Cohiba Talismán Editión Limitada 2017

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the end of the day I think we should all stop judging people on whether they buy this cigar or not. Personally I would pay $300 to go to the event because I've never been to a cigar related event a

Because when I smoke cigars that arent available yet I am better than you! More likes, more views. If they are expensive even better!!!

Those wrappers look like they've passed through the tar pits in the Rocky Patel factory.  

On 8/13/2017 at 7:08 AM, garbandz said:

A secondary market has on offer the new  Cohiba Talismán Editión Limitada 2017.

This box has a date code of Jul '17 and sold for $900.00.

This is a box of ten cigars .

I still have trouble getting my head around this............STUPID MONEY FOR CIGARS !!

https://flickr.com/photos/11439138@N07/sets/72157684962907533

I just came across an online dealer last night selling these for under $500 a box and got my name on the list to notify when back in stock...

5 hours ago, smfdff said:

I just came across an online dealer last night selling these for under $500 a box and got my name on the list to notify when back in stock...

I see one that has them for $467.83. And boxes of 25 to boot! LOL

Flippers, get your flipping flipperinos ready!

Ready.....set.....GOUGE!

• Like 2

On 8/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, wabashcr said:

Those wrappers look like they've passed through the tar pits in the Rocky Patel factory.  

:D  :D  :rotfl:

On 14.8.2017 at 3:07 PM, wabashcr said:

The first Talisman`s from the July production en la fabrica la Corona didn`t  have so dark or better black maduro wrappers as my knowledge.

The color was dark brown, no black

produced only in a little quantity to complete  the production plan.

PC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hunters & Frankau will host the global launch at the Corinthia Hotel in London on November 7th...

Hunters & Frankau is delighted to announce that a limited number of tickets for the much anticipated global launch of the Cohiba Talisman (Edición Limitada 2017) are now available to purchase.

The launch party will take place on Tuesday 7th November at the Corinthia Hotel London.

The evening will be held in The Garden Lounge of the hotel from 7:30pm to 9:30pm and will offer guests the opportunity to be among the first people in the world to enjoy this latest release from Cuba’s flagship cigar brand.

Guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy some bespoke cocktails (mixed to pair with this new cigar) as well as some fine rums, whiskies and champagne.

Matthieu de Gottal world renowned chocolatier will be on hand to share a collection of hand made truffles specially blended to pair with the Talisman cigar.

We are also delighted to announce that awarding-winning photographer Harriet Brocket will be launching her latest Cuban collection at the event.

A live band will play through the evening.

Tickets, priced at £200.00 per person, are now available.

If you would like to purchase a ticket, please contact Dawn Ireland on 020 7471 8409 or email [email protected].

Please be aware that ticket availability for this event is extremely limited.

Source: http://www.cigars.co.uk/news/global-launch-of-cohiba-talisman-tickets-now-on-sale/

On 8/14/2017 at 11:11 AM, shlomo said:

Thats excessive, even compared to Quebec standards. BHK 52 here is in the $90cdn range. Hard to believe Ontario has Sig V for $120 cdn...

Being from the US, I am not understanding how cigars are so expensive up North.

When you say $90cdn, is that before tax or does it include the tax? Why are they so expensive? I can't see how anyone could afford this hobby in Canada. Seems almost illegal to set prices that high. 

33 minutes ago, MooseAMuffin said:

Being from the US, I am not understanding how cigars are so expensive up North.

When you say $90cdn, is that before tax or does it include the tax? Why are they so expensive? I can't see how anyone could afford this hobby in Canada. Seems almost illegal to set prices that high. 

It's the taxes jacking it up.  Something along the lines of 113%.  That box of Behike 56 you can grab in Cuba (availability pending) for ~$450USD...sells for at least $1100 CAD because of taxes.  We "afford" it by either taking cheap trips to Cuba now and then, or taking advantage of online sites such as CUNINT..  ;)   B&M's up here have it tough.  I support them when I can with the odd purchase but it's not feasible to stock up locally.  Some of them do have "rich" clientele that couldnt be bothered going the online route and are frequent shoppers.  Some. Not all.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bundwallah said:

It's the taxes jacking it up.  Something along the lines of 113%.  That box of Behike 56 you can grab in Cuba (availability pending) for ~$450USD...sells for at least $1100 CAD because of taxes.  We "afford" it by either taking cheap trips to Cuba now and then, or taking advantage of online sites such as CUNINT..  ;)   B&M's up here have it tough.  I support them when I can with the odd purchase but it's not feasible to stock up locally.  Some of them do have "rich" clientele that couldnt be bothered going the online route and are frequent shoppers.  Some. Not all.  

113%?? That is crazy. If you go to Cuba to stock up, do they tax you when you get back to Canada?

I feel sorry for your B&Ms.  I'm pretty sure a 113% tax on anything falls under the description of "cruel and unusual punishment" :yes:

1 hour ago, Wertman said:

What are the real prices going to be for the new Cohiba any ideas?

At a guess in the region of $450+ or higher (probably higher)

I am priced out at this stage especially for 10 count.

1 hour ago, MooseAMuffin said:

113%?? That is crazy. If you go to Cuba to stock up, do they tax you when you get back to Canada?

I feel sorry for your B&Ms.  I'm pretty sure a 113% tax on anything falls under the description of "cruel and unusual punishment" :yes:

If we go to Cuba for > 48 hours we can bring back 50 cigars Duty Free.  You can bring more if you're willing to risk it though. Often, the agents either put on a small duty or just let you pass through with a warning.  they're more concerned with alchohol limits than tobacco it seems.  B&M's do "OK" here.  At least in Ontario. In some provinces they seem to do better.  Quebec still has grandfathered in cigar lounges where you can smoke.  Every other Province does not.  

This is a fake one my friend. Talisman will not be released until Nov 7th of this year by Hunters & Frankau. This has been confirmed by Habanos S.A as H&F will be the first one in the whole world  to introduce and put these on sales. All you have seen or heard about its release with on-hands photos were just...well..crap. ??

• Like 1

That's odd. I heard it will be first released in the Uk through a special event by Hunters&Frankau. As they have been awarded the world release by Habanos.

Regards
Lars

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
This is true, tickets are available here for £200 per person for the event

46 minutes ago, mk05 said:

In all seriousness, the cigars being released are too expensive. HSA will rue the day the company decided to fully price in the cigars pre-sale.

We'll see.  It looks to me like they're testing the limits of what the market will bear from a Cohiba EL.  Why wouldn't they do this, given how previous ELs sold?  It's in their best interest to capture as much value as possible at the initial sale, leaving less on the table for the secondary market.

• Like 1

Going by the price stated in OP, the cigar above is less than ten BHK54 from COH on his list right now. Half the price if you can get it around $500.

And if it smokes great in 5 years, it will rock our world.

Or not.

CB

Let's all pay $300.00 to go to an event and smoke a cigar which really will not be ready  for consumption for 5 years.......

WHY?

• Like 1