Rafael Gonzalez 88 - Edicion Regional Asia Pacifico Review

Great review John. 'Subtle' seems like a word rarely used for new cigar releases these days. You've got me looking forward to pulling my box out of the locker at the end of the year already! 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I found the ending of the first video review above very interesting. It was the last video review in 2011 on the old deck in Brisbane with Smithy and Rob, and El Pres' last words were that, although he was disappointed that the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra was deleted (in 2010), he was confident that blend would come back in the future. Hence, I look forward to anyone who is familiar with the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra sharing their views in comparing the Rafael Gonzalez 88, and in particular Ken and Rob's upcoming review of this cigar.

• Like 1

Fun to see such different reviews on the (supposedly) same box of Coronas Extra.... :P Wonder in which of the two vids Rob and Smithy were more pissed.  :lol:

Interesting to note the Lagavulin pairing in the second vid. For me, a good RGCE always develops a pronounced peaty note during the course of the smoke.

Thanks for the review, John!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2017 at 2:42 AM, JohnS said:

I believe it's been done and is being edited...probably soon.

Thanks John, and on a side note from your posts we have similar tastes in cigars :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...