recent one I tried (about 2 months ago) had indeed turned into a caramel stick for the first half but I think that particular stick needed even a bit longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Smoked one tonight. 6th from a box from our host. Caramel note is increasing for sure but the smoking time is not as all are so underfilled. A real pity as it ruins what could be a really great cigar. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Smoked one tonight. 6th from a box from our host. Caramel note is increasing for sure but the smoking time is not as all are so underfilled. A real pity as it ruins what could be a really great cigar. 

Had one tonight as well. This particular one was underfilled too. Good caramel flavors though!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk