FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 - Official Thread!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been stopping by this thread now and again to see how you all have been moving along. I must say, the whole thing looks like it was put together by a military engineer... -LOL ( wait a second,

Alright gents, box has arrived safely in the USA. Was a hot day on arrival so i made sure to take it right out of the 90 degree heat and put directly in the freezer to cool it off ??? My put/takes

I decided to re package the pass box. Nothing wrong with how it was packaged really just needed a refresh and it was kind of bulging at the seams. Chris asked me to post pics to show people what I d

48 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Very nice Zeedinbya.
Great pass, glad to have been a part of it.
Just catching up here.
Chris I am getting something out to you tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to hear you enjoyed it mate - How was that El Morro from the Daily Smoke thread?
Thanks brother - I have some sticks to send out your way this week too!

The box landed in North Carolina yesterday. Took a good long look at all the treasures in there and narrowed my selection down to just five. Puts/takes have been approved by Chris and the box is now on its way down to Sean (hopefully before Irma gets there).

Takes:

Punch Churchill 05
Monsdale
ED Conde 54 RE Mexico
SLR Double Corona
Trinidad Fundadores 98

IMG_7197.thumb.jpg.432ce6b538aaaec68bc16d795c27a29e.jpg

Puts:

H Upmann Monarch A/T PUT MAY 05
Alex from Hotel Comodoro Custom Torpedo
Diplomaticos Bushido RE Asia (Rob) TOS AGO 15
Cohiba Lanceros 05 (from Rob--poker win)
Davidoff No 2 A/T 86

IMG_7196.thumb.jpg.c3c8573d609a9850da752dac0b46371c.jpg

Thanks to Chris for a great pass and thanks to all for your great contributions--these are always a lot of fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsummers157 said:

The bopictured in North Carolina yesterdook a good long look at all th e treasures in there and narrowed my selection down to just five. Puts/takes have been approved by Chris and the box is now on its way down to Sean (hopefully before Irma gets there).

Takes:

Punch Churchill 05
Monsdale
ED Conde 54 RE Mexico
SLR Double Corona
Trinidad Fundadores 98

IMG_7197.thumb.jpg.432ce6b538aaaec68bc16d795c27a29e.jpg

Puts:

H Upmann Monarch A/T PUT MAY 05
Alex from Hotel Comodoro Custom Torpedo
Diplomaticos Bushido RE Asia (Rob) TOS AGO 15
Cohiba Lanceros 05 (from Rob--poker win)
Davidoff No 2 A/T 86

IMG_7196.thumb.jpg.c3c8573d609a9850da752dac0b46371c.jpg

Thanks to Chris for a great pass and thanks to all for your great contributions--these are always a lot of fun!

Thanks mate - Trade Approved!. I Appreciate the quick shipment to @Newkarian! Hopefully we can avoid the hurricane with the next trade!

A note for all - when putting a tubos in the pass, please remove the Cigar from the tube when taking the picture, we need to see the cigar itself!

Here are my proposed puts and takes as discussed with Chris.  The box is safe and sound and will be evacuated with my family if it comes to that. Will have it shipped out on Monday.  Also including an extra for the pass, a little LGC love.  Is a 2012 box from czar but unfortunately lost the cardboard outer and box code.

Puts

Trinidad Robusto T MSO NOV 09

SLR Pacificos MOS JUL 09 RE PCC czar HQ 2182/4000

SCDH EL Morro AME DIC12  czar psp

SCDH Officios 2006 lcdh discontinued

Diplomatico No2 TOS DIC 15 czar psp

Takes

Montecristo A  SEA OCT 16

Partagas Lusitania LMA MAR 11

Juan Lopez Seleccion No 1

Mag 46 regular not tubo

RA Belicoso RE

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_5381.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Newkarian said:

Here are my proposed puts and takes as discussed with Chris.  The box is safe and sound and will be evacuated with my family if it comes to that. Will have it shipped out on Monday.  Also including an extra for the pass, a little LGC love.  Is a 2012 box from czar but unfortunately lost the cardboard outer and box code.

Puts

Trinidad Robusto T MSO NOV 09

SLR Pacificos MOS JUL 09 RE PCC czar HQ 2182/4000

SCDH EL Morro AME DIC12  czar psp

SCDH Officios 2006 lcdh discontinued

Diplomatico No2 TOS DIC 15 czar psp

Takes

Montecristo A  SEA OCT 16

Partagas Lusitania LMA MAR 11

Juan Lopez Seleccion No 1

Mag 46 regular not tubo

RA Belicoso RE

Thanks @Newkarian, Puts/takes Approved! Keep safe mate!

Hey guys. I got the box today and everything looks great. Chance is amassing a nice sized gift box for all of his troubles which I happily added to. 

As discussed with @ChanceSchmerr, here are my puts (top) and takes (bottom):

Puts:

H. Upmann PC - MEG MAR 2016

Bolivar PC - Unknown box code - 2015

RyJ PC - OPG FEB 2015

Cab RASS - ETP MAR 2016

Monte #2 - PMS ABR 2015

Takes:

JL #2 - BOR ENE 2016

PSD4 - SUB NOV 2011

Bolivar Tubos #1 - ULA MAR 2015

Dip #2 - TOS DEC 2015

FOH Swap.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SloppyJ said:

Hey guys. I got the box today and everything looks great. Chance is amassing a nice sized gift box for all of his troubles which I happily added to. 

