Dashcam video shows officer firing 7 shots into Philando Castile car...

So, the police dashcam video footage has been just released earlier today from the Philando Castile shooting in July 2016.  This video hasn't been released until today, due to it being held back as evidence in the officer's trial.

This is the shooting that further enraged things in the U.S. going on with the Black Lives Matter movement, due to it being another unfortunate case of a black male shot and killed by police, but was exacerbated by the fact that Castile had a permit for the legal gun in his possession, and also due to the fact that his girlfriend who was in the vehicle at the time (along with her four-year-old daughter too) actually live-streamed the aftermath of the shooting on Facebook.

The police officer in question, Jeronimo Yanez, was charged with manslaughter after the shooting occurred in the state of Minnesota last summer.  He was just acquitted of all charges just late last week.  Yet, the police department he worked for in the city of St. Anthony has now also decided to terminate him regardless of his acquittal.

Jeronimo Yanez, as the police officer, is a Latino male police officer.  Philando Castile, as the shot and killed driver, was a 32-year-old black male, who worked as an elementary-school cafeteria worker, and had a proper permit to own the firearm that was found in the vehicle with him. 

Yanez's defense pointed to the fact that Castile was high on marijuana at the time of the shooting, as to a reason why he was not listening to the officer's commands, and that Yanez stated that Castile was going for the gun.

So, all that said, here's the link for the video.  Mature subject matter, obviously.  Please use your discretion...

Video here:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dashcam-video-shows-officer-firing-7-shots-into-philando-castile-car-1.4170583

I'm still hammering out all my thoughts, but I'll put them up on my blog and here shortly. 

Poorly trained police officers... Officer was told there was a CCW permit and gun in car....... OK, don't no one move and where is the gun.... Get him out of car and pat him down, find gun and secure it. He had a backup officer, in 23 years as a cop, I've never seen a guy try to take out 2 cops at one time, not to say it hasnt happened before.. I just see horrible tactics.

Whether he he was or wasn't reaching for a firearm will never be known. 

I am puzzled by the need to carry a firearm when in a vehicle with his girlfriend and a 4 year old child?

Irregardless of the fact that had a license to possess a firearm, US gun laws allow for these types of incidents to occur.