FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 - Official Thread!

42 minutes ago, Onsto said:

The box is leaving beautiful BC and is on its way to Alberta, arriving Tuesday. Clearly these Cubans like the Stampede!

Thanks for all the effort required to set this up and run it Chris. It's always a bunch of fun. 

Thanks mate, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Next up is @ComancheKeen, followed by a couple of Montreal gents in @shlomo and @treberty!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been stopping by this thread now and again to see how you all have been moving along. I must say, the whole thing looks like it was put together by a military engineer... -LOL ( wait a second,

Alright gents, box has arrived safely in the USA. Was a hot day on arrival so i made sure to take it right out of the 90 degree heat and put directly in the freezer to cool it off ??? My put/takes

I decided to re package the pass box. Nothing wrong with how it was packaged really just needed a refresh and it was kind of bulging at the seams. Chris asked me to post pics to show people what I d

Hi folks,

Before I post my puts/takes I need to post a few pictures. The box pass arrived today and although there was no damage to the outer shell a few cigars inside had been "box pressed" by the lid of the boxes they were in. Neither of the cigars had wrapper damage as a result of this but the foot of the cigars was flattened a bit.

The Cuaba Piramide LE 2008 had the worst squeeze. I managed to reform the foot enough to fit it into a Siglo VI Tubo for a little extra protection. Unfortunately the Siglo VI Tubo is just a hair too short for the cigar so can someone down the road please replace this Tubos with one of the proper size. I have moved the lid of the tubo to a "snug" location for the cigar and taped it down so it shouldn't slide down anymore. I left a note inside the 5 finger bag to be careful with this cigar and especially with the tubo and cap! 

IMG_2324.thumb.JPG.ff19ef51a9634ac5eede58ef75730514.JPG

IMG_2325.thumb.JPG.228828582be2256b5b9ae64f7c24e6a2.JPG

IMG_2326.thumb.JPG.b68086f9a4310531309f801bb2fc2684.JPG

IMG_2329.thumb.JPG.b9ca5fe9e7fe021ae4b9920276d8d84b.JPG

IMG_2330.thumb.JPG.14d6f9a96d3c4d0dd827cd3a90dd9868.JPG

The other cigar that had similar damage was the 02' Partagas Corona but thankfully it wasn't squished quite as bad. I have repacked this cigar into a Bolivar No. 1 Tubo and labeled it on the outside of the tube.

IMG_2331.thumb.JPG.fbdf9c496c82a36d57b324448c1c9149.JPG

IMG_2332.thumb.JPG.44685ea4fab4ae32edaea4afc35c862c.JPG

Unfortunately I've got nothing similar in terms of age/rarity/category to replace these with otherwise I would work them into my puts/takes.

Any additional packing tips for these are welcome. 

• Like 1

Thanks for brining this forward for us @ComancheKeen - the box pass must be pretty tight packed to start squishing sticks like that (I think we had some bigger sticks go in for some smaller ones).  One of the next few guys on the pass are requested to replace one of the internal cigar boxes with a bigger one - that should alleviate the congestion in there.

At least the wrapper isn't damaged, a little rest in the tubo and they should be good to go! 

This happens sometimes in the Box Pass - it outgrows the internal boxes (or the overall packing box) as cigars go in and out and the packing degrades from continuous use.  Remember that if you find these conditions, I ask that you please replace inner or outside boxes are required to keep the cigars safe!  Many thanks guys!

• Like 1

Ok time to get down to business. Sorry no time tonight for posting pictures of boxes with the codes if you want to take a look at them feel free to PM me. I also have to grab the code tomorrow for one of my Puts as the box itself is at my Dad's place. Thanks for putting this together Chris!

