FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 - Official Thread!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been stopping by this thread now and again to see how you all have been moving along. I must say, the whole thing looks like it was put together by a military engineer... -LOL ( wait a second,

Alright gents, box has arrived safely in the USA. Was a hot day on arrival so i made sure to take it right out of the 90 degree heat and put directly in the freezer to cool it off ??? My put/takes

I decided to re package the pass box. Nothing wrong with how it was packaged really just needed a refresh and it was kind of bulging at the seams. Chris asked me to post pics to show people what I d

Browsing around for valuation purposes it would appear it is going to take a monumental Put to get an approval on the 109.  Obviously Chris is the final decision maker, but the prospect of it being in my hands is starting to make them a bit sweaty.  Which would screw up the (presumed perfect) moisture content of the cigar if I touch it--Ahhhhhh!  

:unsure:

• Like 2

... so you have seen some cigars! It is just like me being in the box pass, they have to be put in there somewhere. There will be more cigars, others, likely betters, you guys just don't know them yet...!

I have just responded to an email from @ChanceSchmerr and I will work with him to inject them faster. You need to understand I am lazy...! -LOL

Some of you may not know Chris very well. He is a top-notch character and a guy I call my friend. Not to mention he is an f'n hero in my book for defending liberty at home and abroad. That means something to me. I cannot do enough for him...! Many of you know, that I know what I am talking about here. Others, listen and learn. The man is a class act! Frankly, I would not do this for just anyone!!!

Oh, and after reading @zeedubbya notes. This is why I included some tasting notes on the cigar. Folks, it is just a cigar! Please don't put a too high a value on it. I have smoked some really good ones and some bland ones. The last one I actually remember smoking was in '04 (there about). Don't mortgage the home on it...! If age is your thing, I have owned that cigar awhile. I want to say that I got it about '97 (don't fully recall). I am pretty sure that it came via the FO or State Dept. (whatever they call it down there) of Panama (but won't swear to it). That is about all I care to speculate on.

It is more of an oddity than a great cigar, my peculiar tastes notwithstanding. (MHO).

Cheers mates! -Ray

• Like 3

Ray, you are a true gentleman, thank you my friend!

Everyone, I've discussed with Ray, here's what we'll do.  To make sure we get Ray's cigars into the Pass in an expedient manner, he will be sending them to @Erm310mce
I'm also going to flip Erm's slot with @joeypots, so that Erm can get them into the box pass faster and can also work out an in-person handoff with Nekhyludov, who will be away for much of late August.

For the two guys who will get the box before Ray's cigars are included - @CatchNReleaseand @zulubravo- If you are interested in trading for one or more of Ray's cigars, you still can, and if your trade is approved, then Erm will be happy to send you the cigar you traded for once he has it from Ray.

Of course - I must apologize to the Canadian (and American) brothers who already did their trades before Ray's cigars were included, that they never got a chance for them.  That's the luck of the Box Pass, the first few always get first pick, but the last few sometimes get more interesting cigars too.  Don't forget - Ray is on the Isle of Man. If he was actually in the box pass, his cigars would be going in at the very end anyway.  At least this way many more guys will get a shot at them!

So the updated Box Pass route is as follows:

USA                              State                      Box Received            Box Sent off                                      
9. ChefBoyRG54       Michigan                         29 July                       1 Aug
10. Zulubravo              New York
11. CatchNRelease     New Hampshire
Erm310mce           Massachusetts
13. Nekhyludov           Massachusetts
14. Joeypots              Massachusetts
15. Tave1225               Rhode Island

and on as before.

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Works for me! Thanks Chris.

I'll touch base with @Erm310mce when the box gets close.

And FWIW, no one needs to worry about me snagging the 109 - my entire inventory wouldn't cover that trade and I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway :lol:

18 minutes ago, zulubravo said:

I'm boring. Put is the CORO taking the 8-9-8. Can't hang with you high rollers!e31d749cec6112797459b694a52fe934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@zulubravo Mate, please check your email - There's lots at every level to choose from, I'm sure we can get you more than one trade.  It's not even worth the postage otherwise!

52 minutes ago, zulubravo said:

I'm boring. Put is the CORO taking the 8-9-8. Can't hang with you high rollers!

This trade (which is a good and generous trade!) is Approved.  zulubravo may consider additional trades before sending the box out tomorrow, but if he can't, this one is good. 

28 minutes ago, zulubravo said:

@ChanceSchmerr
I've taken more time to pick more trades (thank you). Takes on left puts on right. Let me know if there are any issues. I'll have it out first thing in the morning.
2ba467e4cda650a460011648c14393fe.jpg

@zulubravo, these look great mate - puts/ takes Approved!

All I ask is that you send me those Box Codes for your puts before you send out the box!

Thanks mate!

