Cohiba Talismán Editión Limitada 2017

A secondary market has on offer the new  Cohiba Talismán Editión Limitada 2017.

This box has a date code of Jul '17 and sold for $900.00.

This is a box of ten cigars .

I still have trouble getting my head around this............STUPID MONEY FOR CIGARS !!

https://flickr.com/photos/11439138@N07/sets/72157684962907533

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the end of the day I think we should all stop judging people on whether they buy this cigar or not. Personally I would pay $300 to go to the event because I've never been to a cigar related event a

Because when I smoke cigars that arent available yet I am better than you! More likes, more views. If they are expensive even better!!!

Those wrappers look like they've passed through the tar pits in the Rocky Patel factory.  

At least it's a little better sized than the Robusto Supremeos.

Who want to predict when the first Habanos vitola shaped like a tuna fish can is released? :D

Even if I got one as a gift, my expectations about such a "premium" and expensive cigar would certainly affect and bias the experience of smoking it.  I've smoked some EL and RE.  Most have been OK but underwhelming when compared to regular production smoke from the same marca.  I expect something more, but am usually disappointed when they are as just as good, sometimes not even so, as the regular production line.  I'd rather get 3-4 boxes of something I know I'll enjoy, than be let down by the hype, especially with Cohiba.   

• Like 1

I must admit. I am finally getting tired of these RE & EL releases and sticking closer to regular production stuff that interests me.   I don't sampling some here and there but unless one really performs well when I smoke it. I'm not going to bother with full boxes.   These releases are heaven for the price gougers and flippers though. :P

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, GrouchoMarx said:

That's $90US / stick.

Put it in perspective, if you were to buy ONE Siglo V here (Ontario Canada) from your local B&M, it will run you about the same.

Thats excessive, even compared to Quebec standards. BHK 52 here is in the $90cdn range. Hard to believe Ontario has Sig V for $120 cdn...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Thats excessive, even compared to Quebec standards. BHK 52 here is in the $90cdn range. Hard to believe Ontario has Sig V for $120 cdn...

No kidding - Ontario just jacked the tax recently. Oh, and don't even THINK of opening a cigar lounge! 

At any rate, you can guess where I DON'T buy cigars! (well, aside from a couple of farmies I picked up for a measly$12 each).

21 hours ago, in0gravity said:

That's odd. I heard it will be first released in the Uk through a special event by Hunters&Frankau. As they have been awarded the world release by Habanos.

Regards
Lars

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Correct H&F are the official release partners for the Talisman (Jemma Freeman own words when speaking with her in Cuba in March). There have been a few of these coming out of Cuba recently, always going to be some leakage....there's always someone who wants to make some coin. I suspect actual pricing is 50% less than what offered on the secondary.

I never bought any Robusto Supremos when they came out as I hate the size, the Talisman slightly more appealing but Cohiba EL pricing always puts me off..

• Like 1

That's near enough the price for the average box over here in OZ ??

• Sad 1

On August 13, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Lotusguy said:

He probably marked it up 100% for the fools with more money than sense that have the urge to be the first to have these.

Sure enough - happens with every new release. Hell, there's people who do it with reg production.