Takes

La Escepcion Selectos Finos RE Italia LEM OCT 11

Diplomaticos No. 4 OPM FEB 09

ERDM Infantes RE Cuba LAR MAY 13

Diplomaticos Excelencia RE Cuba SGA DIC 15

Robaina Farm Roll Torpedo Nov 13

IMG_2327.thumb.JPG.d59a0b01fb7e48b095789161ea93fdef.JPG

Puts

Diplomaticos Bushido (Czar) RE Asia Pacifico TOS OCT 15

Cohiba Siglo IV LUS NOV 09

Ramon Allones Gordito de Allones RE Canada 2010 (Will update with code tomorrow) EDIT - LRE ABR 10

San Luis Rey Marquez RE Cuba SGA OCT 16

Alejandro (Alex) Churchill - Comodoro, Havana April 2017

IMG_2333.thumb.JPG.70868bc2ec7e3cc811eee09c1f67c8bc.JPG

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ComancheKeen said:

Ok time to get down to business. Sorry no time tonight for posting pictures of boxes with the codes if you want to take a look at them feel free to PM me. I also have to grab the code tomorrow for one of my Puts as the box itself is at my Dad's place. Thanks for putting this together Chris!

Takes

La Escepcion Selectos Finos RE Italia LEM OCT 11

Diplomaticos No. 4 OPM FEB 09

ERDM Infantes RE Cuba LAR MAY 13

Diplomaticos Excelencia RE Cuba SGA DIC 15

Robaina Farm Roll Torpedo Nov 13

IMG_2327.thumb.JPG.d59a0b01fb7e48b095789161ea93fdef.JPG

Puts

Diplomaticos Bushido (Czar) RE Asia Pacifico TOS OCT 15

Cohiba Siglo IV LUS NOV 09

Ramon Allones Gordito de Allones RE Canada 2010 (Will update with code tomorrow)

San Luis Rey Marquez RE Cuba SGA OCT 16

Alejandro (Alex) Churchill - Comodoro, Havana April 2017

IMG_2333.thumb.JPG.70868bc2ec7e3cc811eee09c1f67c8bc.JPG

Pus/Takes Approved! Well done mate! Thanks for the patience in addressing the squished ones!

• Like 1

Box pass will be moving onto @shlomo this afternoon. 

Please note - Space within this box is very limited. I had to add a few of the pass cigars into the "gift/side trades" box to alleviate space in the two main boxes to allow them to close comfortably.

I also rearranged a few cigars in the finger bags so they have more uniform size within the bags. This allowed me to stack and stagger the cigars more comfortably within the boxes. This now means that the labels on some of the bags "regular/discontinued/RE/LE" now mean nothing. It was a sacrifice that had to be made for the sake of protection of the cigars.

If anyone is able to replace one of the cigar boxes with a larger box please do so. This also may mean changing the outer cardboard mailing box as it is quite tightly packed as it is.

As mentioned in my previous post, the Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo (which contains the 2008 Cuaba LE) needs to be replaced with appropriate sized Piramide Tubo.

To summerize

- space is limited

- two cigars (Cuaba LE and Partagas Corona) are now in Cohiba and Bolivar Tubos for protection purposes. See my previous post for details.

- "gift box" now contains normal pass cigars

- categorical labels on some finger bags now mean squat

Clear as mud? Thanks again to Chris for putting this on!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ComancheKeen said:

Box pass will be moving onto @shlomo this afternoon. 

Please note - Space within this box is very limited. I had to add a few of the pass cigars into the "gift/side trades" box to alleviate space in the two main boxes to allow them to close comfortably.

I also rearranged a few cigars in the finger bags so they have more uniform size within the bags. This allowed me to stack and stagger the cigars more comfortably within the boxes. This now means that the labels on some of the bags "regular/discontinued/RE/LE" now mean nothing. It was a sacrifice that had to be made for the sake of protection of the cigars.

If anyone is able to replace one of the cigar boxes with a larger box please do so. This also may mean changing the outer cardboard mailing box as it is quite tightly packed as it is.

As mentioned in my previous post, the Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo (which contains the 2008 Cuaba LE) needs to be replaced with appropriate sized Piramide Tubo.

To summerize

- space is limited

- two cigars (Cuaba LE and Partagas Corona) are now in Cohiba and Bolivar Tubos for protection purposes. See my previous post for details.