Update for all - we had a 24 hr delay for Zulubravo getting the box out in the mail, as a previous Box Pass Member had actually forgotten to take his Takes out of the Box Pass before sending them out....so we had to make sure we had everything straight before sending it out (and sending him his forgotten cigars!)

A reminder to all - make sure you actually take your Takes before sending out the pass. B)

Also an amendment to @zulubravo's posted takes, as the Diplomaticos #2 was actually left in by mistake, that has been replaced as a take with the LGC Medaille D'Oro No.2

Onwards to @CatchNRelease!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

a previous Box Pass Member had actually forgotten to take his Takes out of the Box Pass before sending them out....so we had to make sure we had everything straight before sending it out (and sending him his forgotten cigars!)

A reminder to all - make sure you actually take your Takes before sending out the pass. B)

That is hilarious.  Sounds like something I would do.

• Like 2

All right gentlemen, I got my trades all squared away with our fearless leader and I'll be sending the package on to the next brother tomorrow.

Puts:
Montecristo especial from 2012
PL encantos
SCDLH La Fuerza
Juan Lopez Sel #2
H Upmann Mag 56 2015 LE

Takes:
Monsdale custom roll
Fonseca #1
Cuaba Pyramid LE
RG Asia Pacific RE
PL picodores

e1a97f03989fd51f7e4a502aefc753cd.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CatchNRelease said:

All right gentlemen, I got my trades all squared away with our fearless leader and I'll be sending the package on to the next brother tomorrow.

Puts:
Montecristo especial from 2012
PL encantos
SCDLH La Fuerza
Juan Lopez Sel #2
H Upmann Mag 56 2015 LE

Takes:
Monsdale custom roll
Fonseca #1
Cuaba Pyramid LE
RG Asia Pacific RE
PL picodores

e1a97f03989fd51f7e4a502aefc753cd.jpg

Looks good mate! Trades Approved!

Do you have Box codes Or years for any of your Puts? Let me know and I will update the Contents list on page 1.

Thanks @CatchNRelease!

• Like 1

Good morning everyone,

Looks like the Box will be landing for me today, here is my proposal for Puts and Takes:

Puts:

Punch Petite Punch OPM 2009 OCT

H Upmann Connoisseur A TOR 2016 ABR

RASS TEB 2007 SEP

Ramon Allones Libano Regional Beritus MUA 2009 SEP

Ramon Allones Libano Regional Suhr AUM 2015 JUNE

Takes:

Dip#5 OPM 2009 MAR

Upmann Mag 54 MEG 2016 SEP

BRC TEB 2007

RA Gorditos LRE 2009 ABR

La Escepcion Italia LEM 2011 SEP

And, sorry for the lousy pics :)

large_PPP.JPG.683b4bcbee6fa49e32fb6f8ddc30b83f.JPGlarge.598ee35e06256_ConnieA.JPG.54253a758bd3204a8120cc224e94dd41.JPGlarge_Rass.JPG.c01c8b32744e2b577dfacb9e343ea2be.JPGlarge.Beritus.JPG.de5d2ebc76d77a9c709f77a1cb30d550.JPGlarge_Suhr.JPG.2cf5a6351bf7433e154f20aeeddb0001.JPGlarge.598ee32a21918_All5.JPG.5ab5d34fc847c8364da49be268401b0c.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erm310mce said:

Good morning everyone,

Looks like the Box will be landing for me today, here is my proposal for Puts and Takes:

Puts:

Punch Petite Punch OPM 2009 OCT

H Upmann Connoisseur A TOR 2016 ABR

RASS TEB 2007 SEP

Ramon Allones Libano Regional Beritus MUA 2009 SEP

Ramon Allones Libano Regional Suhr AUM 2015 JUNE

Takes:

Dip#5 OPM 2009 MAR

Upmann Mag 54 MEG 2016 SEP

BRC TEB 2007

RA Gorditos LRE 2009 ABR

La Escepcion Italia LEM 2011 SEP

And, sorry for the lousy pics :)

large_PPP.JPG.683b4bcbee6fa49e32fb6f8ddc30b83f.JPGlarge.598ee35e06256_ConnieA.JPG.54253a758bd3204a8120cc224e94dd41.JPGlarge_Rass.JPG.c01c8b32744e2b577dfacb9e343ea2be.JPGlarge.Beritus.JPG.de5d2ebc76d77a9c709f77a1cb30d550.JPGlarge_Suhr.JPG.2cf5a6351bf7433e154f20aeeddb0001.JPGlarge.598ee32a21918_All5.JPG.5ab5d34fc847c8364da49be268401b0c.JPG

Some great trades here, Erm! Trades Approved !  There is a lovely injection of Ramon Allones coming into the pass,great to see! :D

• Like 1