how is the view from the office window?

think we had a thread on this a while back but i could not help but revive it.

have taken myself away from home down to the family shack in northern nsw for a few days to get some work done sans distractions. and been taking an evening break to fire up a cigar and try and do something for future Kenfessions. had one fish (nice flattie first cast) but did my back trying to saw off a branch on one of mum's trees, as requested. so no more fishing. and listening to a bit of Bruce. work been slow but steady.

weather has been perfect. every day cloudless. shining blue seas. massive full moons. chilly but much better than my place in brizzy. so it is not a bad view any time, but this morning i have been watching a pod of humpback whales splashing and leaping out of the ocean.

any day you can see that from the office window is hard to beat.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

have taken myself away from home down to the family shack in northern nsw for a few days to get some work done sans distractions. and been taking an evening break to fire up a cigar and try and do something for future Kenfessions. had one fish (nice flattie first cast) but did my back trying to saw off a branch on one of mum's trees, as requested. so no more fishing. and listening to a bit of Bruce. work been slow but steady.

weather has been perfect. every day cloudless. shining blue seas. massive full moons. chilly but much better than my place in brizzy. so it is not a bad view any time, but this morning i have been watching a pod of humpback whales splashing and leaping out of the ocean.

What’s with winter in Oz? Rob and Di keep heading to the beach to work on their tans, you’ve got blue skies and whales breaching....

Sounds like the ideal getaway from winter just about anywhere else on the planet. Except maybe Maui :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

What’s with winter in Oz? Rob and Di keep heading to the beach to work on their tans, you’ve got blue skies and whales breaching....

Sounds like the ideal getaway from winter just about anywhere else on the planet. Except maybe Maui :D

the weather in Queensland from about April to October is, for me, the absolute best on the planet (sadly the rest of the year sucks big time). i happen to live (when in Brizzy) in  the coldest house in australia but i can remember when i lived on the gold coast that there would often not be a day in winter when at some stage one couldn't comfortably wander around in a T shirt.

if i was visiting australia, i'd definitely avoid summer and come winter.

• Like 1

Just now, toofargone said:

The sharks and other thousands of animals that can kill you become dormant in winter, it's the safest time to hit the beach in Australia....

this is how we keep our sharks and crocs happy. feed them unsuspecting tourists. good luck with that!

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

Take care of that back! Chronic back problems are the worst.

59 minutes ago, toofargone said:

The sharks and other thousands of animals that can kill you become dormant in winter, it's the safest time to hit the beach in Australia....

except for the flesh eating sea lice down around Melbourne beaches....but the trick is to keep moving and toughen up.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/sea-fleas-lice-australia-injury-video-spd/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btort910 said:

Take care of that back! Chronic back problems are the worst.

had it for decades. rarely pops up these days. just occasionally. many years ago, there were days when i was literally unable to move from bed for several days. not fun. anyone with back problems has my sympathy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

had it for decades. rarely pops up these days. just occasionally. many years ago, there were days when i was literally unable to move from bed for several days. not fun. anyone with back problems has my sympathy.

Two glasses of red works better than cyclosporine , but I suspect you've tried that already?