How many cigars per day?

My Cuban Cigar Website Smoking Diary suggests more than I first thought. Like others here, I smoke more during the warmer months and during vacation time and less during winter, although an afternoon winter cigar in my part of the world can still be a great smoke when the weather is sunny, clear and 21 degrees Celsius (70 degrees Fahrenheit). In the last year I've averaged 5 to 6 a week.

• Like 4

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just one a day:      

This describes my routine to a tee as well. With this weekend’s stopwatch challenge, it was fun telling her I had to smoke one “for science, honey”.

Depends on if I am cooking; whole hog probably 4 or 5, Boston Butts 2-3. Just depends....normal week 3-4.  

1-2 a day, but it varies: more if it is a slow day, less when I am busy or when it is raining.  

It used to be more when I lived alone and could please myself by smoking whenever and wherever I wanted, but I have since surrendered my independence and have been banished out of doors.  This does tend to force changes ... ahh, the sacrifices one makes for married bliss.  

• Like 1

In the winter none at home, but around 4 to 8 per week when I travel.

Other than winter, max 2 per day for an average of 4 per week.  Except when I'm golfing then 2 PC per round.

I usually average 7 to 12 cigars on a good week. If I am super busy - some weeks I dont have any (maybe 2 if I am lucky). If i dont have a lot of time to smoke I wont enjoy the cigar as much. I enjoy smoking in winter more too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

While I have only gotten into this seriously since last nov. , I would say 3 or so a week in winter, and 6 or so in summer. Of course issue with this, is , most of my stuff is short aged. I'm buying a fair bit but can't keep my mitts off them.  I'll be up to 200 sticks soon, and hope to grow that to fill a wine cooler. 

While I have only gotten into this seriously since last nov. , I would say 3 or so a week in winter, and 6 or so in summer. Of course issue with this, is , most of my stuff is short aged. I'm buying a fair bit but can't keep my mitts off them.  I'll be up to 200 sticks soon, and hope to grow that to fill a wine cooler. 

A good way to start putting some away to age is if you have a particularly good box put them in a separate long term humidor or coolador when you get down to 6 or 8 and forget about them. Continue to do that and then once you've built up some stock grab one for an occasion or just because. Keep doing it and the years will go by and your aged stock will grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, LLC said:

A good way to start putting some away to age is if you have a particularly good box put them in a separate long term humidor or coolador when you get down to 6 or 8 and forget about them. Continue to do that and then once you've built up some stock grab one for an occasion or just because. Keep doing it and the years will go by and your aged stock will grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya good point......I was buying half or 10 boxes to see what I liked. After reading Prezs descriptions, and finding them bang on, now buying 25s, so that will be easier to do going forward.  

I used to smoke 3 to 4 per day. Found out that I was mainly smoking due to my state of mind at the time, depressed and smoking just to smoke. Had lost the smoking to enjoy the smoke. Gladly now I can say that I am only smoking 1, maybe 2 per day at the most. I'm back to smoking for the pure enjoyment of the cigar! Sadly I burned threw too many 50 cabs and now I have to restock my collection.
Happily though, it's for the best and I'm enjoying them again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Usually one a night during the work week and too many on the weekend.  Nice weather I am good for another 6 on the weekend.  (Although this past Sunday I smoked 6 :D)

10-14 a week I guess...Good times!

During the summer, average one per day. My afternoon treat, on the patio or back porch. No smoking in the house per my resident KGB agent/ wife!! During the winter I cut back drastically depending on the weather. Unless it's pretty cold, I can manage one on the back porch. Sometimes 1-2 per week, sometimes none for several weeks. Usually the beach for vacation, so one at the beach and then another after dinner enjoying a post prandial drink!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk