Visiting el Laguito (Cohiba): Does one need some kind of special permission?

Baktun9

Currently, there aren't any public tours through el laguito. So yes, you have to know someone to get in. Our guide was able to get us to a tour because he was good friends with the director of the factory. It's awesome to see, and the factory is currently making the Cohiba Majestuosos and Grandiosos 1966's. They will fill the 1966 humidors and sell them for 100k and 300k

• Like 3

7 hours ago, uscmd310 said:

Currently, there aren't any public tours through el laguito. So yes, you have to know someone to get in. Our guide was able to get us to a tour because he was good friends with the director of the factory. It's awesome to see, and the factory is currently making the Cohiba Majestuosos and Grandiosos 1966's. They will fill the 1966 humidors and sell them for 100k and 300k

Nice! Lucky you! Any pictures?

I too got a private tour - was an amazing experience. Smoked a cigar from the factory floor upon arrival with my wife, my guide, the president and the vp of operations and then got a 1.5 hour tour of the entire facility. Honestly was the highlight of our entire trip to Cuba and something I'll never ever forget.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3