As discussed with @ChanceSchmerr, here are my puts (top) and takes (bottom):

Puts:

H. Upmann PC - MEG MAR 2016

Bolivar PC - Unknown box code - 2015

RyJ PC - OPG FEB 2015

Cab RASS - ETP MAR 2016

Monte #2 - PMS ABR 2015

Takes:

JL #2 - BOR ENE 2016

PSD4 - SUB NOV 2011

Bolivar Tubos #1 - ULA MAR 2015

Dip #2 - TOS DEC 2015

Thanks @SloppyJ, Trades Approved!

Folks, to be clear - The box pass has got a great selection of everything except PC's right now - pretty much all the Petit Coronas are gone from the pass, so I asked SloppyJ to put in a 2-for-1 trade, with two PC's going in for the PSD4.  Normally, 2-for-1's are not allowed, but in this case to get more PC's into the pass, I allowed it.

• Like 1

Also, a huge shout out to @Tave1225 for throwing in an entire ERDM box for everyone to sample. That was super generous and I didn't see it mentioned in the thread yet (i could have missed it). Thank you brother!! 

I just got the go ahead from Chris to forward the box to @boopdeep. Get ready, It's heading your way this afternoon. 

The entire pass and the generosity shown by the group has meant a lot to me. It's awesome to see that there are still some great people left in this world. Thank you for letting me participate with my more juvenile cigar collection. Some of you guys have got some serious stock. I'm jealous. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SloppyJ said:

Also, a huge shout out to @Tave1225 for throwing in an entire ERDM box for everyone to sample. That was super generous and I didn't see it mentioned in the thread yet (i could have missed it). Thank you brother!! 

I just got the go ahead from Chris to forward the box to @boopdeep. Get ready, It's heading your way this afternoon. 

The entire pass and the generosity shown by the group has meant a lot to me. It's awesome to see that there are still some great people left in this world. Thank you for letting me participate with my more juvenile cigar collection. Some of you guys have got some serious stock. I'm jealous. 

@Tave1225, that was extraordinarily generous - thanks for adding that in to the pass for everyone!  A fantastic gesture, in the best form of Box Pass Generosity :) 

Yes indeed - I am really glad that @boopdeep.can continue with us, after all that Hurricane Harvey threw his way in Houston.  Thanks for sticking with us, brother!

Lastly, Boosted has had some technical difficulties, but he's back in contact now and he'll be in the pass after the Houston crew, before we continue to AZ and California!

Very awesome gesture indeed! I almost mentioned it when I re packaged the box but decided to just keep it a secret. @tave1225 I was shocked to open up a dress box I thought contained more pass sticks and saw a full box of ERDM. Great job.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zeedubbya said:

Very awesome gesture indeed! I almost mentioned it when I re packaged the box but decided to just keep it a secret. @tave1225 I was shocked to open up a dress box I thought contained more pass sticks and saw a full box of ERDM. Great job.

Sorry to ruin the surprise! On the other hand, your re-pack job looked great. Everything was in great condition. 

Sorry to ruin the surprise! On the other hand, your re-pack job looked great. Everything was in great condition. 

Haha! @sloppyj It wasn't intended to come out as you being the surprise ruiner. Just wanted to share my experience with the surprise it was to me to open a box I thought had pass sticks in it to find an entire aged box of ERDM. A shock for sure--a most legendary add to the pass!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tave1225 said:

Thank you Chris. The amount of work that goes into putting this together is astounding. Thank you for the time you dedicate to this pass. You should have some of the Choixs arrive to you if all goes well. 

My pleasure mate!  I don't mind running these, especially when they go as smoothly as this one has so far!  Mrs. Schmerr might have something to say about my time spent on emails but I can manage that ....mostly :lookaround: :rotfl:

It would be cool to try one of the Choixs if any make it back to me, definitely!  That said, I want the guys in the pass to have first dibs obviously!  Make sure you avail yourself of the opportunity, guys!

• Like 1

Thanks to Chris for organizing the pass and to everyone who is participating.  There are some amazing smokes in here! 

Here is my proposed put/takes: 

PUTS: 

Reg - Cohiba Behike BHK 54 (TEU Nov 2010)
Reg - Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso 326/6000 (TOR Sep 2015)
Dbl - Bolivar Colosales - RE Alemania 2006 (POS Aug 2006)
Dbl - Ramon Allones 8-9-8 RE Alemana (Box 462/2000) (RAE July 2015)
Dbl - Ramon Allones Super Ramon RE Canada 2011 (OGA Jun 2011)

TAKES: 

Reg - Cohiba Lancero 2005
Reg - Bolivar Belicoso Finos 2006
Dbl - Diplo Bushido RE AP
Dbl - Bolivar Pondersoso RE Bel
Dbl - RA Sur RE Libano

and here's a photo of the proposed puts: 

Let me know your thoughts. 

IMG_2673.JPG

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, boopdeep said:

Thanks to Chris for organizing the pass and to everyone who is participating.  There are some amazing smokes in here! 

Here is my proposed put/takes: 

PUTS: 

Reg - Cohiba Behike BHK 54 (TEU Nov 2010)
Reg - Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso 326/6000 (TOR Sep 2015)
Dbl - Bolivar Colosales - RE Alemania 2006 (POS Aug 2006)
Dbl - Ramon Allones 8-9-8 RE Alemana (Box 462/2000) (RAE July 2015)
Dbl - Ramon Allones Super Ramon RE Canada 2011 (OGA Jun 2011)

TAKES: 

Reg - Cohiba Lancero 2005
Reg - Bolivar Belicoso Finos 2006
Dbl - Diplo Bushido RE AP
Dbl - Bolivar Pondersoso RE Bel
Dbl - RA Sur RE Libano

and here's a photo of the proposed puts: 

Let me know your thoughts. 

Looks excellent, @boopdeep! Trades Approved!   

You've added some certainly desirable RE's into the pass - I'm sure they will be popular!