La Escepcion Don José Edición Regional Italia TOS SEP 15

The day after returning from a Chicago home trip, I opted to smoke a Don José as my first smoke in anticipation of a much-needed nicotine kick based on previous experience.

Beautiful construction with a near-perfect draw with pre-light notes of gingerbread.

First 3rd:

Similar to the last one I had a couple of months ago, it started off really spicy showing predominately white pepper with cinnamon and cloves. Once it settled down, the cloves diminished allowing the cinnamon to be more prominent. The finish had lingering cedar notes.

Middle 3rd: 

It mostly remained consistent with the first third (spicy profile) with the exception of pleasant nutmeg spices completely replaced the cinnamon notes. Near the middle of this third, I finally got hit with the much anticipated nicotine blast. Cedar notes remained on the finish.

Final 3rd:

Definitely, this is a full body/strength smoke that had me lightheaded. While the nutmeg notes remained noticeable, they started to fade and now overtaken by the reemergence of cinnamon. Coffee was now on full display on the persistent finish.

94 Points with upside. It's impressive how great the Don José is smoking at this young age.  This powerhouse smoke reminded me that I still have to pick up my Escepcion jar of the Selectos Finos that I've had on-hold for a couple of months now. 

I have to admit it that I'm bit disappointed that the gingerbread noted on the pre-light never made an appearance during showtime. 

IMG_2473.thumb.JPG.64545da4768be3a153b9de639e3744a4.JPG

IMG_2477.thumb.JPG.ea0664f4877f7ab8c0160bd48b5027f9.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

Thanks for the drool-worthy review. This is one of very few REs I hope get my hands on someday.

It's definitely worth seeking out. Highly recommended. Congratulation on your 100 posts since you might now qualify to join the FOH trading forum.

• Like 1