Encuentros Partagas - Havana Trip, Nov 2017?????

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2017 at 8:49 PM, CanuckSARTech said:

So...

Who's going / interested?

The plans are starting on this end...(yup, the Mrs gave her "blessing" today, LOL).

I can't believe it took me a week to see this.

I AM IN!

I started planning when I was still in Havana last November! I am looking to spend that week and the next in Cuba. The first week in/around Havana, the second in Pinar and some combination of Trinidad/Santiago de Cuba/Guntanamo. No flights or accommodations booked yet, but we are getting close to that time. My plan is to leave the morning after the 1 year anniversary of El Commandante's demise. I missed it by a few days last year. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 11:42 AM, Corylax18 said:

I missed it by a few days last year. 

...I'm of the option we some how caused it. Most likely due to local air quality issues created by the Aussies, Canucks, Brits and Yankees.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 10:49 PM, CanuckSARTech said:

So...

Who's going / interested?

The plans are starting on this end...(yup, the Mrs gave her "blessing" today, LOL).

Is this a group trip that i can join? 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2017 at 8:08 AM, Ethernut said:

...I'm of the option we some how caused it. Most likely due to local air quality issues created by the Aussies, Canucks, Brits and Yankees.

We drank all his medicinal rum.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2017 at 9:03 AM, smokealot said:

Is this a group trip that i can join? 

Nothing official yet. I know that there are going to be quite a few of us planning to be down there for that week of the Partagas Festival. As I stated above, I will also be spending the week after exploring the rest of the island with some friends/family. 

I don't have anything booked yet and my email to partagas regarding tickets to the event has gone unanswered as of right now. If you are interested in making the trip, keep your eye on this thread. Things should start to shake out soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Kelly and I are going down 11th-18th, plan to explore a little more outside Habana but will be around. See you there!

• Like 1

Lets start getting something planned! I will be in Cuba November 12 - 25. Havana from Nov 12th to the 18th or 19th, then exploring the country from there. Hopefully a night or two a Hector Luis' FInca, then a flight out east to visit Commendancia de La Plata and for some Snorkeling and Sport Fishing. 

I think @nino, @Avrus, and @oliverdst are also planning to be in Havana around the same time. I haven't heard back from Partagas yet about Tickets for the festival, but we should be able to plan something around it. Lunch on the 13th or 14th or dinner on the 15th would all work around the Partagas schedule. Now the hard part, finding a respectable establishment that will take in this bunch. :D

• Thanks 1

For anybody going, here's the official list of events, dates and prices for Partagas 2017.

Monday 13, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Accreditation at La Casa del Habano Partagas. (i.e. buy tickets for events)

Tuesday 14, 7:00 pm Welcome Dinner. Habana Libre hotel. Cigars, rum and show. 150 CUC

Wednesday 15, 9:00 am Beach Day, Club Habana, beach, lunch, cigars and rum. 80 CUC

Thursday 16, 7:00am Day at the countryside. Visit to rum factories in Santiago. 300 CUC. 
*This price must include flights (I'm guessing). The train takes 13 hours.

Friday 17, 7 pm Gala Dinner. El Laguito Protocolo room. Dinner, cigars, rum, awards and auction. 250 CUC
*This is a much nicer room than the opening night room in the Habana Libre, unless they have the opener in the lobby of the Habana Libre which they did in 2011. That was pleasant enough.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2017 at 12:50 PM, Corylax18 said:

Lets start getting something planned! I will be in Cuba November 12 - 25. Havana from Nov 12th to the 18th or 19th, then exploring the country from there. Hopefully a night or two a Hector Luis' FInca, then a flight out east to visit Commendancia de La Plata and for some Snorkeling and Sport Fishing. 

I think @nino, @Avrus, and @oliverdst are also planning to be in Havana around the same time. I haven't heard back from Partagas yet about Tickets for the festival, but we should be able to plan something around it. Lunch on the 13th or 14th or dinner on the 15th would all work around the Partagas schedule. Now the hard part, finding a respectable establishment that will take in this bunch. :D

Yes, I am planning but I learnt that after a 7 years marriage and a 5 years old boy things are not easy anymore.

Now when I want to travel I buy the ticket and start planning the trip.

If I plan and afterwards buy the ticket probably things will not work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

For anybody going, here's the official list of events, dates and prices for Partagas 2017.

Monday 13, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Accreditation at La Casa del Habano Partagas. (i.e. buy tickets for events)

Tuesday 14, 7:00 pm Welcome Dinner. Habana Libre hotel. Cigars, rum and show. 150 CUC

Wednesday 15, 9:00 am Beach Day, Club Habana, beach, lunch, cigars and rum. 80 CUC

Thursday 16, 7:00am Day at the countryside. Visit to rum factories in Santiago. 300 CUC. 
*This price must include flights (I'm guessing). The train takes 13 hours.

Friday 17, 7 pm Gala Dinner. El Laguito Protocolo room. Dinner, cigars, rum, awards and auction. 250 CUC
*This is a much nicer room than the opening night room in the Habana Libre, unless they have the opener in the lobby of the Habana Libre which they did in 2011. That was pleasant enough.

If I wasn't already planning to head out to SdC later in my trip, I would probably do the entire event. 300 CUC for a RT flight to ScD, a Rum Tasting, and Lunch is not a bad deal. I'm gunna try to call the shop later today to reserve my tickets. Apparently their email address isn't recognized by Google our outlooks servers anymore!  

If I wasn't already planning to head out to SdC later in my trip, I would probably do the entire event. 300 CUC for a RT flight to ScD, a Rum Tasting, and Lunch is not a bad deal. I'm gunna try to call the shop later today to reserve my tickets. Apparently their email address isn't recognized by Google our outlooks servers anymore!  
Ad3cbddf1197cd1622b63a721c1d953697.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I know there will be a couple of us going from Vancouver. I had a blast last year and took in all but one event, but will be down with my Wife and more focussed on visiting Cuban friends and sightseeing, so only plan for sure on taking in the opening night dinner. For me it was the best event.

• Like 1

I haven't been to the Partagas Festival before, nor Cuba, for that matter. Can a fellow FoH member enlighten me on how to get tickets for the events? Do you have to call the LCDH Partgas store and reserve your tickets and pay in CUC when you pick them up on Monday, November 13th? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week away now! Who's confirmed?

We're there 10th-18th and look forward to catching up and smoking with all the FOH crew that make it down.

• Like 2