Hamlet Readies his Second release with Rocky Patel

Glad to see he's gone with a milder blend.  Hopefully that will yield more complexity and better flavors.  I know his first RP release was pretty well received here, but I have to think that was heavily influenced by how much everyone loves Hamlet.  I fully expect this one to be better.  Now, about those vitolas...

I concur with LotusGuy. Much adoration and admiration for Hamlet, but his first collaboration effort with Rocky Patel, yielded a Two Puffs at most before it was Ditched blend for me personally. Honestly, even the two puffs took some effort.

• Like 2

I don't know the man. I thought the first blend was solid, but there are so many good San Andres maduro cigars these days that I've never really gone back and re-tried it.

This new blend sounds like it will be up my alley, and it will be interesting to see what he does with an Ecuador Habano wrapper and PA Broadleaf binder. With the exception of the 6x60, I like the sizes just fine.

I hope it does well!

I enjoyed the first blend. The clear winner for me was the Robusto and the Salamones. They are definitely strong but I found them to be more dynamic than the average NC.   But yes,he will always be remembered for his sweet Cuban customs.  That era is gone.  I think he has the drive to build his brand and be a big player in the NC world soon enough.  He is certainly working hard touring around the US and doing events.  The man has the gift of gab and can certainly entertain an audience.  :ok:

• Like 1

Still haven't tried the first release. Got a couple of salomons, but heard they needed some age, so haven't touched one yet. Any bueno?

5 hours ago, bundwallah said:

I enjoyed the first blend. The clear winner for me was the Robusto and the Salamones. They are definitely strong but I found them to be more dynamic than the average NC.   But yes,he will always be remembered for his sweet Cuban customs.  That era is gone.  I think he has the drive to build his brand and be a big player in the NC world soon enough.  He is certainly working hard touring around the US and doing events.  The man has the gift of gab and can certainly entertain an audience.  :ok:

Agree fully. And the chance of him ever having USA legal Cuban tobacco to blend is more bleak than ever now. I am 50, and most likely will never see legal Cuban cigars in my lifetime, IMO

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, ElJefe said:

I concur with LotusGuy. Much adoration and admiration for Hamlet, but his first collaboration effort with Rocky Patel, yielded a Two Puffs at most before it was Ditched blend for me personally. Honestly, even the two puffs took some effort.

Interesting.....what were they like? I almost bought one local to try

On 7/1/2017 at 10:47 PM, earthson said:

Still haven't tried the first release. Got a couple of salomons, but heard they needed some age, so haven't touched one yet. Any bueno?

Same here, still sitting on the half dozen or so sample selection from...I don't know when.Must be a good couple of years ago I guess.

34 minutes ago, Vortigan said:

Same here, still sitting on the half dozen or so sample selection from...I don't know when.Must be a good couple of years ago I guess.

Rob had the Hamlet samplers available in March 2016. 

• Like 1

I'm not an nc smoker but I am a friend of Hamlets and got some of the Robusto's when they came out. When I first had one they were too strong but I had one a week ago and well still a full bodied cigar, the strength did not totally over power the cigar like before. I think this blend needs time to meld together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Interesting.....what were they like? I almost bought one local to try

It's been quite a while since I had the one, but I believe it was a combination of burnt dirty earth or funk if you want to call it that, a hint of cherry like unpleasant artificial type sweetness, cream, some pepper, and just an overwhelming ever-present flavor of harsh tabacco. I really wanted to like this cigar and give it my thumbs up, but no can do. The wrapper leaf of these is just so jet black, that I highly suspect artificial Maduro wrapper manipulation / coloration. To boot, I had the cigar resting for about two months or so.

• Like 2