Vice Asked Australia's Best Sommelier to Find the Nicest, Cheapest Goon

polarbear

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/7bmz8z/we-asked-australias-best-sommelier-to-find-the-nicest-cheapest-goon

I always enjoy these sort of videos/articles (make sure you watch the video at the bottom of the page)
Where you get professional critics to try the cheapest, nastiest examples of their chosen field and review them
This is one of the better ones and it also brings back memories of cold dry season nights, drinking passion pop from the bottle during my mid teens

Edit- I was going to say that Ken and Rob should so something similar with some crap cigars but then I remembered the Monte Open review they did a few years back and felt anything else would be redundant

• Like 1

many years ago, i was contributing to a annual wine guide (the one done by our friend from four pillars) for quite a few years - so much fun to write under someone else's name, but can be embarrassing for the "author", who was interviewed on morning tv about the guide one year and had not read the stuff i'd done for him. asked about one of the reviews - "i said what???"

but i digress. one year, i had to do about forty or fifty different casks. very very hard work. afterwards, i was tossing them down to the giant rubbish collection bin (it was down the coast). they all landed next to it but i had not realised that they were all exploding. we had our own wine lake. lord, it stank.