Blind Tasting Results for Cigar Number Four

Nice, I got it right!  In my email I said I hoped I was wrong because I can't shell out for a box of those at the moment, and my sample was fantastic. I think I liked the Punch Punch just as well though, possibly even more. They were certainly both mid 90 smokes for me-- I love that size! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cardinalfan85 said:

Nice, I got it right!  In my email I said I hoped I was wrong because I can't shell out for a box of those at the moment, and my sample was fantastic. I think I liked the Punch Punch just as well though, possibly even more. They were certainly both mid 90 smokes for me-- I love that size! 

I have to admit I did have a giggle when you wrote that ;) you choose well

• Like 2

Well my example was the most tasteless CC I've ever set fire to sadly....   The next day i blazed up a Mag 46 that was just as tasteless so that was how I guessed. Hoping the Sig 4s I have onhand are all better sticks.  I had the Sig 4 on my radar as well as the Epi No1, but would never have guessed it was a Cohiba...

Sometimes it happens....

Congratulations to those who nailed it!!

I have never been a big fan of Cohiba (overpriced imo) and it showed with cigar #4... in fact I had never smoked a Siglo 4 before.  I thought it had the Hoyo profile and that it was a no brainer.  

Never imagined it could be a Cohiba.

Kudos to those guessed right!!

Really enjoying this blind tasting comp.

• Like 3

Congratulations to those who got this!! This was certainly one of the most disappointing Siglo IV I've smoked and I wish I could chalk my example to just youth. Oddly enough, my example was distinctly box pressed.

• Like 1

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy.......now 3/4.    and LISA did not help me any.. even after I gave her my best 'come hither sexy' eye look :-)

I tried to give everyone hints...with the word 'classy'.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treberty said:

I have never been a big fan of Cohiba (overpriced imo) and it showed with cigar #4... in fact I had never smoked a Siglo 4 before.  I thought it had the Hoyo profile and that it was a no brainer.  

I've had Siglo 4 before...this one had zero DNA of the others...

• Like 1

This was my first ever correct guess through three blind tasting events. I actually thought this was an easy one. I must have received a good specimen. ---- sam

• Like 2

Welp I whiffed on this one badly. Really disappointing as I had a ton of current production ones when I was on the island and thought I was familiar with the profile. Oh well, I'd agree with others that this didn't strike me as a phenomenal stick but based on my other experience with the 4, I'd mark it as an outlier. Either way, congrats to those who did! Kudos. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, treberty said:

I thought it had the Hoyo profile and that it was a no brainer.  

Never imagined it could be a Cohiba.

Same here.  My guess was HdM Epi #1.  From the flavors I got out of cigar #4 Cohiba Siglo IV never even crossed my mind.

• Like 1

Wow. I'm flummoxed. That was like no Siglo IV that I've ever had, and I'm very familiar with the Siglo IV. It's my favorite from the Cohiba line. My guess? It was from one of those bad batches that Rob usually sends back.

Oh well...so it goes...still a fun contest.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Texwrangler said:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy.......now 3/4.    and LISA did not help me any.. even after I gave her my best 'come hither sexy' eye look :-)

Yeah, I'm surprised that "subtle" hint didn't give it away.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, spivey6690 said:

Enjoyed the cigar and thought it was distinctly Cohiba.  Unfortunately, my wife interrupted my smoke about 1/3 through.   Oh well, at least I got it right.  

Me think its time for a friendly wager on #5....since we're both 3/4.

• Like 1

Tasted just like my JLo #1's I have in stock...so I'll rest easy in the knowledge that they are $189 and lovely, rather than $389 and lovely! ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Texwrangler said:

I'll have to catch you in the home stretch with the last cigar.  My best guess is a Boli Corona Junior....Don't copy me....

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, soutso said:

I'm devastated! Damn autocorrect changed my answer of Cohiba Siglo 4 to Mag 46. I hate Apple

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Like 1