6 OF THE MOST LUXURIOUS CIGAR LOUNGES IN THE WORLD

Haven't been to the others here though I can say that for me the Carnegie Club is OK though a bit run down. The Grand Havana Room at 666 5th Avenue more closely fits the description.

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov

My wife and I are headed to London in the fall and we've planned a day at the Ritz - afternoon tea, then the spa for her and a walk down to JJ Fox for me. Unfortunately, the Garden Pavilion is for Ritz Club members or hotel guests only, so riff-raff like me aren't welcome :P

Is "most expensive" considered a good thing then? 

A decent pub garden,  maybe with a sheltered area, and bring your own smokes (highest end super expensive tupperware only) works best for me. Or my garden with the bbq and firepit doing their business. 

I jest slightly but would enjoy them far more than any of the cigar lounges shown.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nekhyludov said:

My wife and I are headed to London in the fall and we've planned a day at the Ritz - afternoon tea, then the spa for her and a walk down to JJ Fox for me. Unfortunately, the Garden Pavilion is for Ritz Club members or hotel guests only, so riff-raff like me aren't welcome :P

It's too bad you won't see the Garden Pavilion, but I'd rather spend my time in JJ Fox, anyway.

3 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

Since you're using the spa and tea services you could see if the concierge could get you in.

If not, the Cigar Terrace at The Wellesley is a 15 minute walk or 5 minute taxi.  I thought this could have made the list.  

36 minutes ago, wade1979 said:

Went to the new Ashton Cigar Bar in Philly over the weekend. Was very impressed. 

That one is quite nice

13 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Carnegie Club for us and and other FOH members together.

Even back years ago before updating. And still like 1950's?

Love it.

CB

I agree Carnegie Club is a nice place to meet up and smoke cigars. While it's nice I just wouldn't consider it one of the tops in terms of luxury....

• Like 1

So, Redmoon in Beijing is a no go.  They've converted the cigar lounge into a whiskey room since the smoking laws changed this year or last...I just went by tonight.  

Then went to the LCDH at St Regis...they have a room with about 8 leather chairs that...drumrolll.......You can't smoke in anymore. They do have some outrageously expensive cigars though.

Siglo IV Box $1079 USD

CCE Box $1041 USD 

• Sad 2

I would be happy with a large shed if it was close enough and full of like minded cigar lovers.

The UK is utter shite for all things cigar related. There are a couple of "cigars bars" within 20 miles or so, have visited them both and and seem pretty empty other than a few pretentious twats trying to hold court.  I just don't think we have the culture for it in the UK currently, but I so wish we did.

That said, I shall be trying The Puffin Rooms in Liverpool next week with a non cigar smoking friend and his Mrs, is a bit of a jazz bar as well so might work out OK.  Only problem is, it is owned by CGars Ltd which even by UK standards is horrendously over priced .  

2 hours ago, toofargone said:

NOOOOOOOOO! I was going there in a few weeks. Gah!

Yea, from what I've found there is currently no indoor smoking in Beijing, cigar club or otherwise. 

Where are are you staying? 

Right on.  Beijing is huge and the traffic is terrible so getting across the city to someplace can be a challenge and potentially a waste of time.  

That said, if you're staying near the east side, go to the outside area at the bar at the "East Hotel".  Great casual place to have a smoke, almost always some vibe and doesn't feel overly dead and commercial like a lot of the places around.  Also, if you're over there, try to get to the 798 arts district right up the street.  That place would be authentically cool in pretty much any city in the world, unlike a lot of the crap in Beijing.

• Like 1

I will have to saunter across to the Library Bar at the Ritz in Dubai. 5 mins walk from the La Casa nearby. Dubai, is better served by going to the Fairmont Palm cigar lounge, there is a small Cigar shop, with normal prices 10 paces from the bar. you can buy there, smoke your own, or ask Luigi Garcia what special stuff he has in the humidors.

The Clayton in Chicago needs a mention, a newish private members place, its huge and fabulous. It has a smaller retail bit as well.

Keith.

17 hours ago, toofargone said:

Thanks :) When I get my itinerary can I drop you a PM to get some suggestions??

For sure, no problem.  I am by no means a Beijing expert but I will definitely pass along the info I do have.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was in Las Vegas last week for Communication Tower Rope Rescue Training and got a chance to stop by the Montecristo Lounge. This was my second time going and I like it very much. One large TV wall (10'x20') a huge walk in, video porker at the bar, an "outdoor lounge" out back and a general "Library" feel with all the hardwood and leather. I had the place to myself for almost an hour, so I got to poke around more than last time, below are a few photos from this most recent trip.

IMG_6313.thumb.JPG.845aac5944ce0ce3f2564bcf98013274.JPGIMG_6312.thumb.JPG.db00d8a3206ad3e24345946084aedcc0.JPGIMG_6310.thumb.JPG.2a9551c49a9a76190a4f397e36582ce4.JPGIMG_6308.thumb.JPG.a3eb60164dcc1e9272f2af37037ae62f.JPGIMG_6307.thumb.JPG.9b5bf7ab3f91afe5d1c85f7605f5c641.JPG

• Like 1