Straight cut on a Pirimide ...

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

I noticed something on the Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra RE @El Presidente was smoking in the video review that Greg put up yesterday.

Untitled.png.55603d2482ef48b91abcf01bb229b3c9.png

It looks like a straight cut, but at an angle. This is something that I think I've noticed in a few different places, and I'm wondering if it's common. Any FoHers use this method? If so, what's the rationale/benefit?

I'm just curious whether I'm imagining this! 

People do all kinds of stuff as part of their smoking ritual.  Some of it makes sense to others, some of it doesn't.  It really just comes down to personal preference.  I personally prefer a straight, shallow cut on a pyramid because I rotate the cigar.  That angle cut would drive me bananas.   

• Like 3

I am an angle cutter as well for like  Ross said directs smoke directly to palate 

41 minutes ago, Engineer99 said:

I believe I've seen that type of cut referred to in a review I once read as a "dickman cut".

I've almost always straight cut 'me, but now that I know this is a "Dickman Cut," I'm sold! LOL

:jester:

• Like 2

I've seen it done, and was told the story about it directing more smoke to the palate.  I don't buy that.  It makes sense to me, though, that it increased the surface area without cutting too far into the cigar thereby minimizing the chance of it unraveling.  Pyramids don't have a triple cap, so there's more of a chance of the wrapper unraveling with a cut too far into the cigar.  Just my humble, and guessing like hell, opinion.   

• Like 3

I'm sold on the V-Cut for Piramides/Pointy head vitolas.  No unravelling at all and great draw.

X2 on the V-Cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I use a Cuban crafters perfect cut exclusively for pyramids and it's perfect every time. Regular cigars I peel the cap with my fingernail or use my knife to carefully take the top off. I keep my knives very sharp... 

• Like 2

X2 on the V-Cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always V cut pyramids!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bundwallah said:

I'm sold on the V-Cut for Piramides/Pointy head vitolas.  No unravelling at all and great draw.

me too, though no one really seems to do this outside of a few of us

• Like 1