Whynter wineador wiring question

For all you wiring gurus out there. My wineador is connected to an ETC, which is good. The problem is, part of the coolers boot function is to beep upon powering on. 

Being in the bedroom, the beeping in the middle of the night is very annoying. Anyone know how to circumvent the beep?

It definitely emits from the temp control board on the front of the door and sounds like it comes from the same piece that displays the LED numbers. I'm temped to disconnect this control board but am afraid it would disable the old unit completely. 

I would say that the advice given is sound so I have little to add.

Be aware that these proprietary PLCs may have start up error codes and cutting anything might fault the PLC.

Before I cut anything I would call them and tell them that the beep is annoying... They may have a startup routine that silences the mode. You may even find it in the manual.

Read first, cut second! -Piggy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PigFish said:

Be aware that these proprietary PLCs may have start up error codes and cutting anything might fault the PLC.

Thanks. That's what I'm afraid of. Was hoping someone had cut it before, so I wouldn't have to call Whynter. I've heard their service is less than stellar. But I'll give it a shot.