Differences in Cohiba Tubo

Gentlemen,

I returned from Cuba about 3 weeks ago and just noticed something that is somewhat concerning. My concern is largely due to my lack of knowledge but I was hoping for some help.

I purchased 12 single Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo from LCDH Hotel Nacional and 12 single Cohiba Piramides Extra Tubo from LCDH Melia Habana. 

The main difference I have seen in that the gold head of the Cohiba logo is raised on the Piramides Extra Tubo and is flush on the Siglo VI Tubo. Should this be of concern? Can anyone opine on whether or not I have a problem?

I do not have dates or factory codes for these as I bought them all loose.

Thank you for your help!

595c33fba458f_FullSizeRender12.thumb.jpg.a14d85f1f1ca272337319d20a92e9092.jpg

Sorry I'm not the best picture taker and I am using an iPhone camera. Hopefully these can help...IMG_3622.thumb.JPG.73b4112dcc457eb8c865c9f670c82be3.JPGIMG_3623.thumb.JPG.a0b9a49fccb93c68e8a2fe37f9dddbe5.JPGIMG_3624.thumb.JPG.9462ef596945c637b4e79e9ed766404e.JPGIMG_3625.thumb.JPG.5266c2a3191711a16db7c6c85bc092ae.JPG

11 minutes ago, JLFIRST said:

I don't even see any holograms on the band's my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, JLFIRST said:

Might be because of the flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Guest Nekhyludov

I'm not an expert, but it looks fine to me. This seems to be in the category of minor variations in packaging that one sees occasionally with HSA. 

I know some think otherwise, but I've always known the Hotel Nacional LCDH to be reliable. 

FWIW, I just checked my Siglo VI tubos, they look just like yours - flush head. Don’t have any Piramides to compare, but if you send me one, I shall promptly analyze it thoroughly for you :lol3:

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

I'm not an expert, but it looks fine to me. This seems to be in the category of minor variations in packaging that one sees occasionally with HSA. 

I know some think otherwise, but I've always known the Hotel Nacional LCDH to be reliable. 

I think the lcdh is but the lounge there, churchills I believe?, definitely attempted to sell my group fakes when we were there last month. I was actually relatively upset, they were awful fakes. After I told him they were fakes and pulled out 3 cohiba from my bag (we had gone on a cigar journey that day to every shop in the city), he backed down. Afterwards, a friend who was in attendance but not a cigar smoker said he saw him pull a bag from a hidden compartment in the bar to stock the humidor before we went over (wanted to purchase to justify the lounge space we were taking up). I was disappointed needless to say. That being said, it's crazy that on my 2 trips I've only seen fakes twice; the Nacional and the Partagas Factory! 

@flinthills I'm traveling for work but picked up a few turbos last month in boxes and cartons so I can check Friday when I'm home although I'm sure far more knowledgeable members will be able to help you out in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Tesoro12 said:

I think the lcdh is but the lounge there, churchills I believe?, definitely attempted to sell my group fakes when we were there last month. I was actually relatively upset, they were awful fakes. After I told him they were fakes and pulled out 3 cohiba from my bag (we had gone on a cigar journey that day to every shop in the city), he backed down. Afterwards, a friend who was in attendance but not a cigar smoker said he saw him pull a bag from a hidden compartment in the bar to stock the humidor before we went over (wanted to purchase to justify the lounge space we were taking up). I was disappointed needless to say. That being said, it's crazy that on my 2 trips I've only seen fakes twice; the Nacional and the Partagas Factory! 

@flinthills I'm traveling for work but picked up a few turbos last month in boxes and cartons so I can check Friday when I'm home although I'm sure far more knowledgeable members will be able to help you out in the meantime. 

I know it is a bit off subject but I would interested to hear about the fakes you saw at the Partagas factory.  

Guest Nekhyludov
18 minutes ago, maxcjs0101 said:

The Siglo VI band seems a little off. 

Size of the white squares are different, Cohiba wording is a bit too big, etc.

On a totally unrelated topic - thank God someone used the Bender Cigar Jerk magazine photo for their profile pic! That's one of my favorite Futurama gags :lol:

3 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

I know it is a bit off subject but I would interested to hear about the fakes you saw at the Partagas factory.  

Sure! You can look in my post history for my write up from April but both times I've gone (April and June of this year), the tour guide will bring you back to your bags (you have to lock them in a closet at the start), lock the door behind you and then pull fakes out of their purse or bag. The non cohiba fakes aren't terrible but anybody with a modicum of experience can tell. The cohiba on the other hand are atrocious. Mislabeled, glass top, etc. 

I don't think they are fakes. Thrrr are slight variations in the real ones sometimes. I would be surprised if these are not genuine. Please smoke one and post your comments