- "gift box" now contains normal pass cigars

- categorical labels on some finger bags now mean squat

Clear as mud? Thanks again to Chris for putting this on!

Thanks again for packing it carefully and efficiently!  Really appreciate it mate!

OK guys, Chris and I have been back a forth a bunch trying to work the trades out. If anybody has an issue with the trade, please post and I will gladly modify.

Takes:

Montecristo Sublime EL

Cohiba Pyramid

SLR Marquez RE

Punch Petit Punch (Disc)

Juan Lopez 1

Puts:

BHK 52 (2010)

RyJ Duke EL

ERDM Infantes RE

Diplomatico 5 (Disc)

Bolivar RC (2007)

• Like 3

As the person who put the Sublimes in, I'd be a little disappointed to see if leave the pass and nothing with the same degree of 'can't find / want to try' put back in. The French Libertador I took out is a very hard to find stick these days, and so is the Sublimes, at least at 'sensible pricing'. 

Everything else looks fine to me though. Just one persons opinion...

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't see the 2010 BHK 52 for the Sublime. Taking aside FB pricing, 2010 BHK 52 doesn't have the rarity of a Monte Sublime. I feel it should be some HTF cigar like Mag 50 LE or HDM Piramides LE or something like that. You see 2010 BHK being posted a ton but hardly ever see Monte Sublimes. Just my opinion though.

The bottom 3 look decent--likely weighted in the box passes' favor, but it seems to me a trade of any BHK and a Duke for a Monte Sublimes and a CPE is a bit skewed.  As Onsto and Boosted have said the Monte Sublimes should take an extremely special EL for a swap.  BHK or Duke just isn't that stick.  It's more of an availability issue than anything to me.  Not really objecting just putting in my 2 cents as was asked.  

Edited by zeedubbya
POSTED AT SAME TIME AS UPDATED LIST

9 hours ago, shlomo said:

Cool. Sublime and Duke out. I guess I overvalued 2010 BHK...

TAKE: 

Cohiba Pyramid

SLR Marquez RE

Punch Petit Punch (Disc)

Juan Lopez 1

PUT:

BHK 2010

ERDM Infantes

Diplo 5

Boli RC

This looks good now, @shlomo - once you've got some pics/codes up, I can officially approve it!

• Like 1

Cohiba BHK 52 - TEU JUN 10

ERDM Infantes RE Cuba - LAR AGO 13

Bolivar Royal Corona - TEB JUN 07

Diplomatico #5 - OPM MAR 09

If you guys want pics of boxes let me know. I have them all except maybe the BRC.

thumbnail_20170715_132427.jpg

Guest Nekhyludov
38 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

4 stops in and it is escalating quickly.  I hope I have something worthwhile to contribute in 25 stops.

My thoughts exactly. :hole:

3 hours ago, shlomo said:

Cohiba BHK 52 - TEU JUN 10

ERDM Infantes RE Cuba - LAR AGO 13

Bolivar Royal Corona - TEB JUN 07

Diplomatico #5 - OPM MAR 09

If you guys want pics of boxes let me know. I have them all except maybe the BRC.

thumbnail_20170715_132427.jpg

Thanks @shlomo, Puts/takes Approved.  I would like a better picture of the cigars if you can - can't see the foot for the BRC and BHK, and the quality is pretty grainy.

Otherwise, all good, and the box gets hand-passed to @treberty tomorrow!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topdiesel said:

4 stops in and it is escalating quickly.  I hope I have something worthwhile to contribute in 25 stops.

2 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

My thoughts exactly. :hole:

Guys, not to worry, there is plenty of cigars at all levels, and should remain that way throughout.  If the quality threshold for the cigars gets way too high for members to reach (which may happen for some cigars naturally but certainly not the majority or all cigars in the pass), I may just have a member add some more Regular/RE stock that is within reach, and I'll just pay that member back for the cigars.

Just a thought I came up with now, but if the overall quality line gets too high, we can consider it. I just don't think we'll get so far that you won't have anything in there to trade for :)