I just adopted some Cubans... (picture heavy post)

27 minutes ago, 99call said:

Nice work mate. glad they were good. I think i'm not far off getting my box, just shipping to deal with now :2thumbs:

I'm also glad these delivered. As stated before these were the ones I was most worried about in the lot.

If you like the mild, creamy side of H. Upmann I believe you won't be disappointed. Personally I love that side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I attended a big gala dinner a few weeks ago. Great wine, great food, great friends and off course I´ve brought some good cigars. Standing out smoking a Dip#4 later in the evening I started a con

Un fooking believable!!!! You just hit the lottery bro! Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HdM DC Beautiful stick. Lucky I'm not pregnant... Anyone know the date? OISS  CFGOS  According to NIVELACUSO "OI" should be February, but what about "SS"? CFG

That's the first post I am reading in this forum since my registration and I have to admin that I am blown away.

The oldest stogie I've ever smoked was a SLR Lonsdale back from 1999, that was truly phenomenal. But this? W-O-W! So many great and also aged cigars!

Hope you are well and can enjoy the most out of them!

Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had the great pleasure of receiving a large selection of these from the generous OP. Haven't had anything to smoke for almost 48 hours so my palate is as clean as it will be for the next few months ;). Decided to go with the JL Corona (SCO MAY00), never had this discontinued ('06?) vitola however.

First third, black pepper with earth. Perfect draw. Flavors full from the beginning. Floral notes appear out of nowhere for a good centimeter, the pepper on the finish is so well balanced.20170913_191017.thumb.jpg.2613f3e4f4372527ce9c698e0db624ee.jpg20170913_191802.thumb.jpg.92f9cf61ab97ec9618f427020778b680.jpg
Second third, the earth is there but less pronounced, more peaty. Green pepper or almost jalapeño-like now, its spicy and lingers, tongue-tickling. Vegetables and herbs.20170913_192955.thumb.jpg.1bb5a1f024a7c4c1e1bce5787ffbf324.jpg
Final third sticks with the goodness of the second but easier to distinguish. Root vegetables. They dominate with the green pepper, now both on the front and retro. The taste lingers for what seems like forever. Towards the very end they dissipate but the after taste is still fantastic.

20170913_195544.thumb.jpg.4b77484808416c14e115b65857dc4556.jpg

Thank you again @mkz for this treat. The best JL I've ever smoked, best cigar of the trip. Can't wait for what the other ones will have in store!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, encephalization said:

Thank you again @mkz for this treat. The best JL I've ever smoked, best cigar of the trip. Can't wait for what the other ones will have in store!

Cheers mate! Glad to share some of these gems. My first experience with these was ok, but later on they just got better and better. Please keep on posting your experiences! 

:ok:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! YOu were in the right place at the right time man.

Great haul.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had another cigar from this treasure chest last week. The LFdC Selectos, 1999.

Of the three I've had, this was the biggest disappointment so far (maybe partly because I think La Flor de Cano is a great underdog cigar). It was just very flat to begin with, airstick. I kept at it (of course) and in the final third it started kicking. Great flavors but contained in a short space unfortunately. May be passed its prime but still a privilege to smoke.49c39cbdd978aea33d6dbffaec72f64e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, encephalization said:

Had another cigar from this treasure chest last week. The LFdC Selectos, 1999.

Of the three I've had, this was the biggest disappointment so far (maybe partly because I think La Flor de Cano is a great underdog cigar). It was just very flat to begin with, airstick. I kept at it (of course) and in the final third it started kicking. Great flavors but contained in a short space unfortunately. May be passed its prime but still a privilege to smoke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Always a pleasure when you are checking in on these! :)

The aged Selectos has been a rather dull experience for me too.

Some has been decent and ok. But others has been like "meh?".

The remnants of this box is my yard-cigar.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mkz said:

Always a pleasure when you are checking in on these! :)

The aged Selectos has been a rather dull experience for me too.

Some has been decent and ok. But others has been like "meh?".

The remnants of this box is my yard-cigar.

Only a Göteborgare would have a 20-year old Cuban as a yard-cigar. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, topdiesel said:

mkz,

Out of curiosity, are you still in touch with the man who gifted you the cigars?  I bet he would enjoy reading this thread and seeing all of the joy his cigars have brought the smoking community worldwide.

I meet him quite regulary since we are members of the same order.

Always bring a smile to his face when I tell him about how the cigars are developing. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2017-12-02 at 8:47 PM, encephalization said:

Jeez, this was soo good. Didn't end up taking notes because I just wanted to enjoy something I had never smoked before. Second half may have been the best thing I've smoked this year. 

Glad these are coming around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I love this thread, you lucky ********.

I’m only acquainted with Cohibas and several local cigars (i don’t like the latter).

Not trying to be rude, but are you willing to share some extras to try ?

Please pm if you do.

• Confused 1

• 3 years later...