Recommended Posts

Scared to mooch...scared to mooch...will you do the Fandango!

I never saw Freddie or Queen, but I watch the docu's of their concerts. Freddie was just sooooo Awesome!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Queen with Adam Lambert last month here in KC.  Was a really great concert. Nice stage setup, good set list. Lambert can really perform. He's not Freddy Mercury, but he does pretty well.

'20170709_210223.thumb.jpg.bc577ab4de5862aa727d32b746649d51.jpg

20170709_205942.thumb.jpg.78b29c99564f706e0717916fc036dab2.jpg

Brian May can still really rock. One of my favorite rock guitarists. The runway projecting from the stage was actually shaped and lit just like his signature Red Special guitar he has used throughout his career. At one point, a drum kit came out of the end of the runway and Brian May, Roger Taylor and Lambert all performed a few numbers out there in the middle of the crowd. 20170709_214302.thumb.jpg.944d714b2210b5c9498aff92245caf4e.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw them in 1980 here in Baton Rouge. They light show was incredible and they rocked the house down. I would say the 2nd best concert behind Zeppelin. Zeppelin was just the greatest of all time without a doubt!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirVantes said:

I know (as Freddie himself sang) the Show Must Go On, but Queen performing without Freddie, Journey performing without Steve Perry, GnR performing without Axl...:no:

Yeah, hard to imagine Queen without Freddie.  Not too worried about Journey without Perry.   They were Journey before Perry and brought him on because they couldn't sell records.  As a percussionist it's harder to think about them without Steve Smith, who was a drum hero for me. And GnR wouldn't be  GnR without Axl and Slash IMO.  

And Ken, that's a creative video.   Had not seen that....   When I do see something like that I realize I was born without any creativity at all....

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Yeah, hard to imagine Queen without Freddie.  Not too worried about Journey without Perry.   They were Journey before Perry and brought him on because they couldn't sell records.  As a percussionist it's harder to think about them without Steve Smith, who was a drum hero for me. And GnR wouldn't be  GnR without Axl and Slash IMO.  

And Ken, that's a creative video.   Had not seen that....   When I do see something like that I realize I was born without any creativity at all....

i just put up the pic. mate sent it to me (and i might add that he is not so much a queen fan but yet another of those fanatical bruce zealots). nothing to do with any video.

and to be honest, i had no idea that they had even performed since freddie left us. until i read this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really come to respect Freddy in the last couple of years. I've always kind of like queen but  but I never really respected for these talents until recently his voice etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Queens first 4 albums are still my favourite all time albums. They just have everything I could possibly enjoy. 

Freddy's voice is my all time favourite voice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked the show here in San Jose and found one of Brian May's six Pence coins that he uses for picks near the edge of the stage while breaking down the risers. The guy on the road crew, "Bro Town", says "Well, looks like you found one of Brian's picks. Nice one mate."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before there was Autotune, we had four part harmony, Freddy and the boys were masters of it.

For a guy who, as I understand it, did not particularly care for fat bottomed girls,

I respect the fact that he was able to sing so passionately about them.

To top it off, he sang his own eulogy. Every time I hear the song The Show Must Go On, I am not to proud to admit that it brings a tear to my eye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, soutso said:

Queens first 4 albums are still my favourite all time albums. They just have everything I could possibly enjoy. 

Freddy's voice is my all time favourite voice. 

...Nik, I am trying not to link this with some of your recent emails...! -LOL

-R

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PigFish said:

...Nik, I am trying not to link this with some of your recent emails...! -LOL

-R

Very true! Though you can enjoy a man's craft, it don't mean you would enjoy his.... oh dear!

By the way, in one of your YouTube vids, Queen's song, "Seaside Rendezvous" is on in the background. Very very interesting....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soutso said:

Very true! Though you can enjoy a man's craft, it don't mean you would enjoy his.... oh dear!

By the way, in one of your YouTube vids, Queen's song, "Seaside Rendezvous" is on in the background. Very very interesting....

I like the band myself. Brian May is a talented guitarist and song writer. Freddie, lets just say he was one of a kind!!!

One song I like a is "I'm in Love with my Car."

I like a lot of duets. This includes, "Under Pressure."

Two of my favorites are, "Las Palabras de Amor" and "Who Wants to Live Forever?"

A lot of their stuff is a little glam for my taste, but they are a band of talents, that is for sure.

You guys know how much I like Hackett and he plays with a lot of other people. He has a song with Brian May called, "Cassandra." Fantastic song...! Fantastic guitar duet last 1/3 of the song.

-R

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.